News No fracture and injury not career-ending but Foran may need reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate if he doesn't want to retire then he is the only person in this world other than maybe you that thinks he should kick on. The bloke can barely walk now.

There comes a point in teamsports when you must do what is right for the team and not necessarily just yourself. A selfless act. It's not as if he will come out of it financially worse off, he will get his money the big difference is that he is releasing us from the burden that he is/was and always will be. He needs to know that he is stopping us from using that money towards a younger healthier player/s and us becoming competitive again. If he goes on he can get fuked!
I don't know if he can now be medically retired but if he can't be, I would reluctantly accept the club employing him in some coaching role.
If he wants to continue playing, the club must play him in the CCup only, I don't care what money he is been payed, the club has to look to the future and develop players who could be that future, because Foran will CERTAINLY not be.
Does he or anyone else think that he could be offered another contract in the NRL, past 2020.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Come on Kieran. You’ve tried hard to make it work, but it’s time to do the honourable thing and retire. Face reality. Your body isn’t up to it anymore and by being in and out of the team so much you are hindering the progress of this great club.

Do the decent thing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't know if he can now be medically retired but if he can't be, I would reluctantly accept the club employing him in some coaching role.
If he wants to continue playing, the club must play him in the CCup only, I don't care what money he is been payed, the club has to look to the future and develop players who could be that future, because Foran will CERTAINLY not be.
Does he or anyone else think that he could be offered another contract in the NRL, past 2020.
A desperate club would offer him a contract, wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at the Knights. Bloke doesn't want to retire and knows some club is dumb enough to throw a stupid offer his way.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, without Foran we will struggle to score. Both Lewis and Cogger need an experienced partner next to them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He wont be short of a quid he's old man's the boss of walmart maybe he could work there lol
His old man is leaving Walmart and going to Air New Zealand maybe Foz can be a baggage handler at Auckland Airport!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keiran…. Its time to hang the boots up.. Its time Keiran.

FOR FUX SAKE ITS TIME!!!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His old man is leaving Walmart and going to Air New Zealand maybe Foz can be a baggage handler at Auckland Airport!
That’s a pretty big call mate,don’t underestimate how heavy those bags are lol
I think he would struggle with a kids pram coming off a baggage belt

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A desperate club would offer him a contract, wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at the Knights. Bloke doesn't want to retire and knows some club is dumb enough to throw a stupid offer his way.
There isn’t any desperate or stupid clubs these days to see that he is a huge liability
I personally couldn’t see another contract being offered to be honest
Surely our board will look to others after next year

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our clubs Shoulder surgeon is a guy named John Trantalis. He will undergo a latarjet procedure (google it) and will be back to full contact in February next year if they operate early next week.

Banned
Reaction score
Our clubs Shoulder surgeon is a guy named John Trantalis. He will undergo a latarjet procedure (google it) and will be back to full contact in February next year if they operate early next week.
No longer Johnathan Herald?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
When do we find out exactly what is happening?
If he has no intention of retiring I think this will just be left hanging. The club would know for sure that most of the fans want his 1.2 mil free of the cap.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he has re ripped a reconstructed shoulder it could be it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone read the Buzz item in the paper today regarding rorting the medical retirement system. Of course it mentions Canterbury with a sly dig at a medical retirement for Foran.

Also has a dig at Greenberg and his favourite team the rabbits....

Honestly you can't fault Foran for trying it is just now going to be another issue for the club to deal with. No preseason yet again for Foran and the possibility of him missing games for us meaning we cant establish our future pairing in the halves because sure as eggs once he is able to play he will be picked regardless of how we are travelling...Please retire already...

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me sideways! Who picks up the medical bills for all this shit, we could have built Steve Austin by now for cheaper.
When Foran went down I thought great my health insurance is going up again

Status
Not open for further replies.