Opinion Call for Calm re: Wakeham (Caution: unpopular opinion)

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've only seen him play the few games at centre in reserves and he slotted in easy and looked very impressive. I'd seriously consider throwing him in there at NRL level this season just to get him into the NRL side and get the experience and then look at transitioning him back into the halves.

Either way both him and Wakeham bring exactly what we're lacking in our squad, a genuine ball runner with pace and footwork and a genuine half that can ball play. We can't piss around with the likes of Lewis and Cogger if they're not making progress next season because we have these blokes with genuine raw ability that we need and they need to be given the opportunity.
Jake Averillo is off contract at the end of next year.
Here's hoping we extend his contract asap.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well with forans injury today and uncertain recovery time, we could see Wakeham possibly sooner in the rotation then latter.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely now the club will abandon any thought of re-signing Foran
You'd hope so. A dead set liability with injuries and needing a bench half sitting there in case he gets injured.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jake Averillo is off contract at the end of next year.
Here's hoping we extend his contract asap.
You would hope the club is into it already, wouldn't be surprised if he delayed it though as he probably has a few options available.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would hope the club is into it already, wouldn't be surprised if he delayed it though as he probably has a few options available.
Was told by someone close to him that he has considered/is considering leaving cos we have too many halves. Doesn't want to continue as a centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Was told by someone close to him that he has considered/is considering leaving cos we have too many halves. Doesn't want to continue as a centre.
Wouldn't be suprised by that, still think starting the year at centre would be good for both him and us instead of just leaving him in reserves. But really none of our halves options are anywhere near a sure thing, Lewis shouldn't even be re-signed, Cogger is meh but showed some improvement while Wakeham defenitely looks the most promising but has struggled with the physical side of the game. The opportunity is defenitely there if the club gives him a fair go.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If that's his attitude then he can fuck off. The club is already fast tracking him through the grades and wants to cry over positions! Harden up and prove yourself.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've only seen him play the few games at centre in reserves and he slotted in easy and looked very impressive. I'd seriously consider throwing him in there at NRL level this season just to get him into the NRL side and get the experience and then look at transitioning him back into the halves.

Either way both him and Wakeham bring exactly what we're lacking in our squad, a genuine ball runner with pace and footwork and a genuine half that can ball play. We can't piss around with the likes of Lewis and Cogger if they're not making progress next season because we have these blokes with genuine raw ability that we need and they need to be given the opportunity.
Yeah we definitely need to give them game time, we won’t be challenging for the title next season but with giving time to these 2 and guys like Renouf, I think we can definitely be a challenger for 2021.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham is our future he is just a gun and dean needs to pick him

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wakeham is our future he is just a gun and dean needs to pick him
Offers composure, eyes up footy, takes the right options, ok kicks and organisational skills. Knows how to bring his forwards through with selective passes. 100% attacking improvement if we play him.

Lets see what Pay is made of. His future rests heavily on picking the best players that can offer more than average.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham has potential. But right now cogger has more experience.. however be good to see wakeham keep developing an see what happens.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have always thought Cogger was a temporary signing. Helps us whilst Wakeham and Averillo were/are learning in reggies, plus fill in for Foz.

I just can’t see Cogger getting us a premiership. Whether it be Wakeham/Lewis or Wakeham/Averillo I’m not sure...