News Fox Sports reporting that Sam Burgess retirement will be announced today

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like I said, it’s not just the Foran saga. There’s a lot of other things over the years that shows we have our tail between our legs / wings clipped etc.
I miss the ruthlessness we once had over the game
Agreed the club hasn’t been the same since the salary cap in 02 in my opinion. People like Noad, Greenberg and Castle took away that ruthless edge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Souths are cheering, bloke was pure piss this season. Wish Foz would fuck off like Sam.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
"It wasnt a pre-existing injury"... Sam hurt himself whacking off on his web-cam.
Can't wait to hear the complete fucking horseshit excuse that the NRL come up with to wipe his contract off the salary cap. What an absolute disgrace our sport has become.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cheating fucks... Retiring a dude who wants to go home because he ruined his marriage by sending dick picks to other women, couple that with retiring the alcoholic grog inglis...
So unfair that clubs like ours have to fix their cap over seasons and the nrl bends over backwards for their favourites to give them free reign in the market. Guaranteed if we tried something similar with Foran we'd get knocked back, hell Matai's shoulder was easily worse than Sam's and couldn't get cap relief.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh of course Souths are filing the medical retirement forms.
This is horseshit!!

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet he plays over in England too when it’s all forgotten about, either in league or union. If he does move back to England

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed the club hasn’t been the same since the salary cap in 02 in my opinion. People like Noad, Greenberg and Castle took away that ruthless edge.
110%

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who has a better legacy, Burgess or Graham?

Burgess: plays hard, squirrel grips, cheats on mrs

Graham: loyal, hard worker, top bloke

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheating fucks... Retiring a dude who wants to go home because he ruined his marriage by sending dick picks to other women, couple that with retiring the alcoholic grog inglis...
So unfair that clubs like ours have to fix their cap over seasons and the nrl bends over backwards for their favourites to give them free reign in the market. Guaranteed if we tried something similar with Foran we'd get knocked back, hell Matai's shoulder was easily worse than Sam's and couldn't get cap relief.
I don't think Foran wants to retire..... that is probably our biggest issue with trying to retire him medically.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who has a better legacy, Burgess or Graham?

Burgess: plays hard, squirrel grips, cheats on mrs

Graham: loyal, hard worker, top bloke
You have to give it to Burgess unfortunately if we won in 2014 it might have been different.

Plus to be fair Graham wasn't exactly a saint when it comes to grubby stuff.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think Foran wants to retire..... that is probably our biggest issue with trying to retire him medically.
I understand this and it's been mentioned alot, it's just an example that we'd get knocked back if both parties were after the same thing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It must be nice to have the league in your back pocket and being able to get every rule broken any time you want.

They really should just make it a four team Super Cheaters comp between Brisbane, Souths, The Rorters and Melbourne and get it over and done with already.

If the other 12 clubs had any self respect or brains they'd do something about the continual blatant cheating and preferential treatment but instead they do nothing, cop it up the ass and are content being feeder clubs for the other four clubs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Big loss for bunnies if true, big impact and presence in that team/club !!

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
normally I wouldn't give a shit about the accepted favourite teams, but this could (maybe only could) mean us missing out on recruiting a player that we have targeted eg. thompson

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will MeDiCaLly ReTiRe, then within a years time he will be playing in England and the NRL won't bat an eyelid.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely they can’t medically retire him. He’s had shoulder injuries since 2010! A lot of clubs weren’t happy with the Inglis retirement.

I don’t understand the whole medically retired scenario. So if he is approved by the NRL he gets paid out his 1.2 mil a season but not against the cap? But if the NRL don’t approve it he still gets his money but it’s counted in the cap, is that right?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol you think Burgess wants to retire? He has more footy heart than Foran will ever have. But when you get a deal you can’t refuse, sometimes that sways a person
Let’s face it, we don’t have power anymore. Not just this year.
We used to get what we want whenever we want, we are puppies now.
Just hoping the glory days are around the corner as I can only do so much to keep my next generation following the club
Heres a contender for stupid comment of the week.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You say Burgess has more footy heart and he’s the one that has pulled the pin for money bit of a contradiction there...
Foran shows plenty of ticker in the field and if they don’t want to retire you can’t force them.
Well said.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely they can’t medically retire him. He’s had shoulder injuries since 2010! A lot of clubs weren’t happy with the Inglis retirement.

I don’t understand the whole medically retired scenario. So if he is approved by the NRL he gets paid out his 1.2 mil a season but not against the cap? But if the NRL don’t approve it he still gets his money but it’s counted in the cap, is that right?
That's exactly what happens... which is why it's a load of shit.

Who conducts the medical before a contract is signed? an NRL doctor or the club doctor?