Where would you settle down?

Where would you settle down?

• Total voters

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
WTF damn. Guess I aint moving to Sydney anytime soon hahaha.
Don’t blame you! Heard on the radio few months back that Sydney was the second most expensive city in the world and Melbourne was in the top 10 to, but don’t remember what number it ranked! Maybe it’s time to consider living overseas! Lol so what was the weather like in Singapore? LOL

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t blame you! Heard on the radio few months back that Sydney was the second most expensive city in the world and Melbourne was in the top 10 to, but don’t remember what number it ranked! Maybe it’s time to consider living overseas! Lol so what was the weather like in Singapore? LOL
I'd like to check out Canada one day. Had some people from where I work move there and love it. everyone who visits love it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh no, not Singapore lol. I mean I know it's a nice city and pretty cheap, however the weather is the knock-out blow for me. It's hot and humid. I wouldn't be able to survive there. Just ask @Lov_Dog for clarification :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'd like to check out Canada one day. Had some people from where I work move there and love it. everyone who visits love it.
A lot of Aussies love Canada because there's snow, snow, and more snow! We never get to experience anything like that here. It snows there in the middle of Summer. I've actually experienced that in Switzerland though - now there's a country I would move to :grinning:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of Aussies love Canada because there's snow, snow, and more snow! We never get to experience anything like that here. It snows there in the middle of Summer. I've actually experienced that in Switzerland though - now there's a country I would move to :grinning:
Oh for sure would be nice.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh for sure would be nice.
I've never felt safer anywhere else bro. The man of every household must (by law) know how to operate a hand gun, their mountains have explosives in them in case other countries try to invade by road, and they are as neutral as you get.

I remember waking up one fine Summer morning there (the cottage we were staying in was at the bottom of a valley), you walk outside, and the grass is as green as it gets (grass is greener on the other side lol), and you have 70+ waterfalls in the Lauterbrunnen valley resulting from the melting snow on the alps all culminating to a large body of fresh water which creates a river streaming right down the middle of the valley, and a nice old-fashioned wooden bridge for you to walk over.

A short 10 minute stroll into town, jump on the train, and you escalate up the alps seeing the cows with bells around their necks as you go up.

Once you get to the top, you can walk outside onto the snow field and do whatever you want... grab a snowboard, grab some skis, go on a husky sleigh ride (yep, I did), and have the time of your life.

Words cannot describe the beauty of that country!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've never felt safer anywhere else bro. The man of every household must (by law) know how to operate a hand gun, their mountains have explosives in them in case other countries try to invade by road, and they are as neutral as you get.

I remember waking up one fine Summer morning there (the cottage we were staying in was at the bottom of a valley), you walk outside, and the grass is as green as it gets (grass is greener on the other side lol), and you have 70+ waterfalls in the Lauterbrunnen valley resulting from the melting snow on the alps all culminating to a large body of fresh water which creates a river streaming right down the middle of the valley, and a nice old-fashioned wooden bridge for you to walk over.

A short 10 minute stroll into town, jump on the train, and you escalate up the alps seeing the cows with bells around their necks as you go up.

Once you get to the top, you can walk outside onto the snow field and do whatever you want... grab a snowboard, grab some skis, go on a husky sleigh ride (yep, I did), and have the time of your life.

That sounds and looks amazing. Definitely going to check that place out one day.
I have heard it is a safe place and heard the same about the firearm laws are a "must have" by law.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have been there! It is very much like Sydney but it was freezing!!
I don't mind the cold (nothing like it would be over their I know) but id like to check it out. I said to the missus we should move to Alaska, she wasn't a fan of that idea. :-)

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

That’s is one place That is on my bucket list!

Wahesh

Reaction score
That sounds and looks amazing. Definitely going to check that place out one day.
I have heard it is a safe place and heard the same about the firearm laws are a "must have" by law.
Switzerland is the perfect example of a country that has firearms with laws. The USA could learn a lot from them!

Wahesh

Reaction score
That’s is one place That is on my bucket list!
It's on my bucket list to return there - it's that beautiful.

Being someone who enjoys travelling and the great outdoors, while I'm in that corner of the world, I might also try out this. Longest toboggan ride on Earth :D

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Switzerland is the perfect example of a country that has firearms with laws. The USA could learn a lot from them!
I am a huge believer in being able to protect your family so its a bonus that's for sure.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
26-31 on the daily, feels like 30-39!

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/worlds-most-expensive-cities-2019/index.html

Singapore def ain't cheap ! But the lifestyle is super safe here with minimal crime; can't put a price on that!

Oh no, not Singapore lol. I mean I know it's a nice city and pretty cheap, however the weather is the knock-out blow for me. It's hot and humid. I wouldn't be able to survive there. Just ask @Lov_Dog for clarification :D
Hey @Wahesh, I'm glad to hear you found Singapore cheap! You must but on a good wicket!! Or, you perhaps you sashayed away from the alcohol, fine dining and live music/entertainment here?
What is cheap > public transport and hawker food! These are to be widely and thoroughly enjoyed!

The weather is FREE 8-)

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hey @Wahesh, I'm glad to hear you found Singapore cheap! You must but on a good wicket!! Or, you perhaps you sashayed away from the alcohol, fine dining and live music/entertainment here?
What is cheap > public transport and hawker food! These are to be widely and thoroughly enjoyed!

The weather is FREE 8-)
I've heard it's cheap - unless they were specifically referring to the alcohol - I can't remember lol. I do know that last time I was there, the airport wasn't cheap, but let's face it... which airport is?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The difference is that the swiss do national service,so if you dont go to uni or higher education you do two years in the military. After that they are issued with full field kit inc grenades etc to keep in the house.no dole no social service no tax payer funded hand outs very little unemployment and next to zero crime,we could learn a lot from them!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
The difference is that the swiss do national service,so if you dont go to uni or higher education you do two years in the military. After that they are issued with full field kit inc grenades etc to keep in the house.no dole no social service no tax payer funded hand outs very little unemployment and next to zero crime,we could learn a lot from them!!
They don't take shit from anyone. It's little wonder why the Swiss guards are used to protect the Pope.