Opinion Call for Calm re: Wakeham (Caution: unpopular opinion)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wed better re sign him before his mate kikau tells Penrith to go for him

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep blowing loads over Wakeham. The future is Cogger.

End of.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakemans overrated nowhere near clogger ,what’s all this bullshit hype?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's his attitude then he can fuck off. The club is already fast tracking him through the grades and wants to cry over positions! Harden up and prove yourself.
Disagree mate, talent is hard to come by and the club needs to secure talent early when spotted.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A friend of mine who is friends with Jamie feeney told me that cogger was marked as player of future . The NSW under 18s and 20’s team was picked for him to flourish. Newcastle lost something and we have a gem and we saw glimpses this year. Wakeham and cogger are our future halves and Lewis will go to lock .
I'd have Lewis at lock over Elliott

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This fixture is a very ordinary form guide. Aaron Groom carved up the Samoans a few years ago.

I can also report with authority that half the Samoans were out on the drink in Auckland last night
I'm glad someone has written this
Can't get a take on his potential against a very underperforming Samoan side
Week in week out NRL is a different beast

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad someone has written this
Can't get a take on his potential against a very underperforming Samoan side
Week in week out NRL is a different beast
Correct. And a consistently underperforming Samoa side at that. They’ve won 1 game out of 8 since 2016.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t see the international but based on his two first grade appearances he has ability to be a Ewen McGrady type of player for the Dogs if given a fair shot in first grade in 2020 and if not we will at least we know before 2021 season. Off season hitting the tackling bag will help.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Correct. And a consistently underperforming Samoa side at that. They’ve won 1 game out of 8 since 2016.
Why do you have such a hard on for Wakeham?

Very few people, if any, are carrying on like he's the finished article and know that he's a prospect, but a skillful and talented one at that. Of course he has things to improve on but so do Cogger and Lewis!

Lewis and Cogger will likely start knowing Pay but if either struggles after a few games, and especially if we can't score because Lewis is still useless in attack, then Wakeham should be given another chance.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember what game it was... But a try he set up was excellent, Wakeham was off balance and any shit half would have hit the first support player... he sold the dummy and hit the support out the back. Right then you could tell he had wonderful vision and was very Sherwin like.

Post Foran I want our halves to be
6. Wakeham
7. Cogger
If Lewis can learn to stay composed and pass properly I may change my tune
Only problem paying Wakeham and Cogger together is I think they'll leak points in defense. Both small so opposition teams would run at them all day