Count down to November 1

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We will get desperate and pay overs for a player not worth the coin.

I can see us paying a player like Mitchell $1.2m a year on a 5 year contract.

They guy has just gone back to back for the rorters, played for NSW and Aus - what left has he to achieve? The **** is already talking about his retirement plus he is a centre who will be on premiership halfback money.

It’s going to be a train wreck.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
How depressing. I won't be counting down with you.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2020 will be a step in the much improved direction and we will have a good year, I reckon we will be positively surprised.. but 2021 is the year we will hit beast mode an fuck shit up.. I’m excited for next year weather or not signings are confirmed..!! :grinning:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's be realistic here
No club can sign every player they want except The RORTERS ( sombrero cap )
Our clubs drawbacks are, 1 our recent history and 2 our coach ( nothing personal against Pay )
The best possible result for 2021 is to throw The kitchen sink at
1 Latrell Mitchell...He could cover Center, Fullback and Five eight if needed (an X-facror)
2 David Fifita...He will add a much needed attacking dimension to our backrowers (an X-factor)
3 For 2020...It would great to sign a one center, 1 Scott 2 Ramien and if desperate Leilua (for a reasonable price)
The rest of the available cap for 2021 should be spent depending on who we need or keep or let go !!!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Leilua at $400k-$500k better than getting Latrell for $1mil+?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's be realistic here
Our clubs drawbacks are, 1 our recent history and 2 our coach ( nothing personal against Pay )
1 Latrell Mitchell...He could cover Center, Fullback and Five eight if needed (an X-facror)
2 David Fifita...He will add a much needed attacking dimension to our backrowers (an X-factor)
3 For 2020...It would great to sign a one center, 1 Scott 2 Ramien and if desperate Leilua (for a reasonable price)
The rest of the available cap for 2021 should be spent depending on who we need or keep or let go !!!
I’d put Mitchell at fullback if we get him. No point having him at centre touching the ball 12 times a game. Guy needs to be involved and no better way then fullback. Force him to take the kick returns. Force him to run the ball 20+ times a game. Get him running 200m a game.

I know highly unlikely but cotric and Joey manu should have enquires made for.

fafita is a dream. Doubt we would even be considered for it. I’m thinking he’d take under at broncos or cash in at Souths. Don’t think we are realistic for his signature. But throw everything at him and figure out the financial later.

tommy turbo would be the perfect long term fit. But can never see him leaving manly (and they won’t let him go). His parents are involved in junior league. Northern beaches boys, club loves them.

If we miss out on the top level talent then we should look at the likes of frizell, Vaughn, arrows. Maybe consider the Uk props if hopefully tolman is let go.

another slim hope in wighton to run our attack. Are there any gun hookers coming through that aren’t in jail? Might be worth a dabble on.

I think we have enough in juniors coming through to get back on track with role players for 2021 and beyond. All we need is the 2-3 superstars that we have struggled to attract or keep in the last decade. And if the board and the coach and ceo can’t deliver on it (bj would be considered a seismic failure in my books) then they all must go together.

I’ll give the front office the benefit of the doubt for 2020. But if we don’t run out as top 4 favourites in 2021 then all must go.

we were told bleak times were ahead and it will get worse before it gets better. And we have been through some shit in the last 15 years since our last success. If they fuck this up then board, staff, players, coaches, ceo. Full clean out will be required.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
People are way too focused on having to sign a superstar on massive coin for the sake of it. Signing Latrell or Fafita on huge coin might scratch the itch of signing a big name but I don't think it will solve our problems.

We need a top class hooker or half and there just isn't one on the market. We are going to have to wait until one becomes available or we develop one.

Breaking the bank on a second rower or centre right now is something you do when you need that player to put you over the top in premiership contention and we just aren't in that position.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's be realistic here
I think Fafita is a bit of a pipe dream. Souths will get the benefit of a salary cap dispensation for Burgess and have plenty of money to splash around on players. What is the media spouting ....a 4 million war chest......?

Roosters already on way to retaining whoever they like and a third premiership...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Weren't we meant to be signing Leilula for 2020 or was he 2021?
Signing for 2020 to help the Raiders free some cap space.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d put Mitchell at fullback if we get him. No point having him at centre touching the ball 12 times a game. Guy needs to be involved and no better way then fullback. Force him to take the kick returns. Force him to run the ball 20+ times a game. Get him running 200m a game.

I know highly unlikely but cotric and Joey manu should have enquires made for.

fafita is a dream. Doubt we would even be considered for it. I’m thinking he’d take under at broncos or cash in at Souths. Don’t think we are realistic for his signature. But throw everything at him and figure out the financial later.

tommy turbo would be the perfect long term fit. But can never see him leaving manly (and they won’t let him go). His parents are involved in junior league. Northern beaches boys, club loves them.

If we miss out on the top level talent then we should look at the likes of frizell, Vaughn, arrows. Maybe consider the Uk props if hopefully tolman is let go.

another slim hope in wighton to run our attack. Are there any gun hookers coming through that aren’t in jail? Might be worth a dabble on.

I think we have enough in juniors coming through to get back on track with role players for 2021 and beyond. All we need is the 2-3 superstars that we have struggled to attract or keep in the last decade. And if the board and the coach and ceo can’t deliver on it (bj would be considered a seismic failure in my books) then they all must go together.

I’ll give the front office the benefit of the doubt for 2020. But if we don’t run out as top 4 favourites in 2021 then all must go.

we were told bleak times were ahead and it will get worse before it gets better. And we have been through some shit in the last 15 years since our last success. If they fuck this up then board, staff, players, coaches, ceo. Full clean out will be required.
Manu just resigned with the Roosters so that's off the table.

Fifita is possible if we fork out 1m. Then it'll just depend if more successful clubs (e.g. Rabbitohs) offer him the same or near enough. I'd rather Rabbitohs offered Fifita 1m so we're front runners for Latrell.

Trbo would make an extra 400k a year IF we signed him. That's hard to say no to regardless how loyal you're.

Harry Grant is the gun Hooker coming through.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems like everybody good we are being linked to is re-signing with their clubs...
They are being helped with big named players at their club being medically retired...
Even now, the Turbo brothers have been offered an upgraded contract with Manly...

That means the two players still available are that fat centre BJ and the other centre that wants too much money so he can retire by 30 Latrell Mitchell...

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to ask yourself before November 1st.....
Why haven't Manly signed Turbo bro's?
Why Roosters haven't signed Mitchell?
Why Bronco's haven't signed Fifita?

These guy's are all willing to leave for money. If we were to miss out on one of these (there are others) then we have problems attracting the best players and that will be a major concern.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People are way too focused on having to sign a superstar on massive coin for the sake of it. Signing Latrell or Fafita on huge coin might scratch the itch of signing a big name but I don't think it will solve our problems.

We need a top class hooker or half and there just isn't one on the market. We are going to have to wait until one becomes available or we develop one.

Breaking the bank on a second rower or centre right now is something you do when you need that player to put you over the top in premiership contention and we just aren't in that position.
Hence why I would be chasing guys like friend and James..they would fill the void and not break the bank.

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry boys but we are going to end up with our dicks in our hands

We will miss out on elite players and end up with the calibre of players of BJ Leilua

All this talk of our war chest means jackshit. Souths just entered the player market and will clean up. They have a proven coach that players are attracted to.

Sorry boys... bleak times ahead
Thank you for the apology