News Look away roosters fans Latrell has been visiting Bulldogs officials at home

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not keen.

Doesn’t have the hunger.

I’d take him if we still had des. I don’t trust dean pay as a man manager... and latrell seems like a player who needs a guy whispering in his ear and to keep him on track.

complete speculation but he doesn’t seem like a bloke to receive tough love very well either - dean pay just drops people to reserve grade.

I was sceptical of Dean's dropping of players, but the way that CHN RFM and co were playing upon return me tells that he got the response he was looking for... so the players obviously respect him... Dean and Steve both seem to be able to get the players to turn up for each other.. but I just hope they emphasise in attack over the pre season....we really need a high quality attacking coach

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Latrell would be a top signing, he hasn't even hit his peak yet still very young.

However I hope our club isn't dumb enough to experiment with him at FB or 5/8. We need strike in the centres and that is his best position.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Latrell would be a top signing, he hasn't even hit his peak yet still very young.

However I hope our club isn't dumb enough to experiment with him at FB or 5/8. We need strike in the centres and that is his best position.
I think if any club other than the Roosters signs him, they are likely to want to try to get a return on their investment by having him touching the ball a lot more than just playing at centre.

I don't know his body will hold up at fullback so I'd imagine many clubs would stick him at 5/8

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope the bulldogs official had a nice house........

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That clarkeys column is full of shit, legit just makes up his own version of legit mail gettin around. He comes across as a 14 year old.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also there are more games during the regular seasons that're "big games" compared to the Roosters that can coast at times and just smash teams.
What's this new word they're that you speak? Lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What's this new word they're that you speak? Lol
They are.

Oh you mean that're. You can figure that out. Probably something I've made up. That are...

I'm not sure if it's a real word tbh. Just something that's crept into my vocabulary. You could have a field day correcting people typing on here if you really wanted to. It isn't really why we're here now tho is it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are.

Oh you mean that're. You can figure that out. Probably something I've made up. That are...

I'm not sure if it's a real word tbh. Just something that's crept into my vocabulary. You could have a field day correcting people typing on here if you really wanted to. It isn't really why we're here now tho is it.
Still fun to ask the how and why when a new word comes up.
Autocorrect changed my spelling in my original post too. Lol

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s hate of course you’d want a player like Latrell in the team but do you want to pay around $1 million for centre? Then the other question is do you want to pay around $1 million for him then play him out of his best position by putting him at fullback or in the halves. Then there’s question marks over his attitude. It’s going to be a massive gamble.
Correct on every point, just to much risk for that amount of money.
Perhaps his best contribution might be attracting other top line players to the club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That clarkeys column is full of shit, legit just makes up his own version of legit mail gettin around. He comes across as a 14 year old.
It’s embarrassing that he thinks he has all this good mail. I remember a few months ago he said we were after Billy Britain then admits in his “article” that he had nothing to back it up with and only said it because we needed a hooker! He’s a space cadet.

Last edited:

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utter rubbish you say.. Latrell: back to back prems

Munster: gf hiding, semi final loss/prelim knockout, 2x Origin series losses

Lets be fair dinkum here.

Roosters go back 2 back thanks to Tedesco, Keary & Cronk. Roosters win the comp with or without Mitchell.

They won the comp with Minichello, Pearce and Maloney.

Spine wins you the comp and not a one million dollar centre.

You're off your head if you would choose Mitchell over Munster in the 1 million price range

Mitchell got dropped from Origin and the Blues won the series without him, once again thanks to the spine.

You dont have to be a rocket scientist or a bright *****, but just looking at the "raw facts" over the last 5 or so years, have a look at the spine from the premiers.

Roosters fans can also lick Politis' asshole for nabbing Cronk, because without him the Roosters dont win 2 on the trot without his 10+ years of knowing Melbournes game plan.

Wake up son!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Roosters go back 2 back thanks to Tedesco, Keary & Cronk. Roosters win the comp with or without Mitchell.

You're off your head if you would choose Mitchell over Munster in the 1 million price range

Mitchell got dropped from Origin and the Blues won the series without him, once again thanks to the spine.

You dont have to be a rocket scientist or a bright *****, but just looking at the "raw facts" over the last 5 or so years, have a look at the spine from the premiers.

Roosters fans can also lick Politis' asshole for nabbing Cronk, because without him the Roosters dont win 2 on the trot without his 10+ years of knowing Melbournes game plan.

Wake up son!
Munster over Latrell any day for the same amount (it wouldn't be, Munster would be closer to 1.5m). We have to do the best we can with who is available too.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Wake up son!

Blokes just dont get it around here.

You absolutely under no circumstances sign Latrell Mitchell on a $1m dollar a season contract.

The **** under the salary cap should not be any cent more than 600k.

The other 400k should be put into property, shares, boats, upgrades for the family farm and so on....

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This

Wake up son!
This is exactly how I feel. He's too expensive and won't win us shit without a good spine.