Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They're already working on him with Freddie singling him out for criticism after the Tonga match.
Because he got his ass handed to him, and (once again) showed his mental fragility under adversity. No thanks to Mitchell!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he got his ass handed to him, and (once again) showed his mental fragility under adversity. No thanks to Mitchell!
In his defence, he wasn’t Robinson Crusoe last night. DCE and Munster for example, after that game the argument could be made they aren’t worth $1m+ either.

Not many 22yo kids have that mental strength.

Anyway, what other strike centres that can win games are there on the market atm?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In his defence, he wasn’t Robinson Crusoe last night. DCE and Munster for example, after that game the argument could be made they aren’t worth $1m+ either.

Anyway, what other strike centres that can win games are there on the market atm?
To ducking right.

Dce is a fraud if and always has been shit in any big games.

Also agree Munster had a shocker.

Hell even tedesco had some bad moments.

Think cotric was pretty bad too.

Latrell wasn’t great.

Though really it wasn’t him.

Australia’s pack didn’t match up.

Klemmer, cordner, papali, Graham, frizzell even didn’t go anywhere.

Haas and Vaughan player well in there stints.

Taumalolo, tko, afb where fucking amazing.

It’s a sad thing to say though lolohea was better then any aus half. Never would of lost if jt or cronk was there not dce.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
To ducking right.

Dce is a fraud if and always has been shit in any big games.

Also agree Munster had a shocker.

Hell even tedesco had some bad moments.

Think cotric was pretty bad too.

Latrell wasn’t great.

Though really it wasn’t him.

Australia’s pack didn’t match up.

Klemmer, cordner, papali, Graham, frizzell even didn’t go anywhere.

Haas and Vaughan player well in there stints.

Taumalolo, tko, afb where fucking amazing.

It’s a sad thing to say though lolohea was better then any aus half. Never would of lost if jt or cronk was there not dce.
Yeah very sad when we admit Lolohea was the best half in that game :grinning:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The noise out of the Roosters is that Latrell Mitchell is at very long odds to remain at the club.
I think Parramatta & Souths are favourites at this stage particularly with the latter having a war chest if the NRL rule in their favour re Burgess.
I’d prefer Latrell at the Bulldogs.
You can keep him for the money that’s been thrown around
Cheers

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Just hate the way he brings the ball out of his own end. Just not determined enough for mine. Plays the ball, pulls down his jumper, turns his back to the play and saunters back along the line into position.

He is a wonderful player when on but lately is not putting in 100% and never consistently has. For a million bucks, and with our roster, he will be our main man.

He won't consistently deliver to the extent we desperately need and I fear will soon become public enemy No.1 on TK and with fans. He doesn't have the fortitude or leadership abilities to be the number 1 player in any team and It will probably end ugly.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm off him, simple as that. For his few moments of doing something good to how much he doesn't get involved puts me off with how much money is being talked about.

If he had DWZ attitude and mentality you wouldn't be so worried but it's one thing that I question about Mitchell.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm off him, simple as that. For his few moments of doing something good to how much he doesn't get involved puts me off with how much money is being talked about.

If he had DWZ attitude and mentality you wouldn't be so worried but it's one thing that I question about Mitchell.
The other factor is how his laid back attitude and million bucks plays out with team mates.

Seeing him amble up to the defence, lose the ball near our line with a dumb not on pass could cause trouble.

On the other hand, he can win you the game next minute.

Bulldogs always been a tough, no compromise team. I just can't see him as a good fit from what we've seen of him in his career so far.

Bulldogs would be (too) hard work for Latrell.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other factor is how his laid back attitude and million bucks plays out with team mates.

Seeing him amble up to the defence, lose the ball near our line with a dumb not on pass could cause trouble.

On the other hand, he can win you the game next minute.

Bulldogs always been a tough, no compromise team. I just can't see him as a good fit from what we've seen of him in his career so far.

Bulldogs would be (too) hard work for Latrell.
How much has being surrounded by rep players the Roosters system wall papered over the cracks for Latrell as well?

If he comes he will be the one expected to cover for other players short comings and I just don't know if he has that in him.

When the going gets tough what will he do? I suspect he would turn to water.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant pay 1 million a year for a centre / winger. Massive overs. At best he is 600k

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much has being surrounded by rep players the Roosters system wall papered over the cracks for Latrell as well?

If he comes he will be the one expected to cover for other players short comings and I just don't know if he has that in him.

When the going gets tough what will he do? I suspect he would turn to water.
Talent aside, I don't think he will handle having to be top dog in the team. The kid has talent and potential, that's undeniable but it's his attitude and mentality that bothers me. Having all that talent when their head isn't in the game will mean nothing.

Paying 1mil for what he may potentially bring to the team is always going to be a big risk by the club. Could be a world beater, but also could become lost in it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talent aside, I don't think he will handle having to be top dog in the team. The kid has talent and potential, that's undeniable but it's his attitude and mentality that bothers me. Having all that talent when their head isn't in the game will mean nothing.

Paying 1mil for what he may potentially bring to the team is always going to be a big risk by the club. Could be a world beater, but also could become lost in it.
Completely agree for the money you are going to be paying him you don't want to have question marks about his attitude and mentality.

Another thing is Pay has noted problems with communication and Latrell seems to be the type of player that needs smoke blown up his ass. You can already see a personalty clash waiting to happen.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Completely agree for the money you are going to be paying him you don't want to have question marks about his attitude and mentality.

Another thing is Pay has noted problems with communication and Latrell seems to be the type of player that needs smoke blown up his ass. You can already see a personalty clash waiting to happen.
That's why I have always been sceptical about him. I was always more inclined to go after Manu but unfortunately he is no longer available.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign no one then..

Just glorified reserve graders, then your gunna blame pay cause he carnt coach..

He need marquees....what if this and what if that.....what if latrell gets the golden boot playing for the dogs, wins us a grand final and becomes the highest point scored for the bulldogs surpassing el - masri ......

Not worth the risk ...........now ..

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me where it can be better spent?

Are there other internationals on the market that have won 2 grand finals?

Or should we just buy reserve graders from Mounties or the sunshine coast, how is that going for us??

Good, money could be spent better elsewhere.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or wait 5 or 6 years at best to produce our own internationals from our investment on the north coast ???