Are cars with over 100,000km on a free fall

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, I will buy a 50 year old Porsche over any freakin Kia.
Those Porsche spare parts centres love people like you, need a new radiator and water pump, no worries... $13990 please oh and another $4000 for labour

Friend of mine bought a brand new AMG (he's the real deal) and 12 days before warranty ended his motor was playing up (70000km).. took it to Mercedes, they covered it under warranty but invoice had $97000 bill on it for replacement engine. 12 days later it was my mates problem. Imagine what a 16 year old Porsche turbo with high km would do to you. They would decapitate you.

If you spend Kia money buy a Kia man.. best advice you will receive in 2019

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Close enough to it. You will NEVER find me buying a Korean car.
Go drive the Kia stinger, it will embarrass 95% of cars on our roads, many of them claiming to be sports cars.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Go drive the Kia stinger, it will embarrass 95% of cars on our roads, many of them claiming to be sports cars.
Mate, you might actually believe that, or you're trolling.

Many Cars on our roads have been tested through YEARS of R&D as well as proven reliability and quality parts. The Toyota Hilux which was aforementioned is a prime example. A 1988 Hilux with 300,000 on the clock was hit with a wrecking ball, had a caravan dropped on top of it, was set on fire, dumped in the ocean, and then put on top of a building as it was imploded, and the car STILL ran.

Do any of those things to the Stinger, and it will crackle fast than rice bubbles!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Many Cars on our roads have been tested through YEARS of R&D as well as proven reliability and quality parts. The Toyota Hilux which was aforementioned is a prime example. A 1988 Hilux with 300,000 on the clock was hit with a wrecking ball, had a caravan dropped on top of it, was set on fire, dumped in the ocean, and then put on top of a building as it was imploded, and the car STILL ran.

Do any of those things to the Stinger, and it will crackle fast than rice bubbles!
You have a strange method of evaluating your vehicles or justifying ownership of your 1988 hilux with 300,000km on it.

We might not ever know the truth if a Kia Stinger would survive a drop from a caravan or dump in the ocean etc. But the Police use them so I think the police would thrash a car about as bad as you would ever see, id argue they are worse than the hilux treatment. I'm yet to see any crackle like rice bubbles.

Sidenote, how bad to police treat their cars, its like they let K-9s chew on every bit of interior, mount every curb they can, thrash it to the redline when its stone cold of a morning. one km driven by a policeman is like 100 km driven by a civilian. People who buy ex police chaser vehicles are worse off than even 16 year old Porsche buyers.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You have a strange method of evaluating your vehicles or justifying ownership of your 1988 hilux with 300,000km on it.

We might not ever know the truth if a Kia Stinger would survive a drop from a caravan or dump in the ocean etc. But the Police use them so I think the police would thrash a car about as bad as you would ever see, id argue they are worse than the hilux treatment. I'm yet to see any crackle like rice bubbles.

Sidenote, how bad to police treat their cars, its like they let K-9s chew on every bit of interior, mount every curb they can, thrash it to the redline when its stone cold of a morning. one km driven by a policeman is like 100 km driven by a civilian. People who buy ex police chaser vehicles are worse off than even 16 year old Porsche buyers.
Were to begin...

- I hope you're aware that the dog unit do not have their dogs travel in the police car... they travel is special fans specifically modified for them
- I have never seen a police car mount a kerb
- I've only seen Police thrash their cars when chasing someone

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

In the bold.
Proof the New South Fails police is run by a bunch of bitches!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were to begin...

- I hope you're aware that the dog unit do not have their dogs travel in the police car... they travel is special fans specifically modified for them
- I have never seen a police car mount a kerb
- I've only seen Police thrash their cars when chasing someone
Well this is an even worse situation for the police. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that "the K-9s" must have done all the damage. But following on from your comments its the police who trash the interiors, ive seen interiors of police cars resemble a junk yard bomb site, scuffs and scrapes everywhere, holes everywhere, seats with fabric worn down so thin its barely there, donuts mashed in between the seats and they are 30,000-40,000km vehicles.

oh they thrash their cars alright. mount curbs, ram things, belt them to redline from dead cold. they are a tool of trade for them not a car that needs some mechanical sympathy to live.

I know of a police car that did 85,000km with no oil change services. Basically from brand new, nothing.. The oil came out looking like sand. I was involved with trading the car in, told the dealer it hadn't been serviced in 85000km and they still took it and some unsuspecting person bought it :grinning:.

1 police driven km = 100 civilian driven km.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Well this is an even worse situation for the police. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that "the K-9s" must have done all the damage. But following on from your comments its the police who trash the interiors, ive seen interiors of police cars resemble a junk yard bomb site, scuffs and scrapes everywhere, holes everywhere, seats with fabric worn down so thin its barely there, donuts mashed in between the seats and they are 30,000-40,000km vehicles.

oh they thrash their cars alright. mount curbs, ram things, belt them to redline from dead cold. they are a tool of trade for them not a car that needs some mechanical sympathy to live.

I know of a police car that did 85,000km with no oil change services. Basically from brand new, nothing.. The oil came out looking like sand. I was involved with trading the car in, told the dealer it hadn't been serviced in 85000km and they still took it and some unsuspecting person bought it :grinning:.

1 police driven km = 100 civilian driven km.
Cops thrash their cars.

Like I've said my before.
My uncle who was a cop is the biggest hater of our police force.

He was a cop most of his working life and not one thing nice to.say about the police.

Mind you he was a cop from the 1970's - early 2000's.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I love the VK over the VL. They look more tough and beasty.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

I owned a 1979 4wd hilux for a while.
Lacked power steering.

It was awesome I actually felt like I was driving the vehicle and felt like I always had full control.

I loved having to actually STEER the wheel to turn corners.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I owned a 1979 4wd hilux for a while.
Lacked power steering.

It was awesome I actually felt like I was driving the vehicle and felt like I always had full control.

I loved having to actually STEER the wheel to turn corners.
Electronic Steering

Best Ever

Enough Said lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cars are good for way more than 100000kms nowadays.
What is a false economy though, is buying a “cheap” prestige or performance car because it’s got a lot of km’s on it.
Just because a car is selling for 1/10th if it’s list price doesn’t mean it’s a steal, especially when the water pumps $6000 the rotors are $3000 and the tyres are $600/corner.
A wise man once said to me “if you can’t afford to buy it new, you probably can’t afford to own it second hand”

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I love it. Like driving on air
It is more comfortable and lazy the way modern vehicles have all these power options no doubt.

But the rare times I drove a non power steering vehicle, I did enjoy it.
I guess it’s just more of a challenge?
You cannot get away driving half assed in an old hilux.
But the thing was solid like a tank.

I didn’t have to worry about having bad accident where I’d have major damage.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is more comfortable and lazy the way modern vehicles have all these power options no doubt.

But the rare times I drove a non power steering vehicle, I did enjoy it.
I guess it’s just more of a challenge?
You cannot get away driving half assed in an old hilux.
But the thing was solid like a tank.

I didn’t have to worry about having bad accident where I’d have major damage.
I can understand what you’re saying. I sometimes jump into one of our vehicles that’s manual and miss the feel of being able to control the vehicle.