News 6 MINS IN AND FOZ IS ALREADY INJURED

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couple of days, gee he hasn't even peaked for us yet, one off awkward landing.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Every other club can medically retire players... yet we have this **** held together with chewing gum and blu-tac who can’t string together 2 games without having some body part falling off and we can’t retire him on medical grounds??

If he was a race horse or a greyhound you’d have the RSPCA banging on your front door for animal cruelty

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's crazy really. There is so much hype and concern about the long term effects of playing the game and possible legal liability being taken against the League. And yet the League by refusing to medically retire him, they force this character to continue playing with a body so broken. The club needs to be very cautious. Or some ambulance chasing law firm will be in his ear to sue the club for not exercising their duty of care when in circumstances where, from his history, it knows his body is brittle, the club continued to play him, and thereby causing him permanent damage. Good-bye any team money for years to come.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Time to blood wakeham everyone that bangs on hes not ready this is rubbish he’s performed brilliantly in both tests hes played yet people still try to play it down fmd him and lewis with cogger as backup yes i know lewis aint perfect but we need his amazing defence and would be a perfect foil for wakeham ,have jmk at 9 rotating with katoa these are young guys on the up and our future

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Every other club can medically retire players... yet we have this **** held together with chewing gum and blu-tac who can’t string together 2 games without having some body part falling off and we can’t retire him on medical grounds??

If he was a race horse or a greyhound you’d have the RSPCA banging on your front door for animal cruelty
I think the difference is that the player has to WANT to be medically retired. If Foran is keen to play on then that's the end of the story I guess.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's crazy really. There is so much hype and concern about the long term effects of playing the game and possible legal liability being taken against the League. And yet the League by refusing to medically retire him, they force this character to continue playing with a body so broken. The club needs to be very cautious. Or some ambulance chasing law firm will be in his ear to sue the club for not exercising their duty of care when in circumstances where, from his history, it knows his body is brittle, the club continued to play him, and thereby causing him permanent damage. Good-bye any team money for years to come.
Yeah that's what I don't get about this pre-existing and new injury shite. To me if anyone is that injured or has accumulated that many injuries that they can barely walk let alone function on a footy field then what difference does it make. Clearly the game has destroyed the persons health to the point that they are completely broken. As you said duty of care, however how fukin dumb is Kieran by ignoring all of this. He needs to show duty of care to himself too. Was beyond a joke like 3 injuries ago with this guy and now it's just taking the piss. If he comes out yet again with the whole, "I will be back" stuff I will vomit and get angry!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly ... love the guy and his effort as I really think his heart has been into the Dogs all the time.

But the fact he put himself into contention for the NZ team after his injury plagued year, injury plagued career. Just when things were turning around for him, why put yourself up for a meaningless game in bum-fuck-Idaho?

From my side I always say Bulldogs first ... fuck absolutely anything else ... and in Foran's case he really should've taken the smarter decision NOT to overload his body more and risk another injury.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Honestly ... love the guy and his effort as I really think his heart has been into the Dogs all the time.

But the fact he put himself into contention for the NZ team after his injury plagued year, injury plagued career. Just when things were turning around for him, why put yourself up for a meaningless game in bum-fuck-Idaho?

From my side I always say Bulldogs first ... fuck absolutely anything else ... and in Foran's case he really should've taken the smarter decision NOT to overload his body more and risk another injury.
Agree. But as others have said...just a matter of time till he was busted again so in the team's interest, best to be moving on now when pre-season is just starting, rather than all the disruption he has caused for the past 2 years. Just play the guy in reserves for 2020 with him covering for FG (if available that is).

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Sam Burgess, it's time for Foran to think of the club and retire himself.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I don't get about this pre-existing and new injury shite. To me if anyone is that injured or has accumulated that many injuries that they can barely walk let alone function on a footy field then what difference does it make. Clearly the game has destroyed the persons health to the point that they are completely broken. As you said duty of care, however how fukin dumb is Kieran by ignoring all of this. He needs to show duty of care to himself too. Was beyond a joke like 3 injuries ago with this guy and now it's just taking the piss. If he comes out yet again with the whole, "I will be back" stuff I will vomit and get angry!
100%. Its a stupid rule and should be changed. It makes no sense to financially hamstring a club because a highly paid player can't perform any more. People can rant about the Sam Burgess thing being a rort...but its the exact same situation. Both Foran and Burgess (when 100% fit) are world class players you simply can't replace overnight. Its a real shame about Kieran because he was just starting to get back to his best form. Unfortunately someone needs to tap him on the shoulder (excuse the pun) because he's done.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
So was it just a dislocated shoulder or was it something serious

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrel is a good player not a great player yet,he was very ordinary again last night for Australia,against Tonga,not a million dollar player

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible this injury was all staged by both he, the club and the Kiwis to successfully push for a medical retirement?

A man can dream.
Was thinking the same thing

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The time for quality signings is NOW

If the roster doesn't improve with rep caliber players we are going to have another season of grinding out some wins here and there.
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. We are trying to recuit big names but its proving difficult. Not that many quality halves around atm, let alone trying to get 1 not off contract in 2021. We have Cogger, Lewis, Wakeham. Id rather them than waste big money on a 'would be half' like Hunt, Milford etc.

What do you guys think of helping Cronulla out of their cap woes by taking up Johnson or Moylan to cover Foz?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. We are trying to recuit big names but its proving difficult. Not that many quality halves around atm, let alone trying to get 1 not off contract in 2021. We have Cogger, Lewis, Wakeham. Id rather them than waste big money on a 'would be half' like Hunt, Milford etc.

What do you guys think of helping Cronulla out of their cap woes by taking up Johnson or Moylan to cover Foz?
Johnson and Moylan are both too inconsistent and for the money they both are on I'd say pass.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pre existing injury i cant see the insurer paying him out but surely its over and out for foz we will probably get the max nrl $350k payout thats something i guess