Count down to November 1

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry boys but we are going to end up with our dicks in our hands

We will miss out on elite players and end up with the calibre of players of BJ Leilua

All this talk of our war chest means jackshit. Souths just entered the player market and will clean up. They have a proven coach that players are attracted to.

Sorry boys... bleak times ahead

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
meh, I don't really care... As Sterlo said... out of all the bottom teams, Dogs fans can be the most optimistic for 2020.. just about all of our recruits this year played well and improved under Deano...

I think we will see the same with Britt, Stimson, and co. Yes we need to improve in attack, but if we can keep Kieran on the park, well we know he can pretty much win games on his own just about.. and of course, Dallin changed the whole dynamic of how the team plays

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

We will miss out on elite players and end up with the calibre of players of BJ Leilua

All this talk of our war chest means jackshit. Souths just entered the player market and will clean up. They have a proven coach that players are attracted to.

Double meh!!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sometimes having our dick in our hands is a good thing. We control what is good. By 2021 the team will be up there with best in comp. the next crop is coming through. Toomaga , Harper , tass, topine, devontai seumanutafa ( played with David fafita at Keerbra Park)
Shame it more than twice it’s deemed playing with it. Fuck yes doggies fans! Believe the hype!

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a real strong feeling Latrells on the way

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change

Do you need some time on your own ?
Do you need some time all alone
Everybody needs some time
On their own
Don't you know you need some time all alone

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By this time next year you’ll be eating crow my friend.
Surely we'd find out sooner... I'm expecting some sort of signing announcement in the coming weeks... especially with board elections approaching. You'd think they'd be eager to prove themselves in recruitment as early as possible

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely we'd find out sooner... I'm expecting some sort of signing announcement in the coming weeks... especially with board elections approaching. You'd think they'd be eager to prove themselves in recruitment as early as possible
Of course. I’m more referring to the 2021 squad being close to finalised by this time next year.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your right
I've had that feeling for a while too but today I read that Parra are going to offer him 11M over 10 years (1.1M a year). If that's true unless we offer 1.2M for 10 years (which I don't think the club would do nor most of the fans would want) then we might be out of that auction

900K a season to a MIL for 4 or 5 years yes but I hope the article isn't true and we don't have to beat that offer. I don't see how they can afford a backline of Gutherson, Sivo, Ferguson, Mitchell, Moses etc and we got Foran, Hopa and DWZ of note

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is anyone really expecting any signings for next year?

We are all waiting for 2021.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the majority of our signings (including 2021) will be done before the start of next season. That's especially the marquee signings. If any :smilingimp:.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see which way the club goes with future recruitment. Signing marquee players is the seemingly simple option. I'd prefer to see the club pick up overlooked talent and turn them into stars when we show some faith in them.

There are too many clubs that are continuing to flounder on the edge of salary cap drama because they chase the identified talent at any cost. I'd like to see the club build a team that we can keep together for at least a few years. There is always going to be some player movement. But it would be great if we can keep a strong squad together for long enough to be an ongoing contender for premierships.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sometimes having our dick in our hands is a good thing. We control what is good. By 2021 the team will be up there with best in comp. the next crop is coming through. Toomaga , Harper , tass, topine, devontai seumanutafa ( played with David fafita at Keerbra Park)
Shame it more than twice it’s deemed playing with it. Fuck yes doggies fans! Believe the hype!