Official Bulldogs confirm 2020 NRL Squad

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can provide the following update on the club's official NRL squad for the upcoming 2020 season.

Under the terms of the CBA between the NRL and RLPA, each club is required to have the contracts of a minimum of 24 players registered by November 1.

Clubs then have until March 1 to register 29 players and June 30 to finalise their top 30 squad.

The current NRL contracted squad stands at 29 players with one spot still available before the June 30 deadline.

The Bulldogs confirmed the signings of Joe Stimson, Dean Britt and Sione Katoaduring the 2019 season as new faces to the club’s roster, while local junior Jake Averillo and exciting outside back Isaiah Tass have both been rewarded with top 30 contracts.

The Bulldogs are pleased to announce Tui Katoa, James Roumanos, Matt Doorey, Tyrone Harding and Sebastian Winters-Chang as the club's development players for this season.

Every club is allowed three to six development players every year outside of their top 30 NRL squad. The players train full-time and previously were not eligible to play first grade without an exemption from the NRL.

Preparations for the 2020 season begin on November 4 with a host of rookies starting the new campaign before the entire squad settles together in early December.

TOP 30:
Adam Elliott, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham, Chris Smith, Christian Crichton, Corey Harawira-Naera, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dean Britt, Dylan Napa, Isaiah Tass, Jack Cogger, Jake Averillo, Jayden Okunbor, Jeremy Marshall-King, Joe Stimson, Josh Jackson, Kerrod Holland, Kieran Foran, Lachlan Lewis, Marcelo Montoya, Morgan Harper, Nick Meaney, Ofahiki Ogden, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reimis Smith, Renouf To'omaga, Sauaso Sue, Sione Katoa, Will Hopoate

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS:
Tui Katoa, Matt Doorey, James Roumanos, Tyrone Harding, Sebastian Winters-Chang.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/11/04/bulldogs-confirm-2020-nrl-squad/

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed very disappointing
is there something missing? did he sign somewhere else? did he have a falling out? baffaling... i thought he looked very good all year as well as in the test match against fiji.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
where is KAYNE KALACHE????!?!?!
Hopefully he’s still on a reggies contract but it’s not looking good. I’d prefer to have kept him over Roumanos if I had a choice.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was hoping to see Topine in that Dev squad.
Would it have anything to do with his age? If he's not 18 yet, he may not be able to sign an NRL contract yet. I could (very likely) be wrong. But the Australian Schoolboys Captain who's in our system would most definitely get signed as soon as he can. Surely.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
29 spots filled so early is concerning especially with the lack of quality in that list.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would it have anything to do with his age? If he's not 18 yet, he may not be able to sign an NRL contract yet. I could (very likely) be wrong. But the Australian Schoolboys Captain who's in our system would most definitely get signed as soon as he can. Surely.
Oh yes you could be right, I thought he was 18 this year.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully he’s still on a reggies contract but it’s not looking good. I’d prefer to have kept him over Roumanos if I had a choice.
There was an earlier thread where he was saying his goodbyes on (I think it was) insta

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is the 2020 season the last season where we have backended contracts and players on overs?