News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’d hope if Mitchell comes over its incentive based. If he makes team of the year, origin, kangaroos then give him 1-1.1 million.

If he just shows up and looks lazy (gets overweight) then he loses his bonus (say base of 750k). Guy can be damaging and a game changer. But has shown in his short career footy has never been his focus. And I think getting 4-5 million over 4 years could be the thing that pushes him over the edge in terms of commitment. Guy is so close to the next Inglis it’s scary. And that’s not a compliment.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because the Knights want to offer Jacko $900k+ doesn't mean we should. I love the guy but if it's one final payday he is after which he thoroughly deserves then so be it I'd be ok to lose him. An ageing Jacko $900k OR a young Fifita who is yet to hit his prime $900k?
Totally agree. Not worth matching those kinds of money for anyone on our current roster

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You’d hope if Mitchell comes over its incentive based. If he makes team of the year, origin, kangaroos then give him 1-1.1 million.

If he just shows up and looks lazy (gets overweight) then he loses his bonus (say base of 750k). Guy can be damaging and a game changer. But has shown in his short career footy has never been his focus. And I think getting 4-5 million over 4 years could be the thing that pushes him over the edge in terms of commitment. Guy is so close to the next Inglis it’s scary. And that’s not a compliment.
Precisely why I don’t want him at Belmore.
Too much potential for She-Rex 2.0.
If we sign him I’ll load up my plate with humble pie and we’ll see how it turns out. But if it were my call, the answer would be no thanks.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we sign him I’ll load up my plate with humble pie and we’ll see how it turns out. But if it were my call, the answer would be no thanks.
Yeh I agree. The guy could be anything. I just fear with the money in the bank he might give less effort. If that is even possible.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Problem is you'd have to leave that money spare in the salary cap in case he made all those teams.. only thing you could maybe do is say to him you get 1mil each year but If you miss origin/Aus you dip to 700k the next year..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem is you'd have to leave that money spare in the salary cap in case he made all those teams.. only thing you could maybe do is say to him you get 1mil each year but If you miss origin/Aus you dip to 700k the next year..
Yeh. It work for the next year. Then you’ll have 400k to pick up a player. But yeh I know what you mean. You’d have to expect him to make the 1.2 and if he doesn’t need to juggle things for the next year. Instead of looking for money to hold up your end.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather an out of form latrell mitchell on our books than the current lot we have playing now.
The guy is a freak, can kick goals, set up or score match winning tries and like running into a brick wall when defending.. all this when out of form ( grand final case in point)

Let's hinge our future on one bad signing in t-rex get, just get over it and move on.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have to believe that our management is in a better position to make decisions on our roster than previously and we shouldn't pass judgement on them for the mistakes of past boards. If anything, because of the mess inherited I believe that repeating such blunders is something all of them are doing their best to avoid.

Is Mitchel worth X amount?

Look. The single issue I have is that the club needs to avoid putting X amount to a player who's yet to prove themselves at the club, with the X amount being inflated when compared to other players in the club. Ideally we'd get out own house in order first and ensure those players who've been with us for a while, shown loyalty AND form through our darkest hours get rewarded for that. Otherwise signing big named players could create disharmony within the team. It's not about signing superstars, it's about signing the players that complement the TEAM.

If that's done first and the club decide spending big $$$ on Mitchell is the way forward then the club need to be backed. I would hope they're not going to throw crazy money at him, and judging by our stance so far I wouldn't say they will. A signing like this would definitely bring positive focus to the club, there's no doubt about that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would rather an out of form latrell mitchell on our books than the current lot we have playing now.
The guy is a freak, can kick goals, set up or score match winning tries and like running into a brick wall when defending.. all this when out of form ( grand final case in point)

Let's hinge our future on one bad signing in t-rex get, just get over it and move on.
We can't afford to have an out-of-form anyone on our books my bro.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then let's hope we do not repeat the last 2 years of poor starts to the season and only start hitting form when the pressure is off when nearly impossible to make the finals.
In fact i believe we should play at least 3 trials before season proper
We can't afford to have an out-of-form anyone on our books my bro.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would prefer the incentives be based on the success of the team...if he plays well enough and gets us into the top 4, the gf etc, his personal accolades will follow anyway.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate it’s 110% true as long he doesn’t do a

110% true only if he doesn’t do api ..in the dogs
Perfect get out there my friend. "As long as he doesn't do an Api" which tells me you're full of it ...

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve “heard” from a very good info provider that he’s coming and also a winger who is very close with him who currently plays for an out of NSW club....