News The Bulldogs have visited Papua New Guinea for the eighth year in a row to help the community.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have visited Papua New Guinea for the eighth year in a row to help the community.

Jayden Okunbor, Jack Cogger, Reni Maitua, Frank Pritchard, Daniel Holdsworth and Corey Payne were amongst the travelling party who visited Kavieng.

The group helped to build a school and made connections with the community through rugby league. Businesses in Australia and PNG help this happen every year.

A big shout out to the Bulldogs Well-being and Education Manager Steve Pikes for organising the trip again.

https://www.facebook.com/FootySmile...4ohWJMOjUUYOsOV2KpnizZ1r9LSbKPz_-UQ&__tn__=-R

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great initiative, good to tap into these areas for possible talent

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to see some of the old boys still wanting to do ambassadorial work for the club.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Awesome work by team an club,, now let’s visit some players, and make some good signings to keep the positivity rolling as well :hearteyes:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why'd they paint the Kia logo?

Other than that, outstanding work from the club and the boys.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love how people assume this means we will get all their top talent??? Haha sure buddy...

the best fullback for PNG just signed with Souths.

their five eight who is off contract isn’t even linked to our club.

dreamers!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love how people assume this means we will get all their top talent??? Haha sure buddy...

the best fullback for PNG just signed with Souths.

their five eight who is off contract isn’t even linked to our club.

dreamers!
It’s called sowing the seed mate

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if it doesn't result in a single quality player from PNG signing with us, it's a good way to keep the players grounded. I never had much appreciation for the quality of life we enjoy here until I saw some places in the world where life is a struggle but people are still happy.

Kudos to the club and the players who have arranged this and given up their time to participate. Just seeing the jersey painted on the side of the building tells me that these visits mean a lot to the locals that we're helping.

Plenty of people may wish the world was a better place, but not enough people are willing to go out and play a part in making it better. I'm really proud of our club for any effort they've made to help those less fortunate.

Banned
Reaction score
A great initiative that will help maintain perspective for our current and retired players.