News SBW fields staggering $9 million offer from Toronto Wolfpack

Banned
Reaction score
[
$BW is such a great man with such integrity that he'll turn down this deal to honour his "handshake" or "gentleman's agreement" with us remember?

Even if the real offer from Toronto is half of that, he or anyone else would have to take it at this stage of their career. That's crazy money.

Either way I'm excited that Toronto are in the ESL and the interest in Canada is legitimate so it's huge for the code. Too bad the NRL can't even add another team in Perth...
Wonder how Toad Greedberg is going to explain that an Aussie is behind this teams finances, rather than an Aussie based team, like you know, Perth ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was going to play for us next year but this is what will change his mind then it's a shame for us Dogs fans. Can't blame him for taking such a deal at the end of his career. He could have taught our other forwards a lot next year

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think this marquee player system of the ESL is a great idea. Like get your one player and pay them what you want. A million a season. A million a game. Like do what you want.

not sure why nrl doesn’t implement it. NRL is the premier league in the world yet we restrict the earning capacity of the top players. Fair enough there isn’t enough money or players to have no cap in place. But 1 marquee player who counts for 300-400k on the cap and the rest is do as you choose. Big fan of that system. And would eliminate some of the rorting. Gives teams like dogs a chance to flex their financial muscle instead of losing out bidding wars to teams that don’t operate under the cap system.

and with 16 marquee players you will actually spread the talent. Instead of having a handful of teams that circumvent the cap (through tpa).

NRL wake up.

not that any club could pay 4.5 million a season to a player. But I have no doubt Tedesco could get 2 million a year if a club has influential sponsors.

I also like the nba soft cap/hard cap and luxury tax system. If you want to go over it then you will pay for it.

the nrl has the worst system. And it is obviously rorted regularly. Funny no many other sports have such a farcical system and rorts.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's bullshit! Uncle Nick has at least 3 players earning that type of money, the only difference is no one knows about it..................yet

Last edited:

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he turns that down to join us, then I’m sure that will instantly make a lot of fans at least respect him a little.

But he’d be stupid not to take that offer.
I hope to god he never wears the blue and white jersey ever again.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he does come back to dogs we will win the nba finals but we dont have a quarterback