You can now use your smartphone as ID in NSW

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You know, the movie i, Robot (2004) which is set in 2035 suggested that the future will be very automated. Self-driving cars, robots for every household, and a bunch of other things that appeared too advanced for that time. We are currently in 2019, and with every passing year, it appears that everything suggested in i, Robot will happen well before 2035.
That movie was based on a book published in 1950. Talk about ahead of its time!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Google was a joke 20 years ago for different reasons it is a joke today.

I remember me and my brother laughing about using google as a last resort search engine close to 20 years ago.

Before we knew it google became standard on all browsing software and we were scratching our heads wondering wtf happened to all other search engines?
they all died in the ass because they are shit... I remember using ask Jeeves back in the day

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google was a joke 20 years ago for different reasons it is a joke today.

I remember me and my brother laughing about using google as a last resort search engine close to 20 years ago.

Before we knew it google became standard on all browsing software and we were scratching our heads wondering wtf happened to all other search engines?

They blew them off the park essentially... it's funny because a lot of their programmers work with programmers from Yahoo, Bing etc in developing new standards for web d

Google have been going crazy the past few years... every day I log on their are new features for Chrome, and their algorithms are constantly being tweaked to the point that nobody can really keep up... screw working in SEO

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
they all died in the ass because they are shit... I remember using ask Jeeves back in the day
Ask jeeves was rubbish.

I used to.fuck around with it the way kids fuck around with siri today!

Tucows and alta vista were pretty decent in the mid-late 90s.

But I'm talking old internet here.
Times have changed.
Won't say for better or worse? But they've changed.

Just like your girlfriend when she becomes your wife!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just ask my Wife now anyway, she knows more than Jeeves and Siri :tonguewink:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They blew them off the park essentially... it's funny because a lot of their programmers work with programmers from Yahoo, Bing etc in developing new standards for web d

Google have been going crazy the past few years... every day I log on their are new features for Chrome, and their algorithms are constantly being tweaked to the point that nobody can really keep up... screw working in SEO
Did you know that those CAPTCHA forms where you click the boxes that contain traffic lights etc are being used for machine learning?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I just ask my Wife now anyway, she knows more than Jeeves and Siri :tonguewink:
Ask jeeves was rubbish.

I used to.fuck around with it the way kids fuck around with siri today!

Tucows and alta vista were pretty decent in the mid-late 90s.

But I'm talking old internet here.
Times have changed.
Won't say for better or worse? But they've changed.

Just like your girlfriend when she becomes your wife!
I remember back in the day I used to use Yahoo all the time as my primary search engine. In fact it was my home page. Then they went all Yahoo7 crazy and things turned to shit. I also tried Mamma.com - LOL at that website today.

I thought I'd give Google a go circa 2002 and haven't looked back since - found everything on there.

However I will choose Firefox over Chrome any day - I still use it to this day for some features.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you know that those CAPTCHA forms where you click the boxes that contain traffic lights etc are being used for machine learning?

nope, but that doesn't surprise me.. most of their tech has something nefarious taking place in the back end

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember back in the day I used to use Yahoo all the time as my primary search engine. In fact it was my home page. Then they went all Yahoo7 crazy and things turned to shit. I also tried Mamma.com - LOL at that website today.

I thought I'd give Google a go circa 2002 and haven't looked back since - found everything on there.

However I will choose Firefox over Chrome any day - I still use it to this day for some features.
How could I forget yahoo and their merger with 7?
Even MSN was a good go to before they merged with 9.

The internet despite only being dial up I think was better for information and hardly any restrictions in the 90s than it is today.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
And @Wahesh 2002 is the year googles sails picked up wind.
Yeah that sounds about right. I remember I was studying website design in early 2003 so I thrashed the shit out of google for all my resources using reliable old Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 lol.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds about right. I remember I was studying website design in early 2003 so I thrashed the shit out of google for all my resources using reliable old Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 lol.

Memories :disrelieved:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's the down side?

If you ask me - forking out $150 for a hard copy of a license is a rort. Especially with how chat the plastic is. I have had to replace mine twice.
150 to replace? What a rip!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Man I remember when I was in highschool I used to think I was so hectic because I knew how to create an a tag... how times have changed