News 2020 Draw

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Lowdown
Teams they play twice
Eels, Cowboys, Tigers, Sharks, Rabbitohs, Warriors, Sea Eagles, Dragons, Knights.

Teams they play once
Raiders, Broncos, Titans, Storm, Roosters, Panthers.

Day-by-day breakdown
Thursday - 4, Friday - 5, Saturday - 11, Sunday - 3, Monday - 1.

Five-day turnarounds
1: (Round 14).

Kick-off
Canterbury won't mind their first month at all (Eels, Cowboys, Tigers, Sharks), having beaten those four sides at least once in 2019. They open the season against Parramatta at Bankwest before hosting North Queensland at ANZ. Another derby against Wests Tigers follows at Bankwest again before taking on Cronulla again at ANZ. The Bulldogs won't leave Sydney until Anzac Day.

Five key match-ups
Eels (Round 1, Bankwest Stadium; Round 6, ANZ Stadium): Western Sydney's most famed rivalry kicks off our season in 2020. Just think about that Bankwest atmosphere for a second, then cancel all plans for March 12. Both sides look to be on the up next year after a lot of one-way traffic in this historic stoush – Parramatta won eight of nine clashes between 2007-11, then Canterbury claimed nine of the next 10 up until 2016, before the Eels ran out victors in six of the last eight.

Rabbitohs (Round 5, ANZ Stadium; Round 15, ANZ Stadium): The Good Friday game always goes well, and Canterbury's late 2019 resurgence saw them knock off the finals-bound Bunnies. It'll be the last one right next to the Easter Show for a while, too, with ANZ Stadium being redeveloped midway through the year.

Sea Eagles (Round 10, Belmore Sports Ground): No doubt it still stings a wee bit for Canterbury fans to see Des Hasler flying high at Manly once more while their club only just emerges out of the salary cap mess that ended his tenure. The Sea Eagles were narrow victors in their one clash in 2019 so the Bulldogs would love to return the favour in their annual Back to Belmore game.

Storm (Round 18, HBF Park, Perth): The first instalment in Canterbury's three-year commitment to take a game to WA. The Dogs have punched above their weight against the NRL heavyweights in recent times, pushing them all the way in an 18-16 loss in Melbourne last year and also at Belmore in 2017 as well.

Panthers (Round 23, Bankwest Stadium): Canterbury will boast a decent ex-Panthers contingent in 2020, with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Corey Harawira-Naera joined by Sione Katoa. New Penrith hooker Api Koroisau almost joined them in blue and white too until Ivan Cleary swooped late in negotiations.

Toughest stretch

It's a fairly even spread for the Bulldogs this year - but back-to-back clashes with Melbourne in Perth and then the Roosters at the SCG looms large in late July, followed by Newcastle and Cronulla in a tough month.

And another thing

Their last month is a handy one to finish with, especially if they're still in the finals hunt. None of the Dragons, Panthers, Tigers and Knights featured in the finals this year, though there could well be a top-eight spot on the line at some point in that run in 2020.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shows how fucking retarded the NRL are in regards to magic round. The teams that sacrificed home games last year should be the away teams this year. And the away teams this year be the hone team. Surely it’s not that fucking hard but they fuck it up again!

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shows how fucking retarded the NRL are in regards to magic round. The teams that sacrificed home games last year should be the away teams this year. And the away teams this year be the hone team. Surely it’s not that fucking hard but they fuck it up again!

Have you seen that the First Roosters v Raiders game is in Perth? Takes the heat off the referees if one of the wombats who screwed up the Grand Final are appointed to that game. Sneaky decision or a good conspiracy theory? They play again 4 weeks later in Canberra.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good draw. Only playing Roosters, Storm and Raiders once. The start of the season doesn't look too bad either just need to capitalise on it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes just like the good old days,
It would be nice to see a few stiff arms or perhaps an all in brawl at the very first scrum
We will show those brothers real grit that day.
Not a Dogs v Manly without a couple of all ins in the first 10min... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Straight out if u missed out on this era then fark me you missed out!
93-95 was awesome footy it’s my favourite era it might have helped that we had a gun team too.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Got a feeling the nrl gave us a good draw as we are needed to boost tv ratings which have dropped

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow, that’s a great draw for us. I’m stoked with that.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good draw. Only playing Roosters, Storm and Raiders once. The start of the season doesn't look too bad either just need to capitalise on it.
Yeah, the start of the season is very good with no travel out of Sydney in the first 6 rounds. Our run home looks pretty good too. We also don't play the Roosters or Storm till later in the season, albeit in consecutive weeks, but both games are in Sydney. And we don't have to play Canberra down in the ice.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets start the season how we finished, playing like it was life or death winning games we had no right to win, Pay is on to something

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Round 1: versing Parra... I look forward to this game! My favourite bulldogs game for 2019 was round 23, parra v bulldogs at BankWest Stadium! I was at this game and it had it all with the final score bulldogs 12 - Parra 6 it was a top game in a great Atmosphere and was a nail biter to the very end. I am so looking forward to their next match up!
Couldnt agree more Maria. It was my favourite game from 2019 as well...especially when Jacko let Nathan Brown know hes a dog and we wont put up with his crap...then Browns nanny also had a go at him....hahaha. Nothing better than putting 1 over those dumb eels supporters who obviously have no idea of the rules judging by their comments at the game. Bring it on....lets start 2020 by establishing ourselves as a tough footy team. I will be there. Lets all get there to cheer on our boys!!!!

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more Maria. It was my favourite game from 2019 as well...especially when Jacko let Nathan Brown know hes a dog and we wont put up with his crap...then Browns nanny also had a go at him....hahaha. Nothing better than putting 1 over those dumb eels supporters who obviously have no idea of the rules judging by their comments at the game. Bring it on....lets start 2020 by establishing ourselves as a tough footy team. I will be there. Lets all get there to cheer on our boys!!!!
Did you notice how abusive the Parra supporters We’re that night? Sore losers!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reach out to Bulldogs fans far and wide, what a great sight a sea of blue and white would be to kick off 2020 while our boys make easy work of Parramatta 8-)