News No fracture and injury not career-ending but Foran may need reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs officials say at this stage the shoulder injury to Kieran Foran is not career-ending but the Kiwis international is not out of the woods yet as far as reconstructive surgery is concerned.

The positive signs on Sunday morning, following New Zealand’s 12-8 win over Great Britain at Auckland’s Eden Park, is that X-rays on Foran’s left shoulder were clear – there are no fractures in the joint.

Foran hurt his shoulder early in the match as he went into complete a tackle on Lions forward James Graham.

But the 29-year-old five-eighth will travel back to Sydney and undergo a MRI scan and other tests to determine the damage to tendons, ligaments and other soft tissue.

“We’ve worked really hard with Kieran over the last two years and we’ll continue to work with him and support him,” Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill told NRL.com.

“It won’t be until sometime later this week that we’ll know the full extent of the injury, but we’ll be around Kieran for whatever the next steps to recovery are.”

There are fears he might need a second reconstruction on the joint after he hurt it while at the Parramatta Eels in 2016.

But still, another surgery might not spell the end of his 11-season career at four NRL clubs. He is currently sitting on game No.199.

Kiwis players expressed their sadness at seeing Foran have to undergo more rehabilitation and treatment after he already withstood serious hamstring and syndesmosis injuries in 2019.

“Shattered for him … it was only the sixth minute when he tried to make a tackle and hurt his shoulder bad,” Kiwis prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves told the NZRL website on Sunday.

“But look he’s been through bigger things in his life that he’s overcome. No doubt the type of bloke and character he is, he’ll be back for sure.”

New Zealand head coach Michael Maguire said on Sunday he had faith in Foran’s mental strength to endure more therapy.

“It was unfortunate for Kieran but I know him well and he’ll bounce back bigger and stronger. He is one resilient human being,” Maguire said.

“I’ve seen how professional he is when he’s been in camp with us. So it’s tough as a coach to see a player go through this.

“I’ve had a long relationship with Kieran over a long period of time – he’s had his ups and downs – but he was in really good form and ready to go. So it’s tough for him but he’ll bounce back.”

The Kiwis take on the Lions again this Saturday in Christchurch to complete their two-match series.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/03...eer-ending-but-foran-may-need-reconstruction/

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Fuck me sideways! Who picks up the medical bills for all this shit, we could have built Steve Austin by now for cheaper.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are Buckley’s chance of competing for the title if Foran is in and out of first grade next
Season with injuries again. It’s just to disruptive to team combinations and mentality.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
career ending shoulder injury is in vogue, i think thats what will happen with foran cause he couldnt play for bulldogs again

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
F U C K
O
R
A
N

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Surely he wants to call it quits after another major injury. I admire his braveness but bloke won’t be able to move in a few years

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enough is enough, thanks Kieran but it's time to hang up the boots.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For the players welfare and our club sake I hope he retires. Foran cannot help us, time to wrap him up

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless the MRI shows up something he’s no chance of retiring and it sounds like he will rehab it or get the reconstruction which is the worst outcome for us. He will either miss the first third of the season or play with a dodgy shoulder.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
This is how you treat a contracted player you continue to stick by them. Take note Souths.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This is how you treat a contracted player you continue to stick by them. Take note Souths.
Yeah don't pay them out and make sure they can't walk or play with their kids anymore............

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay needs to grow a set of balls like Wayne Bennett and tell him his time is up.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
This is an opportunity to sign Foran on less money ASAP and for him to feel grateful. I would also add a clause that if he does not play more then 70% in 2020 and every year, he accepts the Club’s choice to medically retire him. And convert his contract to halves coaching - something like that.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
bro that hurts my feelings ay. doesn't deserve the hate, not a good signing in hindsight but c'mon bro lol
Na fuck him, I have no sympathy for him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.