7 weeks till xmas

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's that time of year again my friends :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well it's official my friends... exactly 7 weeks until Christmas. What's everyone asking the big fat man in the red suit for this year?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it's official my friends... exactly 7 weeks until Christmas. What's everyone asking the big fat man in the red suit for this year?

Indeed, another year gone.. got all I need, now to buy gifts for everyone an get in early avoid the rush :weary::weary::weary::weary::weary:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Indeed, another year gone.. got all I need, now to buy gifts for everyone an get in early avoid the rush :weary::weary::weary::weary::weary:
Luckily these days I have really trimmed down who I buy presents for. It's really easy as well, buying gift vouchers so people can get what they want... and buy the kids of the family a little toy each along with some sweet treat as well. It was a headache for me years ago.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Only a month to go peeps!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate Christmas it's just another day to me. I just find it a very lonely time of year for me these days so I can't really get excited for it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I hate Christmas it's just another day to me. I just find it a very lonely time of year for me these days so I can't really get excited for it.
Aren't you with a new chick bro? Can't you spend it with her?

Look all and all for me, it's another day, I don't really care about presents or anything like that, but just doing something good for others is what I look forward too. I don't mind the lead up in December and trying to get into the spirit of things, and by that I mean something I like to do is just watch old Christmas movies and tv show episodes as it reminds me of Christmas when I was a lad (and Christmas spirit actually existed).

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chin up bro ,the tides will change your way soon
Aren't you with a new chick bro? Can't you spend it with her?

Look all and all for me, it's another day, I don't really care about presents or anything like that, but just doing something good for others is what I look forward too. I don't mind the lead up in December and trying to get into the spirit of things, and by that I mean something I like to do is just watch old Christmas movies and tv show episodes as it reminds me of Christmas when I was a lad (and Christmas spirit actually existed).
Yeah I am, but it's more the fact of I don't have any real family as my parents and siblings have all passed away plus I never get to see my kids for Xmas either. Also my mum passed away around Xmas as well. I guess it just Xmas is meant to be a time for family and not having family to share it with makes me not be very fond of it. It's a reminder of what I don't have I guess. Wish I could enjoy it but, i just don't. Not the last few years anyway.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am, but it's more the fact of I don't have any real family as my parents and siblings have all passed away plus I never get to see my kids for Xmas either. Also my mum passed away around Xmas as well. I guess it just Xmas is meant to be a time for family and not having family to share it with makes me not be very fond of it. It's a reminder of what I don't have I guess. Wish I could enjoy it but, i just don't. Not the last few years anyway.
Fair enough that's a lot of weight on the shoulders bro ,have you spoken to anyone about your rights as a parent?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough that's a lot of weight on the shoulders bro ,have you spoken to anyone about your rights as a parent?
Yeah mate I have. We did mediation but it never worked out as my ex kept wanting to change things. Our next step is family court. I've been saving money for that but I'll have to put court on the back burner as i now need that money as i am out of work at the end if the week. The fun games of life hey lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah mate I have. We did mediation but it never worked out as my ex kept wanting to change things. Our next step is family court. I've been saving money for that but I'll have to put court on the back burner as i now need that money as i am out of work at the end if the week. The fun games of life hey lol.
Can you go back to mediation?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you go back to mediation?
I doubt it, unless she changes her tune which I also doubt. Thing is it's not like I am trying to take the kids off her, I just want some quality access to them. Her idea is an 1hr or 2 once in a blue moon when it suits her.

Anyway, I've had my whinge for the day in this thread lol. Sometimes life is just a turd sandwich.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Norovirus, wife and I are doing a cruise over the break.