Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At least Burgess has the sense to put his health and the club first

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Might just mean that the younger halves - cogger wakeham lewis and averillo - will get more opportunities and fast track their careers and will hopefully ensure the club doesn't re sign Foran.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see him hang around at the club if he does have to retire and become part of the coaching staff. He's got a very smart football brain and if he can pass this on to the young halves it would be very beneficial moving forward.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It really is time for Kieran to put his long term health 1st. The injuries are not a fluke, not an accident, his body is shot, he's done. Nobody could deny him a medical retirement.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mate, that is a ridiculous assessment. Why even play if you are going to be in constant fear of being injured? Foran gets injured and he comes back out full intensity, nothing less.

People seem to forget that Foran is a massive influence on our young halves, and the fact is that when he does play, we win. I don't think he will get a medical retirement for this because he has had this issue before.

A lot of people on here are too harsh on Foran. They need to take the situation from Foran's perspective as well... he really cares about what he does. I don't believe Foran playing for NZ was being selfish... no point in being scared about being injured, you won't get anywhere if you are in constant fear.
Most times I would agree with you BUT IF Foran comes out with his usual I won't quit and I have 3 good seasons ahead of me BS then he CAN get fuked. Under the circumstances and all info taken into account that would make him selfish if he tries to play on. Every man and his dog know's how fuked we have been with the Cap for years and if he keeps going then he's a ****!

He will get paid no matter what and the best thing he can do for our club is to go away and get off the books. If he doesn't know that then the guy has issues. I stupidly supported him coming over against what everyone was saying but he proved me wrong and them right. Good bloke and all but this is footy and it's also business. 3.6 million dollars for like maybe 40 games is BS!

As for him being selfish playing Rep last night. Clearly the club supported his decision so it was up to him. He had to know it was a gamble playing, I don't begrudge him for it but he came up snake eyes on his gamble and as it turns out yet again he has hurt the club. How many times is it called bad luck before it become bad choices?

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Might just mean that the younger halves - cogger wakeham lewis and averillo - will get more opportunities and fast track their careers and will hopefully ensure the club doesn't re sign Foran.
Re-signing Foran can’t even be a option we have to cut bait as soon as we can now.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do we get any compensation as it happened in a rep match?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Hasler curse strikes again

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we get any compensation as it happened in a rep match?
We get $350k to spend on a new player and have 31 in the squad but that’s only if the injury is more then 12 weeks or more.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We get $350k to spend on a new player and have 31 in the squad but that’s only if the injury is more then 12 weeks or more.
Time to give the medical staff an extended summer break!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Far less injury prone players have retired early.

He is selfish if he tries to play on in 2020 at our club.

He has now become a total liability.

If he thinks he is still a world class half and desperately wants to play, let him resign from the Dogs, trust his ability and worth, and go on the open market.

Then we will see how professional and enthusiastic he is to play on.

I think we all know the answer...keep "using" the club who have paid overs, supported him best with his many old injuries sustained at other clubs.

We know Dib and Hasler dudded us but Foz is WELL AHEAD ALREADY of any offer he would have got from another club. He should be happy with that.

Absolutely NO ethics if he milks this any longer.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I bet Burgess and Gillettes salaries will be removed from the cap and they will find some reason not to do the same with Foran, if he does call it quits.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I bet Burgess and Gillettes salaries will be removed from the cap and they will find some reason not to do the same with Foran, if he does call it quits.
The Burgess one will be interesting to watch. He, like Foran had a pre-existing (same) injury from 2017/18 I think before signing a new contract with Souths. Very similar circumstances to Foran so I will be watching the NRL stance on this one. This is of course if Foran decides to do the right thing and fuk off that is.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Football is a sport a way of life an income
Foran is a man stuck in what sometimes seems to be a vicious situation,
a very talented young sportsman who lives and breaths football, can not blame him for wanting to play, or for Hitlers $1.2 ml a season donation, any of us would welcome that kind of contract in the hope the hard work will eventually bring the fitness and the great form back.
Now Foran has some serious questions to answer
Can he truly get fit enough to play again ?
Is it time to be honest and say enough is enough ?
Is it fair the club and supporters continue to suffer the consequences of his friend's diabolic mismanagement ?
We all believe there are two solutions
Option 1. The NRL should be fair and responsible by medically retire him.
Option 2. Foran should recognise the burden he has become and retire himself, in return the club could employ him in some coaching capacity.
Then and only then we can all move on to a better environment !

Last edited:

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get him to retire and get him off the cap so we can go spending for next year