News Look away roosters fans Latrell has been visiting Bulldogs officials at home

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look away teams and fans of Rugby League. The Roosters are about to go all out with brown paper bags.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because the Roosters are smart and don't waste time making poor decisions. His off the ball efforts were awful, defence was awful... basically everything that didn't involve him having the ball in hand he was awful at.

Bloke just isn't built for it, both physically and mentally. At centre right now I can confidently say he has one for the worst workrates of any outside back in the game, it's ridiculous. Do we really think he is going to move to fullback and all of a sudden improve out of sight and lug his massive frome around for the full 80 week to week while executing the required tasks of the positon and having the same sort of impact he's having now? No chance.

Bloke is a pure power athlete with finesse and the Roosters use him perfectly right now with their star studded roster, his touches per creative play are far superior to any other player in the game as a result.

You don't clog his head with all the extra information or work thats required when playing through the spine, you simply limit the work he does and give him the ball when he's in a position to physically dominate the opposition because he's fresh enough to be at his explosive best.

He won't have the same luxury here so how will he handle it? We also can't throw him into the fullback role out of pure desperation and then waste years and millions trying to develop him there only to realise what the Roosters did from very early and move him back into the centres.

Anyway it doesn't matter, looks like it's happening. Just hope it isn't a ridiculous longterm contract on stupid money and made with stupid promises. We still have a gaping hole in the roster that needs to be addressed and this recruitment decision better not prevent us from addressing that when the opportunity arises.
Spot on this. Think Roosters are getting out while they can as you say.

Does that mean he's a bad signing for us? 100% depends on the price and whether we can fill more essential positions. Still without a top hooker. Halves are a concern. Need a decent centre but at a million? Big call by the club if that much and have to believe they won't.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the day its good to see the dogs making other clubs fork out big to retain and recruit... Send em broke biatchhhh!!

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Clarkeys forum is fucking dreadful these days... Claims to be the guru of sorts like he's in the know, as if Latrells family would let that dweeb know whats going on exactly... Likely feeding him the wrong info if anything
I agree mate. I know someone who knows Latrell’s parents and i can confirm the meeting around origin period did take place.. i knew before it hit the net, though i don’t know anything else to the rumour

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reading now on 9 website they don't believe rooster will be able to offer more than 750k, and we are offering a million. 250k a year is more than most of us earn a year. He is what we need, a centre with skills. We need more x factor the most. Defense is fine now.

Clubs done all it can do to get him. Can't be hard on them if he knocks back more money, to stay with the back to back premier side

I'm just expecting uncle Nick to find room enough under the salary sombrero somehow, and until he announces he's coming I will think the same.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Latrell is well worth the risk. He's playing at about 16% of his potential right now. Will he reach his potential with us or anyone else? Who knows.. But there's risk with any high profile signing..

But we're not a club that is in the position to be able to turn down taking a chance on a talent like him. Especially when we've waited years to finally have serious cap space.

Would you rather sign BJ and Dugan for $1 million combined or take a chance on Latrell for the same price? Many on here want to sign BJ, but think of the risks involved signing a near 30 year old head case like him with his history!

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reading now on 9 website they don't believe rooster will be able to offer more than 750k, and we are offering a million. 250k a year is more than most of us earn a year. He is what we need, a centre with skills. We need more x factor the most. Defense is fine now.

Clubs done all it can do to get him. Can't be hard on them if he knocks back more money, to stay with the back to back premier side

I'm just expecting uncle Nick to find room enough under the salary sombrero somehow, and until he announces he's coming I will think the same.
Stock up on salt and take all these rumours with a grain. I don't recall who it was, but someone from the club ruled out signing him due to him having a ridiculously expensive asking price. But it's at a stage of the year where the various media sources know that they need to keep league supporters interested in their products with whatever story they think fans will buy. I'm almost done with opening these rumour articles. We're going to be flooded with them over the next month or so.

Would you rather sign BJ and Dugan for $1 combined or take a chance on Latrell for the same price? Many on here want to sign BJ, but think of the risks involved signing a near 30 year old head case like him with his history!
I'd take all three for $2. But I don't think they'd be very committed to performing.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Latrell is well worth the risk. He's playing at about 16% of his potential right now. Will he reach his potential with us or anyone else? Who knows.. But there's risk with any high profile signing..

But we're not a club that is in the position to be able to turn down taking a chance on a talent like him. Especially when we've waited years to finally have serious cap space.

Would you rather sign BJ and Dugan for $1 combined or take a chance on Latrell for the same price? Many on here want to sign BJ, but think of the risks involved signing a near 30 year old head case like him with his history!
Considering he's 22? he's really got a long career in front of him and takinginto account what he's done already ... it's in some ways frightening what he could potentially be capable of.

My only concern is the length of the contract, and paying massive overs to get him as I do think there are other positions we need players in. But .. been talked about to death and agree that, IF he's interested, it'd be crazy to turn him down.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry was half asleep..4 NEWCASTLE players want out 2 ..dogs r talking to them but Latrell done deal
If true, considering they’ve dumped about 5 already, that’d fix any cap problems for the knights .

Also, which 4? Depends who they are to know if they’re worth the effort.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Only Ponga or Watson would be worth taking from the knights.

Pearce is getting on.

Don’t mind Fitzgibbon but far better to go after.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If true, considering they’ve dumped about 5 already, that’d fix any cap problems for the knights .

Also, which 4? Depends who they are to know if they’re worth the effort.
Duds no doubt, and Knights duds at that. No thanks

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see Latrell like Jarrod Hayne all the potential in the world but doesn't use it enough!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see Latrell like Jarrod Hayne all the potential in the world but doesn't use it enough!
Absolutely right. Hayne was an athlete and not a footballer. Mitchell is an amazing talent, but the talent only shows on occasions.
If he can apply himself better than he sometimes does, he will be a great pick up.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t use it enough.....

Australian centre, leading points scorer 2 seasons in a row, up there with tackle breaks. Won 2 comps. Definitely in the top 3 centres in the game...

All at the age of 22...

But doesn’t use his potential enough???

Ahh the stupid comments on this forum...