Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thought United were unlucky today if I'm honest. Definitely had a better attacking edge to what I've seen of lake and Lingard is starting to show his promise.

The purchases of Maquire and especially Wan Bissakka today really have shored up the defence who I think were unlucky to concede against Bournemouth who I don't think get enough credit. That Harry Wilson fella is class, and destined to move to a truly big club. Maybe even United if they're lucky?

Either way. I say patience with Ole as he's definitely got a good team here full of attacking flair and youth. Did I mention that United have some of the best youth players in the league? Future is good let me tell you.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thought United were unlucky today if I'm honest. Definitely had a better attacking edge to what I've seen of lake and Lingard is starting to show his promise.

The purchases of Maquire and especially Wan Bissakka today really have shored up the defence who I think were unlucky to concede against Bournemouth who I don't think get enough credit. That Harry Wilson fella is class, and destined to move to a truly big club. Maybe even United if they're lucky?

Either way. I say patience with Ole as he's definitely got a good team here full of attacking flair and youth. Did I mention that United have some of the best youth players in the league? Future is good let me tell you.
Wilson is on loan from Liverpool.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This team just gets more disappointing by the week, there is no structure or game plan, it’s simply pass the ball out to James and wait for him to do something.

Ole needs to stay in the job and see out this clear out and change of culture but I’d be very very surprised if he manages to win anything as Man Utds manager ever.

It’s very frustrating how he waits so long to make any subs, the change in tempo Lingard, Williams and Greenwood provided yesterday was evident but they had about 10 mins only to create anything, he needs to be making these subs around the 60th minute and giving them time to ease into the game.

I understand that there has been quite a few injuries to key players but that lands back onto Ole and the board as they let go of about 5-6 (?) players and we signed only 3, you need to plan for injuries and we simply didn’t.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You guys suck harder than my pea shooters lol

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really hope Pogba is let go, 2 new midfielders are vital. A deep lying midfielder who can break up play and be press resistant as well as an advanced playmaker are musts. McTominay has shown he can play in that box to box role and he adds a bit of sting to the side.

Hopefully another winger is brought in, I prefer James off the left and I'd love to see us bring in a creative right winger.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really hope Pogba is let go, 2 new midfielders are vital. A deep lying midfielder who can break up play and be press resistant as well as an advanced playmaker are musts. McTominay has shown he can play in that box to box role and he adds a bit of sting to the side.

Hopefully another winger is brought in, I prefer James off the left and I'd love to see us bring in a creative right winger.
Think Pogda should be kept. Pure talent that lad. Great fit at United

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think Pogda should be kept. Pure talent that lad. Great fit at United
His heart isn't with the club, he wants to be in Madrid and it'll just be a waste of an asset if he continues to underperform.

Its similar to Coutinho at Liverpool, he was probably their best player but after selling him they were able to reinvest that money into two top quality players and reach two champions finals off the back of that and even win one.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His heart isn't with the club, he wants to be in Madrid and it'll just be a waste of an asset if he continues to underperform.

Its similar to Coutinho at Liverpool, he was probably their best player but after selling him they were able to reinvest that money into two top quality players and reach two champions finals off the back of that and even win one.
Liverpool have an amazing manager though. Smart. Sorry. Very smart men behind the scenes. Unbelievable support. Not sure if you can compare Man U and Liverpool on this really? See what you're saying but surely they're two different things? Top of table and mid-table?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Liverpool have an amazing manager though. Smart. Sorry. Very smart men behind the scenes. Unbelievable support. Not sure if you can compare Man U and Liverpool on this really? See what you're saying but surely they're two different things? Top of table and mid-table?
They weren't top of the table until they sold Coutinho. Not saying we will replicate what they did but it just goes to show that selling your best player can sometimes be best for the team. There has already been rumours that Pogba is sitting out longer than he needs right now because he doesn't want to be here and risk another injury before he tries to leave again in January. His agent and brothers have been out in the media repeatedly stating that Pogba wants to leave on the asap.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Handy win this morning, allows us breathing space with injuries at the moment
Try n rack up a few points in the Epl

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Handy win this morning, allows us breathing space with injuries at the moment
Try n rack up a few points in the Epl
They should send a team of kids to play against Astana in the next europa game, the travel can only do more harm than good considering we are practically already through to the next round.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And now Mourinho is confirmed at Spurs. Man he is one bloke I can’t hate.