Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
George Coorey - he was a member of the 'football club" board at the time that approved the back ended deals to Woods etc. I read the club is trying to re-sign Elliott. So he'd rather keep Elliott than spend "some" of his wage - an extra 100K maybe a season on signing a potential gamebreaker like Mitchell. Want a stupid c..t !
U make some good comments,on Corey,and back ended deals how can we ever forget,but there one thing Adam Elliot,has that Mitchell will never have,and that is a passion for our club,he may not be in the same league as Mitchell,but give a 30 player list with the same passion and determination,and I would be very happy,

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is so little game breaking talent available with the recent updates.

Latrell being offered 800k or 1 mil makes no Fucking difference. Pay the **** at least he has something we need and haven’t had since barba:

The ability to break a game open.

Ffs miss this and we are back to mediocre spuds at best. I’d rather pay him 10% over to get him when we have such a fucking cap then sign spuds on 400k twice.

Not to mention him here might actually mean the next good/impressive player will consider us a lot stronger and probz not expect massive overs therefor saving us down the track some $.

Plus what he would bring in for members and sponsorship alone.

I mean shit make it in incentives (play x games, score x points, make rep teams, finals etc)
Do you honestly believe,this guy is worth a million,he's negotiating with us to boost his asking rate,bj leilua,at $550,I think a better option,and he's older and wiser and unlikely to go walkabout in the back of Burke,like he's been known to.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sign a centre ASAP otherwise we can expect the same rubbish Desball attack as last season

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe,this guy is worth a million,he's negotiating with us to boost his asking rate,bj leilua,at $550,I think a better option,and he's older and wiser and unlikely to go walkabout in the back of Burke,like he's been known to.
Yes and
NO thanks.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
People that just keep focusing on him just being a centre fmd it aint that black and white the guy is a freak and will only get better hes worth every centre and will give us the x factor we dont have

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Idiots (not you guys :smilingimp:). It isn't rocket science that you need to offer enough $ for it to be an incentive. Otherwise why would he leave the Roosters. That's the situation we're in. Anyone against needs to be sacked... fuming to see this today. Latrell is not worth 1m atm because he's a Centre. For 200-300k risk or premium (ffs... I'd take him even if Centre) it isn't that bad. Especially when the alternatives are Leilua and? If we offer 850-950k Latrell could still come but we're risking signing him...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Idiots (not you guys :smilingimp:). It isn't rocket science that you need to offer enough $ for it to be an incentive. Otherwise why would he leave the Roosters. That's the situation we're in. Anyone against needs to be sacked... fuming to see this today. Latrell is not worth 1m atm because he's a Centre. For 200-300k risk or premium (ffs... I'd take him even if Centre) it isn't that bad. Especially when the alternatives are Leilua and? If we offer 850-950k Latrell could still come but we're risking signing him...
Real estate agents or car salesman would love to see you walk through the door! Why would you offer your highest price straight away? It’s all part of negotiations and of course things like players prices would be discussed at board and people have different opinions on it. Of course this is assuming this information is even correct.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell: Canterbury officials in disagreement over Sydney Roosters star’s price tag, reports

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
LEAGUE
LEAGUE

Canterbury-Bankstown officials are reportedly yet to reach a consensus on Sydney Roosters star Latrell Mitchell’s price tag amid rumours the Bulldogs are prepared to offer the Australia centre $1 million a season.

Mitchell comes off contract at the end of the 2020 NRL campaign and is therefore free to negotiate with rival clubs.

The 22-year-old in June expressed his desire to finish his rugby league career as a one-club player.

But Mitchell, who will make his fourth Test appearance for the Kangaroos against the Tonga Invitational on Saturday, has been strongly linked with the Bulldogs since June.

MORE: Broncos target could remain at current club, report | Ex-Broncos to return to Red Hill in 2020, report |

News Limited journalist James Hooper on Thursday reported ‘The Family Club’ are prepared to pay Mitchell $1 million a season to lure him from Bondi to Belmore.

But it has now emerged some members of the Bulldogs hierarchy are not as enthusiastic about signing Mitchell as others.

“There’s parties at Canterbury who are desperate to get Latrell there and are willing to go to great lengths but I don’t know that the footy club is as convinced of Latrell,” News Limited journalist Brent Read told Triple M’s The Rush Hour with MG.

“I think they’re wary and will go to a certain point for Latrell, I don’t think he’ll get the million a year that’s been talked about.

“… I don’t think they’ll break the bank for Latrell because they got themselves into a fair bit of trouble a couple of years ago and their salary cap was a mess.

“And they’ve only just sort of come out of that and they’re very wary of getting themselves back into that situation.

“There’s a definite interest in Latrell and they will go there, but they’ll only go there to a point and then it’ll be in the Roosters’ court and Latrell’s court as to whether the Roosters want to respond to that amount and whether Latrell maybe wants to take a little bit less to stay at the Roosters.”

It is understood the Sydney Roosters have opened negotiations with Mitchell but are unwilling to enter a bidding war with the Bulldogs.

Meanwhile, Wests Tigers have money to spend following their decision to release Ryan Matterson and Ben Matulino’s medical retirement.

South Sydney would also have money to spend on a potential a late bid for Mitchell if they are successful in having Sam Burgess medically retired.
LOL What a rubbish story...So we now know it took the club management 7 months to disagree :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
The only thing that worries me...If true we have management problems !!!

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good on the dogs for being prudent with funds. We need a balanced champion team to challenge for a comp. Not just a talented over priced player.

Latrell is a great player , at the right price yes please. I just have ??? over him being the highest paid centre / player in the comp.

He aint a 5/8 , has questions with commitment and has already achieved so much , i wonder if his desire to stay at the top is there.

For me he is worth 850k not a cent more. Personally i think there are better targets out there we should be chasing..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"video appeared on social media of Mitchell landing a sideline shot at goal from 55 metres."

that's nothing short of effin insane of true.

Has anyone got this video ?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me how well we go next year when we miss the finals again ..all because we were prudent and paid the right price and signed fark all ...
We need to win a comp, it has been 16 farkin years
Wake up canterbury
Good on the dogs for being prudent with funds. We need a balanced champion team to challenge for a comp. Not just a talented over priced player.

Latrell is a great player , at the right price yes please. I just have ??? over him being the highest paid centre / player in the comp.

He aint a 5/8 , has questions with commitment and has already achieved so much , i wonder if his desire to stay at the top is there.

For me he is worth 850k not a cent more. Personally i think there are better targets out there we should be chasing..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope it's all bullshit. This is the same club that had no problem instantly forking out 600k a year to Napa when we had less cap space to work with.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To0 mUch 4 a cEntRe. Bullshit. He's the kind of marquee signing the clubs screaming for in a position we need. We need to get the moneyball glasses off for this one.
As others have said 100-200k a season over other offers is nothing compared to what he'll bring on field and off.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Real estate agents or car salesman would love to see you walk through the door! Why would you offer your highest price straight away? It’s all part of negotiations and of course things like players prices would be discussed at board and people have different opinions on it. Of course this is assuming this information is even correct.
I was just angry seeing this. You're right. Our initial offer should be 850k and we should slowly bump it up in 50k increments until we're at 950k. If he still hasn't signed then we offer him the 1m. Offering him 1m could be a reality tho so I don't get why this is coming out from Officials. I don't really want those people making decisions.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try 700k my friend for napa
I hope it's all bullshit. This is the same club that had no problem instantly forking out 600k a year to Napa when we had less cap space to work with.