News Look away roosters fans Latrell has been visiting Bulldogs officials at home

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look away Roosters fans – Latrell has been visiting Bulldogs officials at home
BULLDOGS
James Hooper
October 31, 2019 2:04pm
JAMES HOOPER@jimmyhooper
Source: FOX SPORTS

Latrell Mitchell of the Roosters has met with Bulldogs officials.
Latrell Mitchell of the Roosters has met with Bulldogs officials.Source: AAP
The Bulldogs have been secretly wooing Kangaroos and Sydney Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell with club powerbrokers hopeful they can convince him to sign at the Belmore club next week.

Fox Sports has learned Mitchell has held meetings with the Bulldogs at the home of a Canterbury-Bankstown official and the club has rolled out the red carpet to try and sign the two-time premiership winner.

Currently in New Zealand preparing to represent Australia against Tonga on Saturday, Mitchell will become a free agent for rival clubs to try and sign as of Friday.

If the Bulldogs can convince Mitchell to sign at Canterbury-Bankstown, it would rank as one of the great rugby league coups.

The interest from Canterbury-Bankstown first emerged during this year’s State of Origin series when a third-party acting on behalf of the Bulldogs approached Mitchell’s family.

At the time there were a variety of contracts discussed with one being a 10-year deal valued at around $1 million a season and another being a five-year option.

Bulldogs officials have since kept the lines of communication open with Mitchell and outlined what a marquee signing the Kangaroo centre would become at Canterbury.

The Roosters announced the re-signing of Kiwi Test centre Joseph Manu this week and are believed to have opened negotiations with Mitchell.

But it is unlike the back-to-back premiers to allow a star player they want to retain to become a free agent on the open market as of November 1.

There is a view from those close to Mitchell the Kangaroos centre is worth at least $1 million per season.

The Roosters are unlikely to be prepared to pay this much for a centre whereas the Bulldogs are cashed-up for 2021.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hooper has to write about Latrell now the Turbos have re-signed zzzzzzzzz

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we need star players.. BUT i wouldnt want to sign a centre to Million$..

Only a few players are worth a Million dollars and they should be in the spine..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon its mundine thats been helping get him to the club

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does he have Bulldog DNA, took me a bit to like Napa but this guy is a Rooster DNA.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs did reach out to Mundine to set this up and he has been facilitating the meetings. I know there is a lot of anti-Mundine sentiment but he has been the reason why this is even possible.
Chris anderson is tight with him is that correct?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be an amazing signing for 5 years. I would preferred Manu or Staggs however, they have signed with their respective clubs. He is best option available. His work ethic does bother me as he may go missing in games. An Australian and SOO rep who has won 2 premierships and can kick goals. Worth it considering the talent left over.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
we need star players.. BUT i wouldnt want to sign a centre to Million$..

Only a few players are worth a Million dollars and they should be in the spine..
Its not so black and white pardon the pun lol with some players its like saying semi r is just a winger yes hes a centre but he has x factor few players have

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not so black and white pardon the pun lol with some players its like saying semi r is just a winger yes hes a centre but he has x factor few players have
Sometimes it takes a good pun to make your point so no apologies needed lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll be playing in our spine if we get him and we can also get another decent centre like Ramien (maybe Leilua even) I reckon. DWZ needs a passing game or go back to the wing. Mitchell was playing great at fullback for the Roosters remember before they moved him to the centres. Would rather Mitchell at 1M a year than washed up Dugan at not far off that.

Reactions: DT

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooper-Scooper at it again.

When I see him saying he’s signed with us, wearing a Dogs jersey, then I’ll start to believe.

When I see him training with the team, I’ll be convinced.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be an amazing signing for 5 years. I would preferred Manu or Staggs however, they have signed with their respective clubs. He is best option available. His work ethic does bother me as he may go missing in games. An Australian and SOO rep who has won 2 premierships and can kick goals. Worth it considering the talent left over.
He'll be playing in our spine if we get him and we can also get another decent centre like Ramien (maybe Leilua even) I reckon. DWZ needs a passing game or go back to the wing. Mitchell was playing great at fullback for the Roosters remember before they moved him to the centres. Would rather Mitchell at 1M a year than washed up Dugan at not far off that.
maybe lattrell at 1 dwz centre but dwz is too good for wing i think some on her forget quickly how good he played for us

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve got a gut feeling they want him as our 5/8 when Foz fucks off.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have to agree. If LM dons the blue and white it will be with 1 or 6 on his jersey. He has played some FB at the chooks, but that was before $1M Teddy joined them. Naturally he has been playing centre for them ever since. On a big money deal he has to play spine.