News Look away roosters fans Latrell has been visiting Bulldogs officials at home

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't help but think if Teddy didn't join the Rorters, Mitchell would have already been permanently moved to fullback.
No chance, the Roosters found out very quickly he wasn't cut out for NRL footy at fullback. Bloke can't even get the odd run there now with Manu covering there instead.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does he have Bulldog DNA, took me a bit to like Napa but this guy is a Rooster DNA.
Only about 5% of players have their clubs DNA. So basically loyalty goes out the window when a carrot is dangled in front of them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
According to clarkeys nrl column on insta this is way off and Hopper is talking shit. Clarkey says no meeting has taken and he has sources saying Hopper is blatantly lying
Clarkeys forum is fucking dreadful these days... Claims to be the guru of sorts like he's in the know, as if Latrells family would let that dweeb know whats going on exactly... Likely feeding him the wrong info if anything

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s hate of course you’d want a player like Latrell in the team but do you want to pay around $1 million for centre? Then the other question is do you want to pay around $1 million for him then play him out of his best position by putting him at fullback or in the halves. Then there’s question marks over his attitude. It’s going to be a massive gamble.
yeah fair enough. I get the concerns about paying him the Million dollars & attitude, however I don't understand those doubting his ability.

The kids a SUPERSTAR & imo will become an excellent fullback if he's given some time to learn the position.

He's a long term investment & we should allow him 3/4 months before we judge him if he's picked at FB.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m not saying Hooper is right or wrong but the Clarkey bloke has absolutely nothing. He just trawls social media and forums or flat out makes it up.
Yep his page is shit... All those fake sides he makes up for off season content is cringe

dibbie83

Waterboy
Reaction score
Look away Roosters fans – Latrell has been visiting Bulldogs officials at home
BULLDOGS
James Hooper
October 31, 2019 2:04pm
JAMES HOOPER@jimmyhooper
Source: FOX SPORTS

Latrell Mitchell of the Roosters has met with Bulldogs officials.
Latrell Mitchell of the Roosters has met with Bulldogs officials.Source: AAP
The Bulldogs have been secretly wooing Kangaroos and Sydney Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell with club powerbrokers hopeful they can convince him to sign at the Belmore club next week.

Fox Sports has learned Mitchell has held meetings with the Bulldogs at the home of a Canterbury-Bankstown official and the club has rolled out the red carpet to try and sign the two-time premiership winner.

Currently in New Zealand preparing to represent Australia against Tonga on Saturday, Mitchell will become a free agent for rival clubs to try and sign as of Friday.

If the Bulldogs can convince Mitchell to sign at Canterbury-Bankstown, it would rank as one of the great rugby league coups.

The interest from Canterbury-Bankstown first emerged during this year’s State of Origin series when a third-party acting on behalf of the Bulldogs approached Mitchell’s family.

At the time there were a variety of contracts discussed with one being a 10-year deal valued at around $1 million a season and another being a five-year option.

Bulldogs officials have since kept the lines of communication open with Mitchell and outlined what a marquee signing the Kangaroo centre would become at Canterbury.

The Roosters announced the re-signing of Kiwi Test centre Joseph Manu this week and are believed to have opened negotiations with Mitchell.

But it is unlike the back-to-back premiers to allow a star player they want to retain to become a free agent on the open market as of November 1.

There is a view from those close to Mitchell the Kangaroos centre is worth at least $1 million per season.

The Roosters are unlikely to be prepared to pay this much for a centre whereas the Bulldogs are cashed-up for 2021.
I told everyone it’s a done deal ...and I am hearing there is 4 players NEWCASTLE r trying to leave but I told no who they r ??? We would no in 5 days

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What? You think he would be successful at fullback? What traits make you think so then?
The roosters put him in the number 1 when he was still very young and raw to first grade and he handled It well for the most part. Not saying that he would be a great full back but he has size, strength, speed, ability to offload in traffic, draw and pass. Decent skill set

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The roosters put him in the number 1 when he was still very young and raw to first grade and he handled It well for the most part. Not saying that he would be a great full back but he has size, strength, speed, ability to offload in traffic, draw and pass. Decent skill set
I'm with you, He'd obviously need a pre-season to get himself right physically to play Fullback.

He was way too young & raw when the Roosters played him @ FB.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His very close to an Inglis who won a premiership in 5/8,FB and was a very successful centre. Question is how close though?
I say just bring him in... has the xfactor we've been missing since barba...

Couldn't give a fuck about his price tag... he's a superstar in the making...

Make it happen Lynne

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds credible to me.

Roosters probably tried to negotiate a new deal earlier in the year, his manager told him to test the market and then the Roosters probably warned his manager about distracting Latrell, then told Freddie his head was not in the right place after Origin 1 so he got dropped and have since waited a bit before they re-signed Manu.

Given the success of Tedesco at FB they probably decided Mitchell was no longer an essential signing on big $. Let's see how this one plays out.
100% spot on

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because the Roosters are smart and don't waste time making poor decisions. His off the ball efforts were awful, defence was awful... basically everything that didn't involve him having the ball in hand he was awful at.

Bloke just isn't built for it, both physically and mentally. At centre right now I can confidently say he has one for the worst workrates of any outside back in the game, it's ridiculous. Do we really think he is going to move to fullback and all of a sudden improve out of sight and lug his massive frome around for the full 80 week to week while executing the required tasks of the positon and having the same sort of impact he's having now? No chance.

Bloke is a pure power athlete with finesse and the Roosters use him perfectly right now with their star studded roster, his touches per creative play are far superior to any other player in the game as a result.

You don't clog his head with all the extra information or work thats required when playing through the spine, you simply limit the work he does and give him the ball when he's in a position to physically dominate the opposition because he's fresh enough to be at his explosive best.

He won't have the same luxury here so how will he handle it? We also can't throw him into the fullback role out of pure desperation and then waste years and millions trying to develop him there only to realise what the Roosters did from very early and move him back into the centres.

Anyway it doesn't matter, looks like it's happening. Just hope it isn't a ridiculous longterm contract on stupid money and made with stupid promises. We still have a gaping hole in the roster that needs to be addressed and this recruitment decision better not prevent us from addressing that when the opportunity arises.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah fair enough. I get the concerns about paying him the Million dollars & attitude, however I don't understand those doubting his ability.

The kids a SUPERSTAR & imo will become an excellent fullback if he's given some time to learn the position.

He's a long term investment & we should allow him 3/4 months before we judge him if he's picked at FB.
He definitely has talent that’s not up for debate the thing is how would he go going to fullback with out the weapons he has at the Roosters? If it works it’s a million well spent and if it doesn’t we have a very expensive centre which isn’t the worst thing in the world but it’s not ideal when we have other needs.