Opinion Call for Calm re: Wakeham (Caution: unpopular opinion)

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This fixture is a very ordinary form guide. Aaron Groom carved up the Samoans a few years ago.

I can also report with authority that half the Samoans were out on the drink in Auckland last night
You’re just like that speedy2468 fella on here, no fuckn idea. You both just push your bullshit agenda. He is highly rated at the club and has been earmarked for years to be our half. Pay picking him as Hooker is just him having no idea, which you can relate to.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You’re just like that speedy2468 fella on here, no fuckn idea. You both just push your bullshit agenda. He is highly rated at the club and has been earmarked for years to be our half. Pay picking him as Hooker is just him having no idea, which you can relate to.
Pay picked him at Hooker because JMK was injured and Lichaa was being moved out of the club (I also think Lewis was injured). The reason why Wakeham isn't playing in the Halves is that he isn't ready and is behind Lewis and Cogger. There's still a lot Wakeham has to do to get infront of them. It isn't because Pay has no idea. Wakeham isn't a bad player but he shouldn't be labelled as our saviour...

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of when Joey kept getting picked at hooker for Australia cos Kimmorley was only good enough to play one position (ie half).

Well that’s THREE money balls to Kikau. At least he has one thing over our other young halves...knowing who to pass to in attack

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reminds me of when Joey kept getting picked at hooker for Australia cos Kimmorley was only good enough to play one position (ie half).

Well that’s THREE money balls to Kikau. At least he has one thing over our other young halves...knowing who to pass to in attack
His skillset is far superior and you can see he is a genuine ballplayer. For him it's simply a matter of handling the physical nature of NRL level footy and getting experience.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wakeham over Cogger for me.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

CHN would love to be on the end of those Wakeham passes. Pay needs to let Wakeham run the show. The guy is class. Anyone who can't see how mature and ready he is to be our No.7 will be lamenting when another coach grabs him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
CHN would love to be on the end of those Wakeham passes. Pay needs to let Wakeham run the show. The guy is class. Anyone who can't see how mature and ready he is to be our No.7 will be lamenting when another coach grabs him.
Next year is his last contracted so really if he isn't given the spot at the start of the season (unlikely) or given a chance before mid way in the season (will probably mean we're not going to well) he probably isn't going to be staying (unless there isn't an opportunity at another club or we just offer him dumb $ to play in reserves for a few more years). There is a reason why he's letting his contract run down and it's probably due to lack of opportunity.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next year is his last contracted so really if he isn't given the spot at the start of the season (unlikely) or given a chance before mid way in the season (will probably mean we're not going to well) he probably isn't going to be staying (unless there isn't an opportunity at another club or we just offer him dumb $ to play in reserves for a few more years). There is a reason why he's letting his contract run down and it's probably due to lack of opportunity.
I really hope the club doesn’t prioritise Idiot over Wakeham in re-signs...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Elliott isn't the issue. We have to pick two (maybe even one) out of Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry too much the club rates him and he loves the club I’d be very surprised if he’s not re-signed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not necessarily if Foran isn’t kept you could keep all 3.
I'd be trying to keep Foran for the right price. That's for another day tho :smilingimp:.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
BTW is Vunivalu on the field? Oh yeah just saw him.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

probably give him 6 or 7 games then re sign him if it works out, similar to how Lewis came into the side

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club has invested in Wakeham's development for some time now. The club no doubt sees him as a long term half, similar to how the eels view dylan brown. I can see lachy and wakeham being the future halves.