News 6 MINS IN AND FOZ IS ALREADY INJURED

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok if it is career ending yes, but there has to be a lot of medical treatment to confirm the player cannot recover from the injury to be match fit.

Yes you are correct QBE has rejected claims for medical retirement based on pre-existing degenerative injury.

I guess my point is the insurance underwriter will not agree to a medical retirement until all medical treatment including rehab.
So we need him to see the light and retire early? That way we get a mil (or more?) back for 2020. Maybe the club can offer him a decent paying job to help the transition

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay should grow a set of balls and either:

A - sign a halfback

B - give Cogger or Wakeham a run to build for the future.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DIB, DES & RAELENE ROYALLY FUCKED US, THEIR BIG MONEY DUD RECRUITMENT DECISIONS ARE STILL EFFECTING US YEARS LATER

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bloke could have a missing leg and still try to take the field. Love Foz but its time to move on.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah it’s very early days once the injury gets diagnosed we will know more. Are you talking about the rep injury compensation with more then 12 weeks? They only pay a maximum of $350k for that so we are going to be left massively out of pocket with that.
Ahh ok. I thought more than 12 weeks we could apply to say it’s season ending, not play him and would be able to register a 31st player. 350k would be better then if it happened in a trial or round 1 I guess though

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont doubt his intent to do the right thing by the dogs. But hes a scary prospect in such a key position whatever hes being paid. He could be missing for the early rounds of next year now.

I dont think him playing the rep game was at fault, he could have just as easily gotten the same injury playing for us early next year. There was nothing special about the tackle that caused it.

Dont like the idea of Latrell at half IF he did come to us. What a waste. Roosters tried that, most of their losses were when he was in the halves. I think hes a great centre.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran to backs coach. Sign Cody Walker and Latrell Mitchell. Would be good to have them two running off each other

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont doubt his intent to do the right thing by the dogs. But hes a scary prospect in such a key position whatever hes being paid. He could be missing for the early rounds of next year now.

I dont think him playing the rep game was at fault, he could have just as easily gotten the same injury playing for us early next year. There was nothing special about the tackle that caused it.

Dont like the idea of Latrell at half IF he did come to us. What a waste. Roosters tried that, most of their losses were when he was in the halves. I think hes a great centre.
Did he play with Cronk or even Keary beside him when he played Five-Eighth? His organising skills and game management probably his worst areas at Five-Eighth.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

NO FACTS in your comment because of the 7 losses that the Roosters had, Latrell played 5/8 in only two of those seven games.

Here is the result from the games Latrell did play 5/8;

ROUND 2 Roosters 26 def Manly 18
ROUND 3 Roosters 32 def Parramatta 18
ROUND 11 Knights 38 def Roostes 12
ROUND 15 Storm 14 def Roosters 12

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol I still can't believe he didn't even last 5 minutes. Selfish ****.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LM is a freak athlete but is he the answer...? Brilliant centre when he is on, a liability when he isn't.. So let's go mad and pay $1m a year for a natural athletic talent with a questionable mind set to apparently play Fullback, 5/8 and Centre..? Sounds silly to me..

Foz is fucked physically, simple as that, so I am sure our leadership will follow Soufs and the Broncos and retire him medically.

We have DWZ, Hoppa and Smith as the base of our back 5 and Cogger Wakeman, Lewis and Averillo for the 2 haves spots.

We have plenty of forwards that can do the job and a couple of hooker options now.

Personally I think we go all out for a Munster/Ponga or someone with real X factor.

Mitchell has X factor in spades but he also has focus issues and sometimes reminds me of Nick Kyrious. Unbelievable talent with too many loose wires.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The time for quality signings is NOW

If the roster doesn't improve with rep caliber players we are going to have another season of grinding out some wins here and there.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this will sway the dumb c..t board to spend an extra 100K and sign Mitchell for his asking price of a MIL a season and then we can hope the Roosters let him out of his contract early. Surely if Mitchell signs on with us for 2021 there's a good chance the Chooks will want to move on ASAP and use his money for others who will remain at the club

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing hardball so far in recruitment has cost us, ramien, api and esse esse..

Granted....but geez latrell is a special player need to show special consideration on this one, no hard ball, you don't want to start off on the wrong foot with him, he can deliver premierships to us ....so if true another 100k, it's not George's money or the boards money, it's the members and we want premierships...so give him the money, we need to start somewhere
Maybe this will sway the dumb c..t board to spend an extra 100K and sign Mitchell for his asking price of a MIL a season and then we can hope the Roosters let him out of his contract early. Surely if Mitchell signs on with us for 2021 there's a good chance the Chooks will want to move on ASAP and use his money for others who will remain at the club

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible this injury was all staged by both he, the club and the Kiwis to successfully push for a medical retirement?

A man can dream.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Time to hang up the boots Kieran.

Mitchell can fuck off to Parra or stay at the Roosters. The **** is hungry for cash only and couldn't give two fucks about more success

Throw some coin at Sam Verrells and Keary. As they say contracts aren't worth squat these days