Fox Sports Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can't afford him and Grant, if paying overs!
Yes we can!

All that extra stuff is good and all but it's <1% why a player would join. Success and/or money is the other 99%.

The e.g. you've given is like saying someone in high school is picking a subject because their friend did. At the end of the day they need to do what's best for them and their future.

Last edited:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im hearing Boyd isn't going anywhere and the only way Bird will go is if someone is prepared to pay. Heard Gillett is on the list though.
Broncos offered Boyd everything to retire, the prick said no.

After next year there is an option in his favour, but he has to play 15 FG games & I am hearing that won't happen.

No on wanted Bird or Macca.

Gillett's neck injury isn't healing as well as they thought it would, so he could retire.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

The Bulldogs are about to launch a spending spree.
The Bulldogs are about to launch a spending spree.
The cashed-up Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are preparing to open the cheque book for 2021 with the club set to launch a $14 million raid on Manly’s Trobjevic brothers and Brisbane Broncos teenage superstar David Fifita.

Fox Sports has learned the Bulldogs plan to try to entice Jake and Tom Trobjevic away from the Sea Eagles by tabling a four-year package deal worth $10 million for the NSW State of Origin siblings.

Canterbury-Bankstown officials also intend to offer Junior Kangaroos captain Fifita a four-year deal worth $1 million per season.

The Bulldogs have been in a salary cap debacle for the past two years but will finally be able to become a serious player again for the 2021 season.

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay told NRL 360 earlier this year the club needed to sit back and bide its time before making a major play for some big-name recruits.

Fox Sports has been told Tom Trobjevic will be offered a deal worth around the $1.4 million per season mark while brother Jake will be offered around $1.1 million.

The Bulldogs made contact with the Trobjevic brothers’ agent, Paul Sutton, in August to set up a meeting but the club was told the Sea Eagles siblings were not interested in leaving Manly.

Irrespective, the Bulldogs plan to again pursue the negotiations as the November 1 deadline looms for rival clubs to register contracts for 2021.

Canterbury-Bankstown and the Sea Eagles have a volatile recent history in terms of contract negotiations, with the Bulldogs famously enticing coach Des Hasler to leave Manly in 2012 after guiding the Sea Eagles to a premiership.

Hasler then steered Canterbury-Bankstown to two grand finals in 2012 and 2014 before being sacked by the club at the end of the 2016 season.

The two-time premiership-winning coach then successfully sued the Bulldogs for a figure believed to be more than $1 million after the club had earlier agreed to give him a two-year extension for 2017 and 2018.

The Bulldogs will also join the likes of the Roosters, Rabbitohs and Warriors in attempting to land the prized signature of Broncos young gun Fifita.

And don’t discount Canterbury-Bankstown still being interested in signing Roosters and Kangaroos centre Latrell Mitchell.

The Bulldogs made an approach to Mitchell through a third-party midway through the year and floated the possibility of a 10-year-deal to switch to Belmore.

A five-year deal was also discussed with the offer believed to be valued at more than $1 million per season.

The Bulldogs will no doubt try and deny the figures being thrown up for 2021 but Fox Sports has spoken to Canterbury-Bankstown officials who have confirmed the club’s interest in the Trobjevic brothers and Fifita.
Nice to dream big but aint gonna happen, The Turbo bros are Brookie boys through and through and have publicly stated many times they aren’t leaving Manly and they will both be one club players, Manly and Des know this and can take their time to sort the cap space out to re sign them. Personally I would give my left nut for both Turbos but looks like I will keeping the jewels in the missus handbag Fifita is a brissie boy and so is his mother and he’s come out in public and said the decision is hers so he wont be leaving Jana Banana either. I think Pay is trying to bump their price tags up so we can snag a couple of good up and comers once clubs sign these moots!

Banned
Reaction score
Finally a few see what I suspect is happening :grinning:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fifita doesn't believe he is a million dollar player.

He has said he is a 'rookie' & hasn't earnt the large pay ATM.

But who knows, it could be all talk.
What players say in front of the cameras and what they actually think in their heads are two totally different things! He just doesn’t want loyal Broncos fans thinking he’s a money grubbing prick once he signs a richer contract with another club...

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos offered Boyd everything to retire, the prick said no.

After next year there is an option in his favour, but he has to play 15 FG games & I am hearing that won't happen.

No on wanted Bird or Macca.

Gillett's neck injury isn't healing as well as they thought it would, so he could retire.
Yeah all that bar the Boyd situation I heard the same. But could be a mix up, either way they are in more trouble releasing players than they'd like to be.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can we get Fifita cheap then?
Nope, Broncs already have money set aside for Fifita. Just depends on whether he'll accept lower $$ to stay.
Others in the squad may become available for 2021 though that they wanted to keep.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T Turbo
Smith
DWZ
Hoppa
Meaney
Foran
Lewis
Napa
JMK
To'maga
Jackson
Fifita
JTurbo

CHN, RFM, Stimson, Ogden
I'd prefer this team for 100-200K less as it would be more dangerous in attack. Strike fullback, strike centre plus 2 strike backrowers + Foran and Cogger to create opportunities. DWZ's main strength is his kick returns. We'd still get some from the wing but at centre he'd be wasted.

Tom Turbo
DWZ
Will Hopoate
Latrell Mitchell
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran
Jack Cogger / Lewis
Dylan Napa
JMK
Renouf Toomaga
CHN
David Fifita
Josh Jackson

RFM, Stimson, Ogden, Britt

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll say it again they'll sign no one
Only us pursuing Latrell Mitchell for anywhere near 900K-1M. Either us or he stays at the Roosters for 700K. He's greedy and wants to retire in 10 years so we're big favourites there IF we want him. Rabbits can't afford him with Roberts and Gagai on their books already. Looks like Souths are chasing Frizell now to replace Burgess so Fifita may have a choice of Dogs at 1M or Warriors at 1M or staying at the Broncos for half that. His Mum would obviously prefer him to remain in Aust plus he has a few old school buddies in the Dogs lower grades so we're getting a stronger chance there. Turbo brothers will be sacrificing 500K per season if they stay at Manly maybe more and they haven't even tabled an offer yet so obviously they're struggling to be competitive

Both Turbos seem a priority for the Dogs board. If we got both we'd have to choose out of Fifita or Mitchell as the 3rd signing - can't afford both. I think we should try Tom Turbo, Mitchell and Fifita. If we get both Turbos next priority should be Mitchell as we definitely need a centre more than another forward although I think Fifita should be a much higher priority than Jake Turbo. Jake is solid but what we need is gamebreakers / someone who can create a try from nothing and Fifita is certainly that. Maybe the club thinks they can't get Tom without Jake though. During a recent interview though the bros said they realise they may have to split just like the Morris' did

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well they need to land one marquee before the elections along with a major sponsor
Only us pursuing Latrell Mitchell for anywhere near 900K-1M. Either us or he stays at the Roosters for 700K. He's greedy and wants to retire in 10 years so we're big favourites there IF we want him. Rabbits can't afford him with Roberts and Gagai on their books already. Looks like Souths are chasing Frizell now to replace Burgess so Fifita may have a choice of Dogs at 1M or Warriors at 1M or staying at the Broncos for half that. His Mum would obviously prefer him to remain in Aust plus he has a few old school buddies in the Dogs lower grades so we're getting a stronger chance there. Turbo brothers will be sacrificing 500K per season if they stay at Manly maybe more and they haven't even tabled an offer yet so obviously they're struggling to be competitive

Both Turbos seem a priority for the Dogs board. If we got both we'd have to choose out of Fifita or Mitchell as the 3rd signing - can't afford both. I think we should try Tom Turbo, Mitchell and Fifita. If we get both Turbos next priority should be Mitchell as we definitely need a centre more than another forward although I think Fifita should be a much higher priority than Jake Turbo. Jake is solid but what we need is gamebreakers / someone who can create a try from nothing and Fifita is certainly that. Maybe the club thinks they can't get Tom without Jake though. During a recent interview though the bros said they realise they may have to split just like the Morris' did

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd prefer this team for 100-200K less as it would be more dangerous in attack. Strike fullback, strike centre plus 2 strike backrowers + Foran and Cogger to create opportunities. DWZ's main strength is his kick returns. We'd still get some from the wing but at centre he'd be wasted.

Tom Turbo
DWZ
Will Hopoate
Latrell Mitchell
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran
Jack Cogger / Lewis
Dylan Napa
JMK
Renouf Toomaga
CHN
David Fifita
Josh Jackson

RFM, Stimson, Ogden, Britt
That Prop rotation is pretty weak.

A question mark on the Halves - not much we can do about it tho. Ideally we'd like to buy a 1m Halfback but there isn't any.

JMK 80 minute Hooker I'm not sold on yet - needs to improve his service, getting the flow of the game (control) and his deception at the ruck. I guess it'd be nice for him to have a bit more of a kicking game too. Very limited recruitment options for Hooker - Harry Grant's been my go to.

Those are the areas we're going to sacrifice if we buy three 1m+ players (using your team). Besides that it's a good team.

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The turbos are rusted on to manly, there is no way they would exchange the northern beaches for "sunny downtown Belmore..."

Banned
Reaction score
Thank goodness for that.
We don't need million dollar injury prone players.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell?
Nothing concrete just yet. We have someone in the club leaking rubbish to the media. We are going to struggle to sign top shelf players unless we double up on offers made to them.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nothing concrete just yet. We have someone in the club leaking rubbish to the media. We are going to struggle to sign top shelf players unless we double up on offers made to them.
We wouldn't have to offer Latrell 1.4-1.6m. That's rubbish.

We don't have to "double up" but we do need to pay at least 200k more for "top shelf players".