Bulldogs FTA - 9 Games

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not surprising our ratings for our games were horrible last year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many did we have last year? Felt like a lot. I watched on Kayo anyways tho.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Or perhaps the biggest surprise here is the Bulldogs at just nine free-to-air games. “Nine games? I mean that’s not too bad, really!” is what I hear you think, but bear in mind that since 2008 the Bulldogs have had the second most free-to-air fixtures after the Broncos.
If you’d told me that the Bulldogs would only by given one more fixture than the historically Channel-Nine-free Raiders this season, I would’ve spit out my Weet-Bix this morning and doubted you big time.,"

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy doing his best to destroy the club that gave him his shot.
What an abhorrent ****.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe if we play a more entertaining style of footy we'd have more people wanting to watch us play?

All I know is since 2013 we've been a very boring team to watch. I wouldn't watch us play if I wasn't a supporter.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe if we play a more entertaining style of footy we'd have more people wanting to watch us play?

All I know is since 2013 we've been a very boring team to watch. I wouldn't watch us play if I wasn't a supporter.
Exactly combine a boring style of play and poor form and you are left with something that not many people want to watch. Crowds, membership numbers and ratings have all taken a hit over the last few years.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I admit i couldn't give too hoots about Channel Nein. I only go there for SOO and GF.

But, I'll also acknowledge a lot of people (most?) still use it as their primary source of footy viewing.

There are 16 teams in the comp and 3 FTA games a week, so 6 teams our of 16 get a Guernsey each week.

over 24 matches, on average a team will get 9. So we are "average". That's ok for a team who didn't threaten the 8 last season.

(somebody please feel free to challenge my quick maths - maybe the bye and magic round affects it or something).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So less FTA games, still no major sponsor...not ideal.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I admit i couldn't give too hoots about Channel Nein. I only go there for SOO and GF.

But, I'll also acknowledge a lot of people (most?) still use it as their primary source of footy viewing.

There are 16 teams in the comp and 3 FTA games a week, so 6 teams our of 16 get a Guernsey each week.

over 24 matches, on average a team will get 9. So we are "average". That's ok for a team who didn't threaten the 8 last season.

(somebody please feel free to challenge my quick maths - maybe the bye and magic round affects it or something).
It’s hard to work it out that way when there’s teams like the Warriors, Cowboys and Titans that get a lot lower amount of FTA games then everyone else.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s hard to work it out that way when there’s teams like the Warriors, Cowboys and Titans that get a lot lower amount of FTA games then everyone else.
Quite. I don't know how its all done. I think, before Foxtel showed all games, nine would get first dibs, then Foxtel, then nine etc, but with the full season now laid our rather than only 6 or so weeks ahead, it's probably different.

Broncos would actually probably prefer Sunday games - they get their biggest crowds Sunday arvo (as do a lot of other clubs i guess).

Thursday is a FTA game, but not so sure clubs really want to be playing then. But sponsors will get good exposure i guess.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuck channel 9 anyways.

Kayo or live streaming is the way.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS fkn lol @ the Raiders getting less games than us.

At least they are exciting to watch.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We will smash it this year :hearteyes: much improvement excepted ..!! And we need too.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it Kayo in general that lags or is it just your place?
I got 45 mbps consistently. Kayo streams very well. I can't explain it. When the dogs are playing most times it seems like there's many fans trying to stream and the bandwidth is limited.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Foxtel but still... screw those guys... that's a big loss for 9 since we have a stronger supporter base than most teams..

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not like we were the most exciting team to watch play let’s be honest