News Anthony Mundine is in the middle of Latrell Mitchell contract talks with the Bulldogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When luke keary got injured, latrell's form dipped so much.

Doesnt matter who we get. Our halves with Lewis arent good enough to get the best out of our team
I'm not the biggest Lewis fan when it comes to attack... But he and Mitchell could form a good combination by cancelling out each other's weaknesses. Lewis loves to throw shit early cut out passes, that means early ball to Latrell who can create something out of nothing.
In defence Latrell is lazy at times and doesn't do the extras... So Lewis could cover his lazy efforts in defence

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
If latrell is coming he better play with heart, his got talent but whether he chooses to use it or not is another thing.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read numerous times we only have around 600K up our sleeve for 2020. If we signed Mitchell for 2020 you would think that would necessitate a back-ended contract to some degree (which the club was against doing ever again I read also) but if the Roosters let him go a season early (which I'd be very pleasantly surprised if they did) it would be good even with a few hundred K back-ended and a hundred percent better than signing someone like Leilua for 3 years just to make us a little better "in attack' from next year.

Seems the club may have gone cold on Leilua now though anyway as he came out this wee and promised he'll be with the Raiders for next year at least.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell at the dogs in 2020? That would be nice...
Would be great to have a genuine match winner again - we haven’t had one since Barba. But I can’t see us having a $million available under the cap next year unless we get lucky and offload Holland or Elliott or others who are excess to needs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought I read numerous times we only have around 600K up our sleeve for 2020. If we signed Mitchell for 2020 you would think that would necessitate a back-ended contract to some degree (which the club was against doing ever again I read also) but if the Roosters let him go a season early (which I'd be very pleasantly surprised if they did) it would be good even with a few hundred K back-ended and a hundred percent better than signing someone like Leilua for 3 years just to make us a little better "in attack' from next year.

Seems the club may have gone cold on Leilua now though anyway as he came out this wee and promised he'll be with the Raiders for next year at least.
We would just have to match what Latrell is on at the Roosters for next year. We would offer him the 1m but we just can't fit it in. Will just depend how desperate the club and player is to get him here/move.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So the Roosters are going to offer him a 2 year deal for 21 & 22 at $650k a season.

We are going to offer him. $1m a season for minimum 3 seasons. That is a big premium!! Maybe there are other clubs that would pay $1m a season also.

But I can't see the club paying $1m for a centre, would they?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Must mean Mundines ol mate Barry Ward isnt around these days..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hooper totally reads the kennel
He wouldn't be the only one. But people here have been saying Mundine is talking on our behalf for a few months. I was wondering when the media would drop that into an article. I'm still taking these articles as rumour until the club says something.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So the Roosters are going to offer him a 2 year deal for 21 & 22 at $650k a season.

We are going to offer him. $1m a season for minimum 3 seasons. That is a big premium!! Maybe there are other clubs that would pay $1m a season also.

But I can't see the club paying $1m for a centre, would they?
We have to pay 200-300k more to have a reasonable shot. Otherwise the money difference isn't enough to be an incentive...

... so we might be able to get him for 50-100k cheaper then 1m. I think we're reliant on him signing tho so we'd pay up to 1.1m if we had too. I'm sure Latrell's manager knows that too. That's the cost for us if we want a marquee player.

Latrell's probably my favourite player outside Bulldogs players so I'm not to concerned what the club have to do to get him. They won't pay overs on overs tho which I don't think they'd need to anyways (for example if the Rabbitohs came in for him with the same offer we're not getting him, I don't think they will but you never know).

We also don't know if he'll play Fullback, Centre or even Five-Eighth (don't recommend).

If he's a flop at Fullback and has to play Centre or just plays Centre for us his value is 700k and he's the best Centre in the game. It isn't that bad.

Last edited:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he's here in 2020 we're winning the premiership...

but seriously I'd be so happy and it'd give us something to look forward to next year.
Seriously...where would we play him to justify a price of say $900k a year? He doesnt have the motor in attack or organising skills to run the defence from fullback, and besides, DWZ has been going great at FB since he came across to us. Its too much money though as a centre. So would the long term plan be to make him into a 5/8th after Foz goes in 2021?

For mine its too much money on a centre. How many really top notch games did he have with the best team and the best halves setting him up the last 2 years? Not enough I say. Overrated and moody, sometimes lacks involvement. Potential problems I say.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m just worried about his mental health. Obviously he has the talent. I’m hoping it’s because he’s still young and with age, he gets wiser and mentally stronger.
But I’m sure the Board/Pay have a good pathway to cure that

Old Dog 63

Waterboy
Reaction score
Latrell is not a $1M player. For $1M you need to know that you are going to get the same high standard from the player, week in, week out.

The million dollar players are those that can control the game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell is not a $1M player. For $1M you need to know that you are going to get the same high standard from the player, week in, week out.

clubs are in the business of trying to win premierships, and they will pay that money for a guy who will provide when it's most needed.... Raiders had a good team across the park all year but not one of their players could provide when it counted

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate if you think he is on too much money, you should see what they are paying Holland and Elliott..

They need this marquee signing, we need a left centre
Seriously...where would we play him to justify a price of say $900k a year? He doesnt have the motor in attack or organising skills to run the defence from fullback, and besides, DWZ has been going great at FB since he came across to us. Its too much money though as a centre. So would the long term plan be to make him into a 5/8th after Foz goes in 2021?

For mine its too much money on a centre. How many really top notch games did he have with the best team and the best halves setting him up the last 2 years? Not enough I say. Overrated and moody, sometimes lacks involvement. Potential problems I say.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

what like BEN HUNT? ANTHONY MILFORD? JACK BIRD? lol

1. Daly Cherry-Evans ($1.3 million)
2. Cameron Smith ($1.1 million)
3. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ($1.1 million)
4. Cooper Cronk ($1.05 million)
5. Sam Burgess ($1 million)
6. Kieran Foran ($1 million)
7. James Tedesco ($1 million)
8. Mitchell Pearce ($1 million)
9. Ash Taylor ($1 million)
10. Jason Taumololo ($1 million)
11. Jack Bird ($1 million)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
what like BEN HUNT? ANTHONY MILFORD? JACK BIRD? lol

1. Daly Cherry-Evans ($1.3 million)
2. Cameron Smith ($1.1 million)
3. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ($1.1 million)
4. Cooper Cronk ($1.05 million)
5. Sam Burgess ($1 million)
6. Kieran Foran ($1 million)
7. James Tedesco ($1 million)
8. Mitchell Pearce ($1 million)
9. Ash Taylor ($1 million)
10. Jason Taumololo ($1 million)
11. Jack Bird ($1 million)
Million dollar a year players will become more and more common as the cap rises too. I still remember in the early 2000’s when paying someone over $500k was huge money!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Latrell is worth 700k. We have to pay 900k-1m.
If there was a 1m Halfback we'd have to pay 1.2-1.3m. Also he'd be in high demand so we wouldn't be the only club offering that...

If we have to play Latrell Fullback to justify the price tag then so be it. For me he's made the most sense from day 1 for what we need. Latrell is the best left Centre in the game and has to skills to play Fullback or Five-Eighth in the future imo. DWZ's hands aren't the best and our Halves need help (even if it's from left Centre or Fullback...). Latrell's goal kicking is the icing on the cake. I can find ways to justify the overs we have to pay. We also have to pay the same 200-300k for every marquee player (and still overs but less for players below marquee...). That's the situation we're in.

To answer your question Latrell isn't worth anymore then 700k currently. Look through the 'Highest paid players'. Is it really that bad?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be great to have a genuine match winner again - we haven’t had one since Barba. But I can’t see us having a $million available under the cap next year unless we get lucky and offload Holland or Elliott or others who are excess to needs.
Or Foran medically retires... PLEASE!