Results are only viewable after voting.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This sounds like the Ben Barba scenario

Has a breakout year and than thinks he is entitled to the biggest salary in the NRL.

This bloke will eventually go off the rails just like Barba did
I don't think Latrell has a missus he beats up on so yeah ... Pretty big disparity there

Lebaneze Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Regardless if he was to come to Belmore or not, and if these stories are true, he has signed his resignation from the Roosters, and they could not give two fucks.

$1m a year, this will be another fick up of epic proportions along with our previous big name signings and re-signings.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coorey can go get fuked...we need a kill and Mitchell is the man....pay him a mill a year on a 6 year deal and be done with it....
George Coorey is the man that crunches the $$$$. The issue is that their are too many parties involved in the negotiations, Latrell at present has no manager & is consulting with a few parties( informally running scenarios by other player managers, Mundine, his family,etc). Our Football Club recruitment & retention committee are just making sure they get this right.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In a few years time most clubs will have at least one player on a mill a year probably more so why the fuck are people whinging, I mean let me guess you wanna sign latrell but only for 500k lmfaoo

Banned
Reaction score
More I read, the less I desire him at our club.
The last thing we need, is a Mundine personality at the club.

Banned
Reaction score
Tell me where it can be better spent?

Are there other internationals on the market that have won 2 grand finals?

Or should we just buy reserve graders from Mounties or the sunshine coast, how is that going for us??
You want a mundine type personality here?
You think we're crucified in the media now?

Lebaneze Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What happened with this Jahsh wanting to play 5/8 to get a million dollar contract?

The Jahsh has gone quiet on that and now has turned his attention to not being treated fairly by the Roosters and the NSW selectors.

Has he had his little bitch after Fitler laying into him and DCE after their pathetic performances yesterday?

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers.... there are several latrell threads in rumours, bulldogs discussion and general lol...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
LATRELL ATTITUDE A PROBLEM FOR ROOSTERS

Not long after the full-time siren in the Sydney Roosters’ grand final win over the Canberra Raiders, Channel 9’s sideline commentator Brad Fittler tried to interview Latrell Mitchell.

He declined, still apparently dirty about his axing from the NSW State of Origin team after the Blues lost the opening game of the series at Suncorp Stadium. Mitchell insists no one has properly explained to him why he was sacked. The stand-off would indicate Mitchell is unlikely to play Origin for NSW while Fittler is coaching.

Either he’ll make himself unavailable or Freddy won’t pick him.

The Roosters star appears to be suffering from an attitude of self-entitlement. A bit like Anthony Mundine in the early days at the Dragons in the ’90s. A siege mentality.

He is not the first player to be dropped from rep football and won’t be the last.

This brashness is a concern for the Sydney Roosters. While in this frame of mind it would be no surprise if the club offered Mitchell an immediate release from the final year of his contract if the Kangaroos centre signs with the Canterbury Bulldogs, like many expect he will.

The Roosters see no point in him hanging around.

Stories have emerged in recent days about his secret meeting at the home of George Coorey, chairman of the Canterbury Leagues Club.

So secret that even Latrell’s manager Wade Rushton was not invited but another agent was. Nor was Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill or coach Dean Pay at the meeting.

Latrell apparently feels unloved at the Roosters.

He doesn’t feel their offer of $800,000-a-year is enough, although it would make him the highest paid centre in the competition. While he threw the pass to set up the matchwinning grand final try, his form last season was probably about a seven out of 10. Average to good most weeks.

The other issue is the prestigious World Club Challenge on February 22.

It again clashes with the Indigenous All Stars. This is a touchy subject. The Roosters fully support and encourage his passion and commitment to indigenous causes.

At the same time they would prefer him to play against St Helens in February because he played the All Stars this year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
His position at the Roosters seems a bit untenable now.

If that offer from the Roosters is true that's more then a fair amount to offer especially for a club that isn't desperate to keep anyone. I'd honestly be surprised if the Roosters did offer that amount because that isn't how they operate. I'm not sure why Latrell would be unhappy because of that offer anyways.

I obviously want Latrell here and if he can come next year that's massive.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like the Ben Barba scenario

Has a breakout year and than thinks he is entitled to the biggest salary in the NRL.

This bloke will eventually go off the rails just like Barba did
What are you a roosters supporter seriously
10x better person than barba u loop

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His position at the Roosters seems a bit untenable now.

If that offer from the Roosters is true that's more then a fair amount to offer especially for a club that isn't desperate to keep anyone. I'd honestly be surprised if the Roosters did offer that amount because that isn't how they operate. I'm not sure why Latrell would be unhappy because of that offer anyways.

I obviously want Latrell here and if he can come next year that's massive.
I wonder if the hold up is the Dogs trying to work out how to pay for him for next yr instead of from 2021?

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think hes as hyped as he should be but think of some of the ***** we've given a million to like mbye this seems like a deadset bargain :tearsofjoy:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder if the hold up is the Dogs trying to work out how to pay for him for next yr instead of from 2021?
We'd at least have to match his current Roosters contract. He'd probably want whatever we have left in the cap as extra tho. I'm not sure how much that is. I don't think we can offer 1m for next year as is tho.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'd at least have to match his current Roosters contract. He'd probably want whatever we have left in the cap as extra tho. I'm not sure how much that is. I don't think we can offer 1m for next year as is tho.
Agree, unless we can medically retire Foz...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We would have 700k at minimum floating about after missing api and Raimen or Herman.

I’m sure 100k third party could be found swiftly for Mitchell in 2020 here.

800k+ minimum is available if he was released immediately and we signed him.

If foz is out with that rep allowance it’s well over 1mil, if he retires it’s pushing 2.

Worst case I’m sure we could find someone keen for montoya or holland or Crichton they are stars

That said I won’t hold My breathe. If we cant seal Raimen or api or Herman I have little faith here until I see it.

Last edited: