• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
HOLYYYY FUCK.. how good was that and so effortless
Looks like there’s no wind either. That field goal he kicked against Melbourne was the same it was about 35m out and it was still going up as it went through the sticks!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like there’s no wind either. That field goal he kicked against Melbourne was the same it was about 35m out and it was still going up as it went through the sticks!
Bro have you seen the bombs he puts up? they bring rain down with them LOL and his all-round ability and the purchase he gets kicking downfield are better then we've had for the last 15 years.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Latrell kicking for touch when we are awarded penalties we'd be guaranteed to find more than the 6m average we currently get LOL

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha. Even worse! So 900k or $1 million for Latrell isn't bad considering then is it? Unless they rate Napa higher than Latrell which wouldn't surprise me.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha. Even worse! So 900k or $1 million for Latrell isn't bad considering then is it? Unless they rate Napa higher than Latrell which wouldn't surprise me.
Napa's a living example of paying overs to attract talent - no one wants to do it but you just have to in our situation. I like Napa as a bench player (if he was on a smaller contract) but nothing more. We're going to have more Napa panic signings if we take too long to sort our signings out... some of the top talent is already starting to get locked up.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok let's put a bit of perspective on all this

* there may be some truth to this article or there may not be, however, this type of stuff is classic from league "journalists", bait everyone for some reaction

* spine players have always been the most influential players in our game, but there have been exceptions and there always will be eg. sam burgess, andrew fifita, radrada and in earlier times, beetson, raper, coote, meninga, reg gasnier, ettinghausen etc. Obviously great players in other than spine positions need above average team mates, mitchell has that at rorters, would he have that here, maybe not yet and that's a job for the coaching/recruiting staff.

* as for the tk arguing about salary offers to mitchell, wasted words as the club decision makers won't take any notice.

* my opinion on all this is that, if we sign him, we would have one of the very elite players in the game, regardless of position he plays. In turn our club would be more attractive for other top grade players over his time at our club.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U make some good comments,on Corey,and back ended deals how can we ever forget,but there one thing Adam Elliot,has that Mitchell will never have,and that is a passion for our club,he may not be in the same league as Mitchell,but give a 30 player list with the same passion and determination,and I would be very happy,
Yes I agree Elliott is a good clubman. He's a bit of a joker and you always need one of them around to make a workplace enjoyable rather than boring but it's just ludicrous that we'd rather keep any average player for what say 300K or more a season like him when we're already stacked for backrowers (with Stimson now also) and we argue over a hundred grand or so overs that could keep us from improving the try scoring ability of our team "considerably". Maybe Elliott can become an assistant coach off the cap ?
There's already reports the Eels are going to make a big offer of up to 1.1M a season for 10 years plus the Dragons and Tigers have millions now up their sleeve. They would all be reading all this crap about the arguing among our board / management. It's only going to encourage them to steal Mitchell from under our noses last minute

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just chill out a bit and don’t take every article so seriously. It’s all about getting the player at the best price and why would they give the highest offer first? I doubt they have the money figures right anyway. When the board is voted for it’s impossible to sack them anyway.
There's an election early next year. Last board got dumped for their mistakes.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe,this guy is worth a million,he's negotiating with us to boost his asking rate,bj leilua,at $550,I think a better option,and he's older and wiser and unlikely to go walkabout in the back of Burke,like he's been known to.
Are you serious ??????????????? You'd rather Leilua who is overweight and can't defend. Look at his mistakes in the Grand Final FFS. Look at his soft performance in the 9s. He's also got a major neck problem and he's already pushing 30. Do you want the Dogs to seriously challenge for a comp anytime in the next 5 or 10 years or are you happy with just making the 8 or worse ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's an election early next year. Last board got dumped for their mistakes.
It’s a massive stretch putting the problems the club had in 2018 at the same level as not signing Latrell.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No centre is worth $1 million a season. I'd offer him 800k a season max.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No centre is worth $1 million a season. I'd offer him 800k a season max.
Latrell is the best Centre in the game and worth 700k. Do you seriously think an extra 150k is going to be enough for Latrell to leave the best team in the competition? I personally think to attract a marquee player we're looking at an extra 200-300k and in Latrell's case more towards the 300k.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Latrell is the best Centre in the game and worth 700k. Do you seriously think an extra 150k is going to be enough for Latrell to leave the best team in the competition? It doesn't work like that.
Then don't sign him. You don't win comps by overpaying players. The Roosters aren't willing to give him a million a season because they know it's not how they continue to be great.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Then don't sign him. You don't win comps by overpaying players. The Roosters aren't willing to give him a million a season because they know it's not how they continue to be great.
We're not going to sign players then. Simple. We're not a successful club at the moment. We can't recruit like the Roosters...

You're 100% right about the Roosters. They aren't even offering him his value - 50k under imo. That's the reason why they have a stacked roster. Not because they cheat the salary cap. Until they make a mistake with who they recruit and a lot of their players are out of form they're always going to be dominant.

We're in a difficult situation atm and it's going to be a long process to get to that level and it isn't guaranteed.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Funny that. The pass to win the GF was up there with Benji's.
One has gone down in NRL lore, the other overshadowed by controversial reffing.
Sign him the fuck up.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell is the best Centre in the game and worth 700k. Do you seriously think an extra 150k is going to be enough for Latrell to leave the best team in the competition? I personally think to attract a marquee player we're looking at an extra 200-300k and in Latrell's case more towards the 300k.
100%. I hate the idea of paying him so much in overs, but we aren’t just signing a centre. We are signing a marquee player, someone that other players will want to play along side. It will help attract other quality players, possibly a bit cheaper than they would otherwise be. This compensates for Latrells overs.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No one wlll give a shit how much we are paying him, if he helps us bring a premiership. The salary will be quickly forgotten.