News Bulldogs to kick off $3 million spending blitz with retention of key trio

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I personally don't get or see why Elliott is hated so much. Maybe people expect too much from him? I honestly thought Elliott and Smith killed it (did a really good job) in the Lock rotation. I've also never heard an analyst say anything bad about him. As an example on the Matty Johns Podcast Matty actually talked him up. I've always thought he was valuable now and moving forward for ~400k. A good player to have in the team. He seems to really thrive off the leadership group and I'm sure it's something he wants to build into (if he isn't already). A real soldier.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I stopped reading when they mentioned Elliott...
Mate u need blokes like Elliot in your squad especially when u hit the finals... Reminds me plenty of Simon Gillies, the rest is history.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally don't get or see why Elliott is hated so much. Maybe people expect too much from him? I honestly thought Elliott and Smith killed it (did a really good job) in the Lock rotation. I've also never heard an analyst say anything bad about him. As an example on the Matty Johns Podcast Matty actually talked him up. I've always thought he was valuable now and moving forward for ~400k. A good player to have in the team. He seems to really thrive off the leadership group and I'm sure it's something he wants to build into (if he isn't already). A real soldier.
His work off the bench at the back end of last season was massive for us and his locked in for that spot in my books for years to come.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d keep him and play with Wakeham when Foran is gone.
I think if we did end up with Mitchell we would have some great combinations, RFM could run riot with Mitchell.
Yh I'd rather run his contract and not have to worry about him ever again lol.

The likes of Lewis, Cogger and Foran shouldn't even be up for discussion right now, our halves have simply not performed how we need them too so until they do there is no need to lock ourselves in for another cycle. They have the first of this season to do so, if they want to look elsewhere over that period then so be it.

We have Wakeham, Averillo and JT's regen coming through...these blokes should be filling the roster and getting the opportunities over the coming seasons to either establish themselves or partner themselves with and outside recruit.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
your mother put coolant in your bottle when you were a baby im sure of it...… go back to defending the roosters salary cap, that was more believable than this dribble

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliott is a better ballplayer than Lewis while Lewis is a better defender then Elliott....guess they're swapping positions.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nice to see most of the kennel still has a hate hard on for Elliott..... lol

He’ll sign on for a decent wage without costing an arm and a leg and he will offer value for that money.

I’m glad the kennel critics aren’t running the club.

I look forward to the day he recommits and the kennel collectively blows a gasket :D
From memory the guy even offered to take a pay cut to his existing contract recently. Yet people talk shit about him all the time.
I think Elliot has potential that he has not quite realised. He will come good over the next few years, and as you said, he wont cost an arm and a leg.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually thought Elliot found some form back end of the season and was impressive.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm happy to see all of these players re-signed. I dont even care how the club decides to manage the books. So long as we become successful long term again.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
From memory the guy even offered to take a pay cut to his existing contract recently. Yet people talk shit about him all the time.
I think Elliot has potential that he has not quite realised. He will come good over the next few years, and as you said, he wont cost an arm and a leg.
Spot on.... his form has been up and down, but he’s been playing in an inconsistent and largely inexperienced side.

He has already shown that at his best he can play some very good footy and is well regarded by experts from both in and outside of the club.

He’ll be here for some time and will become a very solid player for us.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing with Elliott is he tries hard and has the occasional bit of skill but he lacks consistency in his game and he has lots of errors. He would be the type of player I’d offer a deal after everyone else was sorted.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Elliot is a decent benchy, shit starter tbh

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot is an absolute favourite amongst the playing group. He is the clown, the joker and the energy of the team. You need players like him to motivate the boys and make them enjoy turning up to training. I bumped into him not long ago at Bondi and he was quite approachable. I don't mind elliott just based on what he stands for and he is not as bad a player as what most on here think he is.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliot should get a contract offer. Not sure why that’s so hard to take for the majority of you. And I’m fine with it as long as it’s not a Hasler deal (overpayed)

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate u need blokes like Elliot in your squad especially when u hit the finals... Reminds me plenty of Simon Gillies, the rest is history.
When and if we hit finals... I don’t want Adam idiot anywhere near the ball...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliot is an absolute favourite amongst the playing group. He is the clown, the joker and the energy of the team. You need players like him to motivate the boys and make them enjoy turning up to training. I bumped into him not long ago at Bondi and he was quite approachable. I don't mind elliott just based on what he stands for and he is not as bad a player as what most on here think he is.
He gets a free ride, bloke played like absolute shit at times this season yet others got dropped at the first sign of mistakes. He shouldn't be guaranteed a spot in the 17 and his wage should reflect that.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d keep him and play with Wakeham when Foran is gone.
I think if we did end up with Mitchell we would have some great combinations, RFM could run riot with Mitchell.
Rfm should be in the middle. Stimson and chn on the edges. Either of those are capable of some footwork and offloads. It's exciting provided we don't spend too much.