I implore you, never ever fly Tiger airways!!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want to make as much noise about this as possible, and make them pay in some way for their treatment of their customers.

I will try to keep this as short as possible. My wife and I had 2 return flights from Cairns - Brisbane. My stepfather suddenly passed away a few weeks back, and everything went into chaos, as my sister lives in brisbane, another is in sydney, and my stepfather lived roughly half way between the two cities.

I have had to change my flights around several times in order to be there for my family, and then to return home for work and then come back for his funeral. But each time I have changed the flights I have taken a hit in the back pocket.

I managed to convince them once to wave their fees, but still paid the difference in fares.

The last flight I had to change was only the name. I needed to change my wife's name to my name, and it cost me $150. They even had the audacity to charge me and extra $16 in flight fare difference because that same flight is now more expensive then when I originally changed it. Are you fucking serious???!!!!!!!

I just arrived at the airport and went through security as I had only carry on. I'm sitting in the departure gate when I realize that my boarding flight has Mrs. Hancock on it. WTF??!!!!! So I had to go back through security, line up, and then wait for the idiots to work out how to change the error that the other fucking halfwit made while my wife was on the phone.

PLEASE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND NEVER FLY WITH THIS DISHONOURABLE, UNETHICAL, MONEY HUNGRY PIECE OF SHIT AIRLINE!!!!!!!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to make as much noise about this as possible, and make them pay in some way for their treatment of their customers.

I will try to keep this as short as possible. My wife and I had 2 return flights from Cairns - Brisbane. My stepfather suddenly passed away a few weeks back, and everything went into chaos, as my sister lives in brisbane, another is in sydney, and my stepfather lived roughly half way between the two cities.

I have had to change my flights around several times in order to be there for my family, and then to return home for work and then come back for his funeral. But each time I have changed the flights I have taken a hit in the back pocket.

I managed to convince them once to wave their fees, but still paid the difference in fares.

The last flight I had to change was only the name. I needed to change my wife's name to my name, and it cost me $150. They even had the audacity to charge me and extra $16 in flight fare difference because that same flight is now more expensive then when I originally changed it. Are you fucking serious???!!!!!!!

I just arrived at the airport and went through security as I had only carry on. I'm sitting in the departure gate when I realize that my boarding flight has Mrs. Hancock on it. WTF??!!!!! So I had to go back through security, line up, and then wait for the idiots to work out how to change the error that the other fucking halfwit made while my wife was on the phone.

PLEASE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND NEVER FLY WITH THIS DISHONOURABLE, UNETHICAL, MONEY HUNGRY PIECE OF SHIT AIRLINE!!!!!!!!
Good read flame. Sounds terrible alright..!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I never fly with them, I’ve heard that they are cheap for a reason!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like Ansett Australia died and became tiger airways?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a lottery flying with any budget carrier.

Unfortunately, if you are going to/from a touristy place (like, say the Gold Coast, or in your case, Cairns), Deathstar and Tiger are often your main options.

I avoid them in Australia - but use them in in Thailand (Air Asia).

Really sorry for the loss of your step father.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Just think if Australia pull their finger out and invest in maglev technology then domestic flights up and down the east coast will be rare!
Maglevs can travel at the same speeds commercial flights need to take off!

Plus its a much safer way to travel!

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you have a facebook account or not, but ifd you do, go to their page, ask the question, leave negative feedback - bombard them in every way!

https://www.facebook.com/tigerairaustralia/
TBH, LCC's don't care too much about negative comments - they expect it. But people will keep flying with them, mainly because they advertise flights to the Gold Coast for $49.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
TBH, LCC's don't care too much about negative comments - they expect it. But people will keep flying with them, mainly because they advertise flights to the Gold Coast for $49.
Well generally because it's a public forum, they try to address them. It's happened to me a few times I've had to deal with other businesses.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate. All airlines are the same. Once you make changes, they grab you by the balls & do not stop squeezing until you have coughed up money.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they fucked up a landing and I was certain the plane was going to tip over ffs

if I ever go to Melbourne again ill hitchhike, much safer