Fox Sports Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos offered Boyd everything to retire, the prick said no.

After next year there is an option in his favour, but he has to play 15 FG games & I am hearing that won't happen.

No on wanted Bird or Macca.

Gillett's neck injury isn't healing as well as they thought it would, so he could retire.
I see the Trboz sticking with Manly with DCE moving to the Brissy.

Banned
Reaction score
We do not 'need' to pay anything.
It is our choice what we offer, indeed if we make an offer.
Hopefully LM is not one a serious offer is made to.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only us pursuing Latrell Mitchell for anywhere near 900K-1M. Either us or he stays at the Roosters for 700K. He's greedy and wants to retire in 10 years so we're big favourites there IF we want him. Rabbits can't afford him with Roberts and Gagai on their books already. Looks like Souths are chasing Frizell now to replace Burgess so Fifita may have a choice of Dogs at 1M or Warriors at 1M or staying at the Broncos for half that. His Mum would obviously prefer him to remain in Aust plus he has a few old school buddies in the Dogs lower grades so we're getting a stronger chance there. Turbo brothers will be sacrificing 500K per season if they stay at Manly maybe more and they haven't even tabled an offer yet so obviously they're struggling to be competitive

Both Turbos seem a priority for the Dogs board. If we got both we'd have to choose out of Fifita or Mitchell as the 3rd signing - can't afford both. I think we should try Tom Turbo, Mitchell and Fifita. If we get both Turbos next priority should be Mitchell as we definitely need a centre more than another forward although I think Fifita should be a much higher priority than Jake Turbo. Jake is solid but what we need is gamebreakers / someone who can create a try from nothing and Fifita is certainly that. Maybe the club thinks they can't get Tom without Jake though. During a recent interview though the bros said they realise they may have to split just like the Morris' did
Eels apparently also are prepared to outlay 11 mill over 10 years for mitchell...dont rule the eels out

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Eels apparently also are prepared to outlay 11 mill over 10 years for mitchell...dont rule the eels out
There is no way in hell eels could match any offer we throw out there. Moses on a heap, upgrades for Brown if they want to keep him with Warriors circling and the fact they want Matterson. Id say we are definately in the box seat if we are willing to pay anything over a mil.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting for all the dumb kennellers to scream at the board cause the turbo brothers who were never gonna leave manly are about to resign for for 6 years

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting for all the dumb kennellers to scream at the board cause the turbo brothers who were never gonna leave manly are about to resign for for 6 years
If it’s true we offered $10m/4yrs and they’ve accepted $13m/6yrs, that’s the best part of $200k each per year they’ve left on the table.

Pretty obvious they weren’t going anywhere, but at least we’ve forced the Beagles into cap issues long term with a third of their cap gone on 3 players

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I knew they weren't going to sign and never wanted them to come due to there massive price tag.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember the good ol days when players stayed and were loyal to one club and happily accepted match payments...
*sigh*

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember the good ol days when players stayed and were loyal to one club and happily accepted match payments...
*sigh*
In this day and age, why should anyone accept less then they are worth?

Would you stay loyal in a job where you are earning $120k and the same position was advertised elsewhere for $180k for another employer knowing you had all the skills required for that position?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this day and age, why should anyone accept less then they are worth?

Would you stay loyal in a job where you are earning $120k and the same position was advertised elsewhere for $180k for another employer knowing you had all the skills required for that position?
Yeah I know, but they were the good ol days when they wouldn't get suspended for a bit of push and shove and we still had real scrums. (That were dumbed down so channel 9 could fit in two more minutes of advertising)

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I know, but they were the good ol days when they wouldn't get suspended for a bit of push and shove and we still had real scrums. (That were dumbed down so channel 9 could fit in two more minutes of advertising)
I agree, the networks dictate everything now to the point where they will ultimately decide IF and WHEN the NRL needs a new team. It's effd.