• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign no one then..

Just glorified reserve graders, then your gunna blame pay cause he carnt coach..

He need marquees....what if this and what if that.....what if latrell gets the golden boot playing for the dogs, wins us a grand final and becomes the highest point scored for the bulldogs surpassing el - masri ......

Not worth the risk ...........now ..
Well for someone looking to get a cashed up deal he isn't playing like someone lately that looks worthy of it. That is the concern we are talking about.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben hunt, ash Taylor played like they were worthy for a big contract, they got it ....how they going now
You carnt have it both ways mate

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If true that the board is spilt on latrell, I have this to say, that they focus too much on the negatives , instead of being a positive progressive board..
Other than latrells expensive asking price....name me one better player in our backline?

Therefore if any of our existing players have a winge about latrells salary, maybe management should kindly remind them? How many grand finals have you won? What about origins? Australia? Can you kick goals from 55m out ??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign no one then..

Just glorified reserve graders, then your gunna blame pay cause he carnt coach..

He need marquees....what if this and what if that.....what if latrell gets the golden boot playing for the dogs, wins us a grand final and becomes the highest point scored for the bulldogs surpassing el - masri ......

Not worth the risk ...........now ..
How about signing someone with less risk without the huge price tag? Why do we need marquees? Just so we can say we signed one? A marquee isn’t a centre but that’s just my opinion and paying someone that amount of cash to not play in their best position is insane.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If true that the board is spilt on latrell, I have this to say, that they focus too much on the negatives , instead of being a positive progressive board..
Other than latrells expensive asking price....name me one better player in our backline?

Therefore if any of our existing players have a winge about latrells salary, maybe management should kindly remind them? How many grand finals have you won? What about origins? Australia? Can you kick goals from 55m out ??
It’s a good thing if the board is split it means everyone is getting their opinion across. They will talk it out and come to what they think the best option is.

When you are spending this amount on a player you can’t just focus on the positives....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm off him, simple as that. For his few moments of doing something good to how much he doesn't get involved puts me off with how much money is being talked about.

If he had DWZ attitude and mentality you wouldn't be so worried but it's one thing that I question about Mitchell.
Maybe dwz will rub off on him like he did with our team I actually think how tight our boys are is what will help latrell

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but all the members and supporters that I know are craving for a premiership ...

Marquees win you premierships.

If your happy with signing only solid first grade players...great....let's struggle to make the 8 every year..

We're are the points going to come from?
How about signing someone with less risk without the huge price tag? Why do we need marquees? Just so we can say we signed one? A marquee isn’t a centre but that’s just my opinion and paying someone that amount of cash to not play in their best position is insane.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk it out? ?

Mate they have had 6 months to talk it out....
Seems like we need someone to lead this board....lacking leadership..
How much more time do you need, make a fucking decision
Maybe dwz will rub off on him like he did with our team I actually think how tight our boys are is what will help latrell
It’s a good thing if the board is split it means everyone is getting their opinion across. They will talk it out and come to what they think the best option is.

When you are spending this amount on a player you can’t just focus on the positives....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but all the members and supporters that I know are craving for a premiership ...

Marquees win you premierships.

If your happy with signing only solid first grade players...great....let's struggle to make the 8 every year..

We're are the points going to come from?
Marquee halves and hookers win you premierships not many centres alone do!
How many centres are currently on more the a million a year I wouldn’t think it’s many. We splash that money on Latrell and that means you can’t get a marquee playmaker because it’s already invested.

Sure move Latrell to five eighth or fullback but he’s on his own with the rest of the spine we have. There’s no Tedesco , Cronk or Keary to bail him out.

If you think getting Latrell all of a sudden makes the points flow you’ll be disappointed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talk it out? ?

Mate they have had 6 months to talk it out....
Seems like we need someone to lead this board....lacking leadership..
How much more time do you need, make a fucking decision
Obviously you need Latrell to be talking about a contract with the club and it looks like it’s a shit fight from his end with him not knowing who is manager is. So unless they have a price his end what do you want them to do?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell is not just a centre, he is a world beater , plays many positions and can kick goals from anywhere..

So you saying we cannot afford another marquee signing you have to be kidding right?

You will never sign a marquee hooker anytime soon, there just isn't many of them around, apart from cam Smith, hodgson and cook would not feed the rest of them.

Halfbacks.....apart from cherry Evans, Cleary, Munster, Moses, all signed to long terms deals ....where do you throw the money at?

Fullback.....there's Tedesco and rts and turbo then daylight.....again long term deals signed from what we are hearing ....

Latrells is a must !!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe that for once second .

His dad will make the decision if he hasn't already
Obviously you need Latrell to be talking about a contract with the club and it looks like it’s a shit fight from his end with him not knowing who is manager is. So unless they have a price his end what do you want them to do?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the boards of both football and league's Club step aside and give some young guys a go .......Maybe it's too much for them the workload and the decision making

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really mate

We were told to be patient, with the tough times ..we have been and to wait for 2021 to sign big name players... on fan day forums ...in the media ...be patient bulldog fans ..

Well phuck you !!

Its game on...here we are .Nov 1...and they are now fighting about money and what to pay players...gimme a break ...

We are all waiting with baited breath ...

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I missing something. He has been apart of by far and away the BEST team in NRL history. He could do whatever the fuck he wanted to all come and pick his moments.

I have no doubt that the major selling point from the club will be that he will be the MAIN man just like GI was when he moved to Souths. It will be a complete change of scenery for him.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mitchell aint worth the million dollar price tag, simple as that.

For Mitchell's asking price, you can nab Luke Thompson and Taukeiaho. Obviously the question is would they come to the Dogs.

We have Wakeham who has all the attributes to become a top halve. He needs to start next season, and we need to fuck Foran off. We need to find an experienced halve to play alongside Wakeham and with Forans 1.2m we can find that halve and have money for a good centre or another back up dummy half (though we seem well covered at hooker with JMK and Katoa)

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen (off contract 2020)
2. DWZ
3. Wighton (off contract 2020)
4. Hopoate
5. R. Smith
6. Wakeham
7. Chad Townsend (off contract 2020)
8. Napa
9. JMK
10. Taukeiaho (off contract 2020)
11. CHN
12. David Fifita (off contract 2020)
13. Jackson

14. Luke Thompson
15. To'omaga
16. Stimson
17. Harry Grant (off contract 2020)

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitchell aint worth the million dollar price tag, simple as that.

For Mitchell's asking price, you can nab Luke Thompson and Taukeiaho. Obviously the question is would they come to the Dogs.

...)
So Thompson and TKO would come here for $500k-$600k ish a piece. Yup, sure thing.

Only chance that would happen is if we had someone who could win games for us.

Like a marquee player...

like maybe LATRELL

Which other marquee player is available and appears willing to leave their club?

We need a strike centre, what other strike centres are available and willing to leave their club?

Latrell is the start of our 2021 team upgrade

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he got his ass handed to him, and (once again) showed his mental fragility under adversity. No thanks to Mitchell!
That might be the case but if he had already re-signed with the rorters then there would have been media silence.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why shouldn't they?

The bloke thinks he is worth $1m+ and after shit games in Origin and the Test, you expect them to fall on their knees and suck his dick?
Only if Uncle Nick asks them to do that!