News Look away roosters fans Latrell has been visiting Bulldogs officials at home

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooper must trawl through the kennel moreso than the other journos

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Must be a 50/50, any inside info's willing to make a call either way?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if he comes, sweet, if not.. whatever.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope we don’t get him.

We don’t need a million dollar centre and he isn’t proven in the halves.

Will be another disaster signing.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if we cop a fine for meeting up with a contracted player before the anti tampering deadline based on this article. Uncle Nick only needs to sulk to Todd and I'm sure he will send us to the naughty corner for daring to chase one of his pets.

I'm still wary of reputedly offering a non spine player anything in the vicinity of a million per season. Especially if it's a player that outwardly appears to lack an ounce of commitment. It just doesn't sit well to think we might be splashing a huge portion of our cap on a player that could go into cruise control.

I'll take all of these articles with a grain of salt anyway. We all know that player managers will release whatever information (true or false) that they think will increase their bargaining power. And I'm certain that Mitchell's manager would draw a dollar sign if he had to draw a portrait of Latrell. I'm pretty sure that someone from the club has publicly stated that they're not chasing Mitchell as his asking price is too high.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hope we don’t get him.

We don’t need a million dollar centre and he isn’t proven in the halves.

Will be another disaster signing.
and at Fullback?

Latrell's the best Centre in the game and I believe he's worth 700k. It isn't that bad if he fails playing Fullback (or Five-Eighth).

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if we cop a fine for meeting up with a contracted player before the anti tampering deadline based on this article. Uncle Nick only needs to sulk to Todd and I'm sure he will send us to the naughty corner for daring to chase one of his pets.

I'm still wary of reputedly offering a non spine player anything in the vicinity of a million per season. Especially if it's a player that outwardly appears to lack an ounce of commitment. It just doesn't sit well to think we might be splashing a huge portion of our cap on a player that could go into cruise control.

I'll take all of these articles with a grain of salt anyway. We all know that player managers will release whatever information (true or false) that they think will increase their bargaining power. And I'm certain that Mitchell's manager would draw a dollar sign if he had to draw a portrait of Latrell. I'm pretty sure that someone from the club has publicly stated that they're not chasing Mitchell as his asking price is too high.
Why do people think we can't talk a deal now?
We can't get in trouble for speaking to him. We just can't register his contract until November 1.
Every club is out there trying to sign up players now.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do people think we can't talk a deal now?
We can't get in trouble for speaking to him. We just can't register his contract until November 1.
Every club is out there trying to sign up players now.
And since when has the current NRL administration team ever held back from fining us for things other clubs get away with.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He'll be playing in our spine if we get him and we can also get another decent centre like Ramien (maybe Leilua even) I reckon. DWZ needs a passing game or go back to the wing. Mitchell was playing great at fullback for the Roosters remember before they moved him to the centres. Would rather Mitchell at 1M a year than washed up Dugan at not far off that.
God help us if he's in our spine

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And since when has the current NRL administration team ever held back from fining us for things other clubs get away with.
You are thinking of the old June 30 deadline they had in place where you couldn’t talk to anyone before it. It changed a few years ago where you can talk to players whenever you want you just can’t lodge the deal until Nov 1. There’s no NRL law that has been broken so we can’t get fined.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hooper must trawl through the kennel moreso than the other journos
Its funny i was at a function a couple of months ago and was chatting to paul kent good bloke actually but i asked him him if he goes on the kennel he paused thinking for about 10 secs then said no lol which means yes lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’d be a massive get. Would attract other players to the club as well.
Have to agree, and if this Is correct then I’m very impressed by the club.. Signs are there that the board etc are trying..!!
Wait an see what happens in the next week I guess.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Mitchell. Okenbur. Remis = big bodies and speed to burn, something the Bulldogs have not had in a long time. Add to that the sleek skills of Hoppa and DWZ at the back and you have your self a very handy backline.
Agree

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll believe it when he actually signs with us! Uncle Nick doesn't lose players he wants, unless there's some sort of issues going on between Mitchell and the Roosters then her won't be going any where!

tnt

Waterboy
Reaction score
There was only one centre that the rorters really wanted to keep, and they just re signed him.