News Look away roosters fans Latrell has been visiting Bulldogs officials at home

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Play him to his strengths... why play the best centre in the world at 5/8?
True. His running game is his strength and he needs space. I think he should be a fullback and we should get him fit and play him there.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Play him to his strengths... why play the best centre in the world at 5/8?
His very close to an Inglis who won a premiership in 5/8,FB and was a very successful centre. Question is how close though?

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ash taylor syndrome me thinks could happen

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds credible to me.

Roosters probably tried to negotiate a new deal earlier in the year, his manager told him to test the market and then the Roosters probably warned his manager about distracting Latrell, then told Freddie his head was not in the right place after Origin 1 so he got dropped and have since waited a bit before they re-signed Manu.

Given the success of Tedesco at FB they probably decided Mitchell was no longer an essential signing on big $. Let's see how this one plays out.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
few things to think about. Being in a team of superstars could be what is stopping him from getting more involved in games. I would dare say you would want the ball in keary, cronk or tedesco's hands more than latrell at the roosters. if he came here to be 'the' player in our team he may become more involved. He can definately play fullback as in 2016 he did so for the roosters and i remember he carved us up a few times. For me i couldnt shift DWZ from fullback after what he bought to the team since he signed. Plays 110% every game and his passing game is alright but can be worked on. $1 mill is a lot for a centre at the moment though, is the salary cap due to rise any time soon? $1 mill seems to get thrown around a lot these days for players with the best earning close to 1.4/1.5

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
few things to think about. Being in a team of superstars could be what is stopping him from getting more involved in games. I would dare say you would want the ball in keary, cronk or tedesco's hands more than latrell at the roosters. if he came here to be 'the' player in our team he may become more involved. He can definately play fullback as in 2016 he did so for the roosters and i remember he carved us up a few times. For me i couldnt shift DWZ from fullback after what he bought to the team since he signed. Plays 110% every game and his passing game is alright but can be worked on. $1 mill is a lot for a centre at the moment though, is the salary cap due to rise any time soon? $1 mill seems to get thrown around a lot these days for players with the best earning close to 1.4/1.5
Good points made. I think Latrell is more than just a centre. Scores tries, sets them up, kick goals, kicks field goals, big game experience and a player that will help attract sponsors and other big name players.
Anyway I’ll just take it all as off season journo dribble until the club confirm anything

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well he did get the aaron woods signing right to the dogs, so he has contacts there
He also supports the Tigers so he probably has a few more ins regarding players from there.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be an amazing signing for 5 years. I would preferred Manu or Staggs however, they have signed with their respective clubs. He is best option available. His work ethic does bother me as he may go missing in games. An Australian and SOO rep who has won 2 premierships and can kick goals. Worth it considering the talent left over.
Mitchell is by far the best centre in the game,and can also kick goals,would be an enormous pickup,for our young guys,the only issues with him,is his head space,and temperament,

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not so black and white pardon the pun lol with some players its like saying semi r is just a winger yes hes a centre but he has x factor few players have
true.. but 1 million for Semi or Latrell isnt worth it..

People were saying Klemmer at 800K was over the top and hes a consistent prop getting max metres every game never has a bad game..

Lattrell can be a freak but still hasnt been consistent week to week.. too risky at 1 million imo..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard we're gonna play him at second row :tonguewink:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hooper is the new Weedler. He will throw shit at the wall and when something sticks he will brag that he was right all along.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i really don't understand the hate Latrell cops does everyone realize he's still only 22?

Besides Ponga who's 21 there isn't another player his age that is capable of doing the things LM does.
I don’t think it’s hate of course you’d want a player like Latrell in the team but do you want to pay around $1 million for centre? Then the other question is do you want to pay around $1 million for him then play him out of his best position by putting him at fullback or in the halves. Then there’s question marks over his attitude. It’s going to be a massive gamble.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s hate of course you’d want a player like Latrell in the team but do you want to pay around $1 million for centre? Then the other question is do you want to pay around $1 million for him then play him out of his best position by putting him at fullback or in the halves. Then there’s question marks over his attitude. It’s going to be a massive gamble.
Can't help but think if Teddy didn't join the Rorters, Mitchell would have already been permanently moved to fullback.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't help but think if Teddy didn't join the Rorters, Mitchell would have already been permanently moved to fullback.
Yeah that’s probably true but he hasn’t played at the back for a couple of years now he would probably still kill it there but it’s a big risk if he doesn’t.