News Bulldogs to kick off $3 million spending blitz with retention of key trio

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hang on a minute surely we aren’t signing DWZ, Smith and Hoppa on a million a year deals? Or does that include Jackson and Elliott too?
No we are not stupid. It refers to $3m to upgrade 5 players....still, that averages $600k a year each.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had nothing to do with Polynesian blood, had everything to do with his ability. Please don’t go playing the race card.

And I’d be willing to bet money with you that both play more games of first grade across their careers than Wakeham. Slide into my DMs and we’ll make ourselves a gentleman’s agreement.
Slide .... mmmm ... sexual ... I like it!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Elliott is ok and looks better in a shite team, I do commend his work effort and heart.

Problem is we are trying to lift out of a shite team scenario so we can compete properly again and a bloke of Elliott's abilities doesn't make into a good team.

You know you have a good team when your looking at the names on the bench.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elliott is great off the bench the issue was when pay was starting him

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He goes well of the bench as he sits close to the sidelines something he is familiar with.....running sideways and getting bundled into touch.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can recall maybe half a dozen times Lewis through an inside ball to Tolman in the attacking zone. I feel that was mostly Tolman’s influence but in what world was that going to do anything?
Didn't you know Tolman suffers from the little known overcall for the ball on the 4th tackle disease.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also feel that Jackson will be like James Graham and Andrew Ryan who provided great service but best days were over during their last couple of years.

In relation to Elliot I just don't see he is worth it.

Smith & Watene-Zelezniak yes do it now.

Lewis should share hooker duties with Sione Katoa and JMK sould not have been extended.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You filthy minded little wimp.

Not the first to go absent when I’ve tabled a bet on this forum
I told you to give me ur bsb and account number ya fraud.

Young Wakeham is killing it and the young kid has all the talent.

All he needs is a couple of years in the gym and getting use to the physicality of the weekly NRL grind.

You're wrong, so quietly calm down and dont be a bigger fool than what you are

Banned
Reaction score
I told you to give me ur bsb and account number ya fraud.

Young Wakeham is killing it and the young kid has all the talent.

All he needs is a couple of years in the gym and getting use to the physicality of the weekly NRL grind.

You're wrong, so quietly calm down and dont be a bigger fool than what you are
Bit hard, that's his role here!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Elliot is an absolute favourite amongst the playing group. He is the clown, the joker and the energy of the team. You need players like him to motivate the boys and make them enjoy turning up to training. I bumped into him not long ago at Bondi and he was quite approachable. I don't mind elliott just based on what he stands for and he is not as bad a player as what most on here think he is.
So he is a Steve Reardon?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with all of these suggested signings. Add in Toomaga and RFM

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't you know Tolman suffers from the little known overcall for the ball on the 4th tackle disease.
That’s one of two attacking plays I can recall from the last few years. The other is an uncontested bomb to the winger

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s one of two attacking plays I can recall from the last few years. The other is an uncontested bomb to the winger
We have TWO? Must've been in the pisser when the second one was played ...