Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What's there to explain? He kicked Mane. By kicking him he stopped Mane from going towards the ball. Stonewall penalty. Sorry.
you should explain why its not a foul by mane for taking out aurier when he was trying to clear the ball, aurier wasn't exactly on the ball but he was more on the ball than mane before mane stuck his foot in there which caused contact

like i said imagine a player in on goal then the defender slides his foot in front of the ball as the player is about to shoot, so he kicks the defender and both go down, you're saying that is a foul against the attacking player? complete nonsense

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
you should explain why its not a foul by mane for taking out aurier when he was trying to clear the ball, aurier wasn't exactly on the ball but he was more on the ball than mane before mane stuck his foot in there which caused contact

like i said imagine a player in on goal then the defender slides his foot in front of the ball as the player is about to shoot, so he kicks the defender and both go down, you're saying that is a foul against the attacking player? complete nonsense
You asked me to explain why it was given a penalty and I have. He kicked Mane. Stonewall.

It was unlucky in some ways for him as there wasn't intent and he didn't know Mane had got back up so quickly. But ... he stopped Mane from going towards the ball by kicking him in the calf.

Whether he was 'more on the ball or not' Mane was obviously in front of him for the ball when Aurier kicked him. No?

See what you're saying but simply don't agree. Not because it's Liverpool but I just can't see how he'd give it any other way. Had the tables been turned and Spurs got a penalty for the same situation I wouldn't have argued.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You asked me to explain why it was given a penalty and I have. He kicked Mane. Stonewall.

It was unlucky in some ways for him as there wasn't intent and he didn't know Mane had got back up so quickly. But ... he stopped Mane from going towards the ball by kicking him in the calf.

Whether he was 'more on the ball or not' Mane was obviously in front of him for the ball when Aurier kicked him. No?

See what you're saying but simply don't agree. Not because it's Liverpool but I just can't see how he'd give it any other way. Had the tables been turned and Spurs got a penalty for the same situation I wouldn't have argued.
aurier started out more on the ball then mane got his leg in front of him, so I think the onus is on the person who arrived last to not make contact

its football you are meant to kick the ball so if someone puts the body in the way and interferes with your kicking action then its his fault, this is what happens 83% of the time in fouls anyway, all people who fouled in football can now flip it and say they got kicked as well tbh

for example lucas neill 2006 world cup vs Italy he dives to the ground looking to win the ball then Grosso kicks him in the back so it should be an Australian free kick ffs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
aurier started out more on the ball then mane got his leg in front of him, so I think the onus is on the person who arrived last to not make contact

its football you are meant to kick the ball so if someone puts the body in the way and interferes with your kicking action then its his fault, this is what happens 83% of the time in fouls anyway, all people who fouled in football can now flip it and say they got kicked as well tbh

for example lucas neill 2006 world cup vs Italy he dives to the ground looking to win the ball then Grosso kicks him in the back so it should be an Australian free kick ffs

Again. get what you're trying to say but Mane got in front of him and was kicked. Penalty.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matip out for potentially 6 weeks ... shiiitttt. Personally I think he was in better form than VVD. Hopefully Gomez can step up soon as Lovren scares the shit out of me!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well there people are saying 20% net profit of jersey sales
Even with that they might move up a spot or 2 at best
Apparently Liverpool arnt concerned about the money but the exposure Nike gives them
Liverpool need to capitalise on sponsors money now.....

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently Liverpool arnt concerned about the money but the exposure Nike gives them
They're expecting atleast £70 in sales, that list also included major sponsors yet conveniently leg tit out for Liverpool. It's a shit article, probably written my another Manu fan...don't you guys have anything better to do than worry about how much money we're getting? Haha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They're expecting atleast £70 in sales, that list also included major sponsors yet conveniently leg tit out for Liverpool. It's a shit article, probably written my another Manu fan...don't you guys have anything better to do than worry about how much money we're getting? Haha
It's an unbelievable deal and can't wait for a year to pass for people to see it come to fruition. Opens up so many marketing channels and really takes us to a new level. Exciting times ahead

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Liverpool need to capitalise on sponsors money now.....
Are the Glazers still in control of Man U? Concentrate on that mate. That's your problem. Not who's making Liverpool shirts ...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah better read it again ......
It’s got standard chartered on there..... that’s your major sponsor
Like United’s is chev......
Deeerpppp

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ah better read it again ......
It’s got standard chartered on there..... that’s your major sponsor
Like United’s is chev......
Deeerpppp
Meh, still a shit article and leaves out the most important part.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's an unbelievable deal and can't wait for a year to pass for people to see it come to fruition. Opens up so many marketing channels and really takes us to a new level. Exciting times ahead
It's hard to doubt this decision based on what the club has delivered in recent years.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are the Glazers still in control of Man U? Concentrate on that mate. That's your problem. Not who's making Liverpool shirts ...
Lol yep and we’re going shit but still produce massive sponsorship
Does it annoy you that our sponsor money shits on yours and we’ve been going shit for years lol
Liverpool going great but still can’t command our money
Why coz we’re a big club
Still in our shadow

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still in our shadow
Does it annoy you that our sponsor money shits on yours and we’ve been going shit for years lol
Why coz we’re a big club
Still in our shadow
100% when it comes to off the pitch with marketing etc. We were terrible until FSG bought us but ... we're certainly catching up off the pitch. Extremely quickly.

My concern, if I were you, would be that you're living too much on the success of the past rather than planning for the future. The Glazers are bleeding you ...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% when it comes to off the pitch with marketing etc. We were terrible until FSG bought us but ... we're certainly catching up off the pitch. Extremely quickly.

My concern, if I were you, would be that you're living too much on the success of the past rather than planning for the future. The Glazers are bleeding you ...
A Liverpool supporter telling a united supporter about living on the success of the past
Hahahhahahaha oh fuck I’ve heard it all now...
Hahhahahahahhahahahha
Shiiiiiiitttttttt
That’s how you blokes survive, living in the past
Hahhahahhaha
Love it, love it