Radical left and their bullshit

Banned
Reaction score
Not according to international law. Going around in circles here. If you haven’t caught your tail by now, you never will...
Great, we no longer have armed forces.
We have government supported illegal militant refugees!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
but it is not ok to detain them in squalid, overcrowded living conditions and separating children from their families is immoral, unnecessary and a breach of international law.
Do you also defend the human rights of U.S. citizens when they are separated from their children during arrest, or just illegal immigrants? I only ask because the law applies equally within the U.S. If you're arrested and you have your kid with you, then you are separated from that kid.

Also, the actual % of illegal immigrants who rock up to court after being released prior to a court hearing is tiny. They generally disappear and do not appear for their court date.

This is why ICE had to do 'mass arrests' a while back to detain illegal immigrants who didn't give a shit about U.S. law and didn't care whether a judge was hearing their case.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want to know how a billionaire and his corporate buddies managed to convince over half the nation that they are "outsiders".... are Americans really that stupid?
He is too good that asshole thats why.

He is a pure madman and its near impossible to outsmart him!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Great, we no longer have armed forces.
We have government supported illegal militant refugees!
Lol wut? What exactly are these illegal militants seeking refuge from? Peace?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Do you also defend the human rights of U.S. citizens when they are separated from their children during arrest, or just illegal immigrants? I only ask because the law applies equally within the U.S. If you're arrested and you have your kid with you, then you are separated from that kid.

Also, the actual % of illegal immigrants who rock up to court after being released prior to a court hearing is tiny. They generally disappear and do not appear for their court date.

This is why ICE had to do 'mass arrests' a while back to detain illegal immigrants who didn't give a shit about U.S. law and didn't care whether a judge was hearing their case.
It’s. It really an apt comparison, is it?

Seeking asylum is not a criminal act/ felony. The processes of arresting criminals and detaining/ deporting “illegal immigrants” is not really the same. I can’t think of many cases in which a child is separated from both parents due to them being arrested for criminal actions.... I’d imagine cases like that are rare.... and even if both parents ARE arrested, their children are not also detained in sub standard living conditions.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan. As soon as you sacrifice this slogan and try to be many-sided, the effect will piddle away, for the crowd can neither digest nor retain the material offered. (“Adolf Hitler: quote on propaganda”)

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

Seeking asylum is not a criminal act/ felony. The processes of arresting criminals and detaining/ deporting “illegal immigrants” is not really the same. I can’t think of many cases in which a child is separated from both parents due to them being arrested for criminal actions.... I’d imagine cases like that are rare.... and even if both parents ARE arrested, their children are not also detained in sub standard living conditions.
I disagree that illegal immigrants are housed in sub standard living conditions in the U.S. On the contrary, their living conditions are generally far better than where they have come from and all things considered, the housing seems very fair.

Although, I do agree with you that it is (roughly) a fair argument to make that someone seeking asylum is not committing a crime.

However, the devil is in the detail.

How do you know who is a legitimate asylum seeker and who isn't?
How do you make sure that your country has the resources and capacity to accept the number of people who are arriving and claiming asylum?
How should a country respond when people claiming asylum generally disappear as soon as they are let into the country (and before their day in court arrives) - such as in the U.S.?

A country's (and therefore it's parliament's) obligation is first and foremost to it's citizens. Secondary to that is anything else (e.g. foreign citizens wanting to migrate to your country and also those claiming asylum).

Given the practical reality of many of the questions raised above, I think a country has to do something to protect itself, and therefore some sort of process to temporarily hold illegal immigrants until their claims can be validated is very fair.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree that illegal immigrants are housed in sub standard living conditions in the U.S. On the contrary, their living conditions are generally far better than where they have come from and all things considered, the housing seems very fair.

Although, I do agree with you that it is (roughly) a fair argument to make that someone seeking asylum is not committing a crime.

How do you make sure that your country has the resources and capacity to accept the number of people who are arriving and claiming asylum?
How should a country respond when people claiming asylum generally disappear as soon as they are let into the country (and before their day in court arrives) - such as in the U.S.?

A country's (and therefore it's parliament's) obligation is first and foremost to it's citizens. Secondary to that is anything else (e.g. foreign citizens wanting to migrate to your country and also those claiming asylum).

Given the practical reality of many of the questions raised above, I think a country has to do something to protect itself, and therefore some sort of process to temporarily hold illegal immigrants until their claims can be validated is very fair.
Are you related to Bob Menzies?
You're too bloody good.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Are you related to Bob Menzies?
You're too bloody good.
I like to read.

Also, I've been trying lately to stop repeating silly ideological cliches. Although I find it difficult because for a long time I didn't think as an individual. I just said stuff that I thought belonged to a generally conservative way of thinking.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I like to read.

Also, I've been trying lately to stop repeating silly ideological cliches. Although I find it difficult because for a long time I didn't think as an individual. I just said stuff that I thought belonged to a generally conservative way of thinking.
I was the same until my mid 20's.
Then I became woke by listening to all the great dead comedians and artists of the 20th century.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

You're still wasting your time?

Mate they're hypocrites and dimwits who don't understand words nor legal concepts and liars who make up shit. Don't waste your time.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're still wasting your time?

Mate they're hypocrites and dimwits who don't understand words nor legal concepts and liars who make up shit. Don't waste your time.
What a stunning and brave comment

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

There have been numerous reports of severe overcrowding, poor sanitation, forced sleep deprivation, inadequate medical care etc which have come from those who have been inside the camps - including doctors, lawyers and UN representatives.....not to mention the claims of racially motivated bullying and psychological torture made by a former guard of a Texas camp. When asked to describe his camp, he said it was not as bad as a gulag, but worse than a prison. I really don't understand why you are willing to take the word of politicians while dismissing the claims of professionals who have visited and worked inside the camp as politically motivated......but even if you disbelieve these reports, you still haven't addressed the forced separation of children from their parents. These camps are not just the result of efforts of a country to protect itself, they are example of psychological and physical torture as a means of deterrent, IMO. One thing is certain, the separation of children from their parents at an already stressful time is unnecessary, illegal under international law and downright cruel.

In answer to your questions, all claims must obviously be processed. Detaining people in camps should be a last resort....if absolutely unavoidable, detainees should at very least receive humane treatment, be boarded in sanitary conditions where they are not crammed in like battery hens and should be allowed to remain with their families. If the country is not equipped to accept the number of legitimate refugees (and the US has capacity to take in many more than it is currently allowing) efforts should be made to find a suitable alternative place of settlement for all legitimate asylum seekers ASAP.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a stunning and brave comment
Fuck oath. I have no fear, I'm not a hypocrite and I call out unsubstantiated bullshit bigotry that is quite common on this forum. Don't like it? Put me on ignore

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck oath. I have no fear, I'm not a hypocrite and I call out unsubstantiated bullshit bigotry that is quite common on this forum. Don't like it? Put me on ignore
I personally don't care tbh.

I take all these threads with a grain of salt. We have different people, coming from different walks of life, expressing different opinions.

But I too find it hypocritical of yourself that you stand against bigotry, yet you show intolerance to people who have a different view than yourself by name calling. If it honestly makes you feel that big of a man, big thumps up to you, big guy.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I take all these threads with a grain of salt. We have different people, coming from different walks of life, expressing different opinions.

But I too find it hypocritical of yourself that you stand against bigotry, yet you show intolerance to people who have a different view than yourself by name calling. If it honestly makes you feel that big of a man, big thumps up to you, big guy.
Intolerance to intolerance? For sure.

There's one REGULAR liar here

Another hypocrite who makes accusations at others while at the same time being the first to commit those things all the while repeating the shit that comes out of bolts/jones mouth

Others who claim they're not ignorant and then in the same breath display their ignorance and openly admit it

So yeh you kind of get sick of their repetitive bullshit and resort to calling them out on their garbage

I mean ffs we've got some complaining about the term "concentration camp" rather than the absolute inhumane conditions human beings are being held in

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

I had a lefty tell me he was at a pub in the city.
He claims there was a guy being racist and he bashed him.

I can't say for sure if there was a guy being racist or not which he bashed?

But if its true? He is no better for bashing the guy for saying something he didn't like or agree with!

Violence never solves anything.

They say actions speak louder than words but not in a situation like this!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Intolerance to intolerance? For sure.

There's one REGULAR liar here

Another hypocrite who makes accusations at others while at the same time being the first to commit those things all the while repeating the shit that comes out of bolts/jones mouth

Others who claim they're not ignorant and then in the same breath display their ignorance and openly admit it

So yeh you kind of get sick of their repetitive bullshit and resort to calling them out on their garbage

I mean ffs we've got some complaining about the term "concentration camp" rather than the absolute inhumane conditions human beings are being held in
I would agree with you on the last part - I am not going to discuss the previous points, because to be honest - because I am not overly privy to what you are referring too.

But having said that - I am very open to conversing about such topics. But again, we have a different view on the world, so we would automatically butt heads on or disagree on. Which is fine.

With respect to what I bolded above, that is something we can discuss over and over. But people may not agree that this is a great issue, or the greatest of issues. Take for instance radical new abortion laws. Laws that could potentially harm an innocent being (at least in my eyes), are up there with the inhumane living conditions of those who are being held in such conditions that you mentioned.

But that's my view. You may think I live in a pure fantasy land to think with my point of view. I think they are both critical - and we can discuss one verses the other in a completely civil manner. But I, like you, should be respectful of a viewpoint if it is different to your own. Because for me, it is giving fuel to the flame of the intolerance of people who have left-leaning ideologies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would agree with you on the last part - I am not going to discuss the previous points, because to be honest - because I am not overly privy to what you are referring too.

But having said that - I am very open to conversing about such topics. But again, we have a different view on the world, so we would automatically butt heads on or disagree on. Which is fine.

With respect to what I bolded above, that is something we can discuss over and over. But people may not agree that this is a great issue, or the greatest of issues. Take for instance radical new abortion laws. Laws that could potentially harm an innocent being (at least in my eyes), are up there with the inhumane living conditions of those who are being held in such conditions that you mentioned.

But that's my view. You may think I live in a pure fantasy land to think with my point of view. I think they are both critical - and we can discuss one verses the other in a completely civil manner. But I, like you, should be respectful of a viewpoint if it is different to your own. Because for me, it is giving fuel to the flame of the intolerance of people who have left-leaning ideologies.
And I'll have those discussions in a respectful manner jaybee, where I draw the line is individuals who continuously come out with unsubstantiated bigotry, plain old bigotry. I have no desire to be respectful to, what I call, shit humans. If they couldn't give a stuff about other people's sufferings and continually lie about those suffering people, why the hell should I be respectful to them

I accept you're not regularly involved in these discussion and hence not privy to the regular ongoings in the lounge, there's also probably hypocrisies of my own that if you were a regular reader you could point out. But my above comments relate to certain shit bags who continually display bigotry and propagate lies, even after other posters (like hacky and utility) have shown them to be lies