Results are only viewable after voting.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there will be some way,cause he wont be playing for bulldogs next year

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fans should put on a class action against him for the physical, mental and emotional distress he’s caused us for 3 years. He’s just a stubborn prick. Take your money. You will have a great career in the media.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he wants to play on go for it.
6 month minimum, more likely 7 to 8 should get us the 350k salary cap allowance for an injured player in a rep game.
With the transfer market about to heat up hopefully that 350k can be used wisely.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wants to play on go for it.
6 month minimum, more likely 7 to 8 should get us the 350k salary cap allowance for an injured player in a rep game.
With the transfer market about to heat up hopefully that 350k can be used wisely.
True, I didn’t think of this.

Which half will we sign?...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Doesn't it have to be a "medical retirement" to clear up the cap space?
I don't think so, if a player decides to call it quits early in his career then he would be off the books after that current year?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Dean has got to give Wakeham a shot in the halves... I know Horse won't agree but the kid is mature above his years, and is the most creative half we have had in a long time... handled himself well on debut.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
True, I didn’t think of this.

Which half will we sign?...
No idea...
We'd need to get a player to break a contract.
Jack Bird, AJ Brimson, Aiden Sezer, Latrell Mitchell as a 6, Brodie Croft, Connor Watson, Jake Clifford, Dylan Brown, Zac Lomax all off contract in 2020.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy has nothing else to prove in the sport. At almost 30, he's punishing himself and the club by clinging on hope. If I was him I would consider a long and financially lucrative career following his father's path in the corporate world.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy has nothing else to prove in the sport. At almost 30, he's punishing himself and the club by clinging on hope. If I was him I would consider a long and financially lucrative career following his father's path in the corporate world.
Maybe he just wants to bank another couple of million then sit back and just chill for the rest of his life with his wife and her army of kids. If he has been smart with his money he could easily just retire.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
No idea...
Jack Bird, AJ Brimson, Aiden Sezer, Latrell Mitchell as a 6, Brodie Croft, Connor Watson, Jake Clifford, Dylan Brown, Zac Lomax all off contract in 2020.
I think there are rules in how you use the $350,000. Has to be the same position, can't be used as a part payment etc. So that limits us a lot, not many big halves on $350,000. For something so fundamental to the game there is very little information about all the nitty gritty on it. One page on the main NRL website. https://www.nrl.com/operations/integrity/salary-cap/ and not much else, I couldn't even find a mention of the $350,000 dispensation.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will you or anyone else retire knowing you can stick around and get $1.2 million? I know I won't retire and I can tell you 99% of people won't.

Banned
Reaction score
Will you or anyone else retire knowing you can stick around and get $1.2 million? I know I won't retire and I can tell you 99% of people won't.
Depends if it's going to cost me more in the long term, as astute members here suspect it will for Kieran!
Playing on and creating ill will is counter productive to any opportunities post playing career.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
OMG why can't people understand that he will not lose his 1.2 mil if he retires.

If that was the case of course no-one would walk away from it. He will get his money no matter what so why become even more of a cripple plus be a selfish ****?

He will get his fukin money!

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No idea...
So that's an extra 350k we can offer Croft. Sweet as.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there are rules in how you use the $350,000. Has to be the same position, can't be used as a part payment etc. So that limits us a lot, not many big halves on $350,000. For something so fundamental to the game there is very little information about all the nitty gritty on it. One page on the main NRL website. https://www.nrl.com/operations/integrity/salary-cap/ and not much else, I couldn't even find a mention of the $350,000 dispensation.
Timing could be one thing to take into consideration.
E.g. Say Croft is on 400k. Pay period is from November 1 to October 31. We sign Croft at the end of December, Storm have payed him 66k already, we get him for 334 for the remainder of the season.
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, I don't think any club has done it since the protocol was introduced.