Are cars with over 100,000km on a free fall

Banned
Reaction score
Diesels are known to give problems, nowhere near the reliability of a big capacity petrol engine
Are you serious?
There's a reason diesel is used in trucks and train engines.
What do you drive?

Euro cars are made for Europe, not for us.

Jap and Murican muscle is made for Australian conditions.

I know a few towies, they all say the most breakdowns are Mercs, Beemers and Audis.

Least breakdowns are KIA, Hyundai and Toyota in that order.
Too true, I've had several chauffeurs say the same to me.
They rather their old Aussie v8.

Like my bro-in-law. He is leaning to VK Brockie.

I'm still over the moon with my Walkie. If all goes to plan I'll be sitting on 1000 horses end of next year, sitting on 694hp atm.
Don't you have enough horses in your life already mate?

You have a strange method of evaluating your vehicles or justifying ownership of your 1988 hilux with 300,000km on it.

We might not ever know the truth if a Kia Stinger would survive a drop from a caravan or dump in the ocean etc. But the Police use them so I think the police would thrash a car about as bad as you would ever see, id argue they are worse than the hilux treatment. I'm yet to see any crackle like rice bubbles.

Sidenote, how bad to police treat their cars, its like they let K-9s chew on every bit of interior, mount every curb they can, thrash it to the redline when its stone cold of a morning. one km driven by a policeman is like 100 km driven by a civilian. People who buy ex police chaser vehicles are worse off than even 16 year old Porsche buyers.
Police only use them, as they no longer can buy a Falcodore new!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are you serious?
There's a reason diesel is used in trucks and train engines.
What do you drive?

Too true, I've had several chauffeurs say the same to me.
They rather their old Aussie v8.

Don't you have enough horses in your life already mate?

Police only use them, as they no longer can buy a Falcodore new!
Well there are useful horse's like horsepower and there are annoying old nags like the one that just eats grass and shits horse shit posts on here.

Last edited:

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Like my bro-in-law. He is leaning to VK Brockie.

I'm still over the moon with my Walkie. If all goes to plan I'll be sitting on 1000 horses end of next year, sitting on 694hp atm.
That's awesome man... problem is when would you ever use all that power? Must sound like an absolute weapon though. Nothing quite like the roar of a v8

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's awesome man... problem is when would you ever use all that power? Must sound like an absolute weapon though. Nothing quite like the roar of a v8
The Creek. I live 4 mins away from it.

But on the road I just want the roar, speed is nice just knowing you have it. Gets more looks at the lights with the extra lumpy, extra grumpy cam and the car is shaking looking like it's gonna take off lol

The looks from the seniors is a classic as they don't know what's going on lol always have to tell them don't worry it's supposed to rumble lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

But on the road I just want the roar, speed is nice just knowing you have it. Gets more looks at the lights with the extra lumpy, extra grumpy cam and the car is shaking looking like it's gonna take off lol

The looks from the seniors is a classic as they don't know what's going on lol always have to tell them don't worry it's supposed to rumble lol

I've only driven a V8 a few times but those few times I felt like I was at home!

First time I got to drive a methadone addicts car because he went on the nod and almost drove into someones home!

I was like oh damn I better drive, don't wanna fuck up a nice VP 5 litre

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Yep the power is addictive. Got a stock standard VE SS Ute. My dad had a supercharged Maloo which I drove the other day and the minute I was out of it I was researching ways to upgrade my Ute haha.

You had a run at the creek? What sorta quarter mile you pumping out at the moment?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep the power is addictive. Got a stock standard VE SS Ute. My dad had a supercharged Maloo which I drove the other day and the minute I was out of it I was researching ways to upgrade my Ute haha.

You had a run at the creek? What sorta quarter mile you pumping out at the moment?
ATM it's de-tuned to 335rwkw and pulls 11.89. But I enjoy the laps more than the drags.

Don't quote me on it but with a few exhaust mods and a proper tune it can squeeze out 407rwkw safely.

Then the S/C has to come into play, love to have the full old school bug catcher but apparently it's illegal on "newer" cars.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
ATM it's de-tuned to 335rwkw and pulls 11.89. But I enjoy the laps more than the drags.

Don't quote me on it but with a few exhaust mods and a proper tune it can squeeze out 407rwkw safely.

Then the S/C has to come into play, love to have the full old school bug catcher but apparently it's illegal on "newer" cars.
I watched the quickest VL in Australia become a lemon in 2.5 seconds once!

He revved it too much at the start and all these screws and metal bits spat out of the exhaust.

He barely made it off the mark. Lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I watched the quickest VL in Australia become a lemon in 2.5 seconds once!

He revved it too much at the start and all these screws and metal bits spat out of the exhaust.

He barely made it off the mark. Lol
I know it's funny but I'd cry a little inside lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I know it's funny but I'd cry a little inside lol
I did laugh and cry about it.

You should of heard how much power this thing had though?

I was Disappointed to see that happen.
Its not everyday ypu get to watch the fastest VL on the QM.

I bet the guy spent close to a year or more preparing for that meet, just for that to happen?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just my opinion... cars are overrated (well expensive ones anyways). I had a case I won with a faulty Holden just under a year ago and got my purchase price refunded. Won't touch a new one again or buy from a salesman as they are all scum... I now have a 1997 Mazda 121 with 150,000k on it and it runs perfectly fine and gets me from A to B. I do around 10,000 km a year and intend on clocking it over 200,000.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I usually just throw my car out after the fuel runs out and buy a new one, fuck filling up with fuel that doesn't come from the dealership aye.
Lol pretty much describes the advice of those who have bought a lemon in the past.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Just my opinion... cars are overrated (well expensive ones anyways). I had a case I won with a faulty Holden just under a year ago and got my purchase price refunded. Won't touch a new one again or buy from a salesman as they are all scum... I now have a 1997 Mazda 121 with 150,000k on it and it runs perfectly fine and gets me from A to B. I do around 10,000 km a year and intend on clocking it over 200,000.
You're right about car dealers being scum!
It was an Aussie car dealer who in the late 80's to early 90's who was largely responsible for the flood of heroin on the streets!

Thankfully he suffered for over 15 years in a Thai prison for it though.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No such thing as a Holden anymore.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah GM is the parent company but now there are no Aussie made GMH's (general motors holden). The just re-badge other international GM cars like Opal, Vaxhaull, Chev, etc.

That's why they all look Euro now and can't stand the Holdens anymore.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Holden's make good use of their power. 335rwkw is a lot of power and your times are legit.

I've found Ford's need a stack more power to run the same times. My supercharged V8 ford made 408rwkw but would be lucky to run 11.89.

Years ago I had a cammed LS1 in a vt2 SS with 282rwkw that went 12.1s

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Holden's make good use of their power. 335rwkw is a lot of power and your times are legit.

I've found Ford's need a stack more power to run the same times. My supercharged V8 ford made 408rwkw but would be lucky to run 11.89.

Years ago I had a cammed LS1 in a vt2 SS with 282rwkw that went 12.1s
Is it just the motor/drive train or are the Ford's just a bit heavier?

PS I'm guessing the times are legit due to the 500hp+ roller rockers, stallie and diff. That and it's an LS2 and the biggest angriest cam I could find lol

Also little things like 11.5mm spark plug leads, replaced injectors, iridium spark plugs.

But I have to change other things down the track that I'm not completely happy with IE changing my OTR CAI to a Ramjet, changing the HSV headers to Pacemaker competition headers, going from X pipes to H pipes and probably electronic throttle controller then finally a Walkie or Harrop blower.

PS I may always be a Holden man but I respect all heavy duty 8's no matter the manufacturer. I narrowed my search down to either a VE SS or a 300 SRT8 (HEMI)

Happy with the SS.

Last edited: