Official 17 of our 30 free to sign with other clubs from 1 Nov 2019!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is he still with the club for 2020? I have heard a few rumours that he's already left.
ZT says he's off contract, Kalache situation a little bit of a mystery.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he still with the club for 2020? I have heard a few rumours that he's already left.
Ohhh I'd be gutted if he has left. If you monitored his progress throughout the season you'd see he is a special talent and will continue developing.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's funny, for a club and its administration so obsessed with signing forwards that they'd allow a real talent like Kalache to get away.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ohhh I'd be gutted if he has left. If you monitored his progress throughout the season you'd see he is a special talent and will continue developing.
Yeah he had a great season in CCup and it would be disappointing if he left. Hopefully he's still at the club I doubt there will be anything official we will just have to keep an eye out during the preseason I guess.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he had a great season in CCup and it would be disappointing if he left. Hopefully he's still at the club I doubt there will be anything official we will just have to keep an eye out during the preseason I guess.
The club is getting in a serious position where we can really set our selves up over the next 2 years for long term success. I just hope it's not going to be all about throwing money at players from other clubs and allowing our own homegrown juniors to leave and dominate for other clubs. Can't keep them all I understand that, but theres some you can't lose either.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club is getting in a serious position where we can really set our selves up over the next 2 years for long term success. I just hope it's not going to be all about throwing money at players from other clubs and allowing our own homegrown juniors to leave and dominate for other clubs. Can't keep them all I understand that, but theres some you can't lose either.
It looks like the club has removed all the players that have left from the profiles on the website and Kayne is still there so I'd say he's still with us.
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Defenitely a few there that I'd like to stay at the club but really that all depends on this coming season and how they continue to develop and perform. Barely anyone on that list stands out as a must keep right now though considering the amount of talent off contract then and the potential promotion of a few youngsters.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is no one talking about this?

Everyone below can sign with an other club from 1 Nov 2019.

Does the club want to let them all go? and chase pipe dreams like the Turbo Bros!

Or, do non of them want to resign?

WZD has to be no. 1 priority.
Flowed by not loosing all out half options

COGGER, Jack
ELLIOTT, Adam
FAITALA-MARINER, Raymond
FORAN, Kieran
HOLLAND, Kerrod
HOPOATE, Will
JACKSON, Josh (c)
KALACHE, Kayne
LEWIS, Lachlan
MONTOYA, Marcelo
SMITH, Chris
SMITH, Reimis
SUE, Sauaso
TO'OMAGA, Renouf
TOLMAN, Aiden (vc)
WAKEHAM, Brandon
WATENE-ZELEZNIAK, Dallin
With the exception of dwz,Jackson &hoppa,do u really think clubs will b lining up to sign the rest

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Hopoate deserves to be on that list too. In the Centres he has always been solid for us (some of the best hands in the NRL for a Centre) and we're already trying to fix the other Centre position with our recruitment. He also got our player of the year. Also has leadership qualities. A contract somewhere between 400-500k.
Hoppa is a great player but I think he is going to get an offer of 500k+ which I wouldn't want to try and beat. If he stays for around 450k then yeah bloody oath sign him up!

If only he had some pace.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's time the CEO stood strong and unintimidated by players or their managers. But I believe in good relationships,
Loyalty should be rewarded. but signings must be carefully calculated.
Players wanting to hold the club for ransom aren't worth the trouble.
We shouldn't let no player go before signing someone better !!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Only 17? I was hoping it was a lot more who are we stuck with beyond 2020

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club should offer somewhere around the range of

COGGER, Jack 2 years @ 350K a year
ELLIOTT, Adam 2 years @ 200K or see you later
FAITALA-MARINER, Raymond 2 years @ 400K (450K at max)
FORAN, Kieran 2 years @ 750K (I very much doubt any other club would offer more)
HOLLAND, Kerrod See you later
HOPOATE, Will 3 years @ 550K
JACKSON, Josh (c) 3 years @ 600K (400K + 200K long player allowance outside cap)
KALACHE, Kayne Yes I read he's gone
LEWIS, Lachlan 2 years @ 350K
MONTOYA, Marcelo See you later
SMITH, Chris See you later
SMITH, Reimis 3 years @ 350K
SUE, Sauaso See you later
TO'OMAGA, Renouf 3 years @ 300K
TOLMAN, Aiden (vc) 2 years @ 400K or see you later
WAKEHAM, Brandon 2 years @ 250K
WATENE-ZELEZNIAK, Dallin 4 years @ 500K

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Club should offer somewhere around the range of

COGGER, Jack 2 years @ 350K a year
ELLIOTT, Adam 2 years @ 200K or see you later
FAITALA-MARINER, Raymond 2 years @ 400K (450K at max)
FORAN, Kieran 2 years @ 750K (I very much doubt any other club would offer more)
HOLLAND, Kerrod See you later
HOPOATE, Will 3 years @ 550K
JACKSON, Josh (c) 3 years @ 600K (400K + 200K long player allowance outside cap)
KALACHE, Kayne Yes I read he's gone
LEWIS, Lachlan 2 years @ 350K
MONTOYA, Marcelo See you later
SMITH, Chris See you later
SMITH, Reimis 3 years @ 350K
SUE, Sauaso See you later
TO'OMAGA, Renouf 3 years @ 300K
TOLMAN, Aiden (vc) 2 years @ 400K or see you later
WAKEHAM, Brandon 2 years @ 250K
WATENE-ZELEZNIAK, Dallin 4 years @ 500K
No they shouldn't.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No they shouldn't.
COGGER, Jack KEEPER at least for another 2 years - definitely improved before Foran returned to take his place. Showed he could be a threat close to the line and an organiser.
ELLIOTT, Adam 50/50. A bit of a joker and thus popular at the club. Good for team morale which can make a big difference between a boring and enjoyable workplace. Tries hard but not the most skillful player. Can run a good line but not often enough.
FAITALA-MARINER, Raymond KEEPER. Runs hard. Good off the bench.
FORAN, Kieran KEEPER Still one of the top halves if he can keep on the field. If his body wasn't such a risk other clubs would be lining up to sign him (especially the Broncos). Because of that risk and thus lack of real interest from others we should be able to keep him on a downgraded contract of about 2/3 what we're currently paying
HOLLAND, Kerrod GONE If we get a new centre for 2021 and with Harper a better option plus good young centre coming through the grades service not required unless he's willing to stay for minimum wage as a back up
HOPOATE, Will KEEPER probably his best year at the Dogs
JACKSON, Josh (c) KEEPER Was well below his standard until later in the year we should remember. Still tries hard. Worth an extra hundred K because he's our captain. Wish he'd do a bit more whingeing to the refs though.
KALACHE, Kayne GONE Yes I read he's gone
LEWIS, Lachlan KEEPER One of the best defensive techniques in the NRL. Can save tries and set them up. Worth another 1-2 years to see if he can improve his attack
MONTOYA, Marcelo GONE. Ran with a lot more purpose late in the year but not skillful enough and appears slow even though stats showed he's fast. Still can't believe that !
SMITH, Chris GONE. Very average.
SMITH, Reimis KEEPER. Fast finisher but I wish he'd get involved a little bit more. Takes a back seat and could show more initiative
SUE, Sauaso GONE. He started playing better towards the end of year (hit on Klemmer the highlight) but I still think he's average overall
TO'OMAGA, Renouf KEEPER. Was great in the ISP winning team last year and is now confident in firsts. Runs hard and has an offload. He scored a lot of tries in ISP. Hope he can eventauuly do the same in firsts.
TOLMAN, Aiden (vc) 50/50 Good clubman / worker and reliable in defence but never dominant in attack or defence. Gets in the way still in attack. If we keep him should be as a back up only on average wage. Last game against the Broncos we scored 30 points for the first time this year and part of that was because we finally used Tolman as a decoy rather than passing him the ball every 4th tackle on the opposition tryline. I hope we keep doing the same next year.
WAKEHAM, Brandon KEEPER showed enough during his handful of games this year to warrant a longer look
WATENE-ZELEZNIAK, Dallin DEFINITE KEEPER although needs to improve his passing game or go back to the wing

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
COGGER, Jack KEEPER at least for another 2 years - definitely improved before Foran returned to take his place. Showed he could be a threat close to the line and an organiser.
ELLIOTT, Adam 50/50. A bit of a joker and thus popular at the club. Good for team morale which can make a big difference between a boring and enjoyable workplace. Tries hard but not the most skillful player. Can run a good line but not often enough.
FAITALA-MARINER, Raymond KEEPER. Runs hard. Good off the bench.
FORAN, Kieran KEEPER Still one of the top halves if he can keep on the field. If his body wasn't such a risk other clubs would be lining up to sign him (especially the Broncos). Because of that risk and thus lack of real interest from others we should be able to keep him on a downgraded contract of about 2/3 what we're currently paying
HOLLAND, Kerrod GONE If we get a new centre for 2021 and with Harper a better option plus good young centre coming through the grades service not required unless he's willing to stay for minimum wage as a back up
HOPOATE, Will KEEPER probably his best year at the Dogs
JACKSON, Josh (c) KEEPER Was well below his standard until later in the year we should remember. Still tries hard. Worth an extra hundred K because he's our captain. Wish he'd do a bit more whingeing to the refs though.
KALACHE, Kayne GONE Yes I read he's gone
LEWIS, Lachlan KEEPER One of the best defensive techniques in the NRL. Can save tries and set them up. Worth another 1-2 years to see if he can improve his attack
MONTOYA, Marcelo GONE. Ran with a lot more purpose late in the year but not skillful enough and appears slow even though stats showed he's fast. Still can't believe that !
SMITH, Chris GONE. Very average.
SMITH, Reimis KEEPER. Fast finisher but I wish he'd get involved a little bit more. Takes a back seat and could show more initiative
SUE, Sauaso GONE. He started playing better towards the end of year (hit on Klemmer the highlight) but I still think he's average overall
TO'OMAGA, Renouf KEEPER. Was great in the ISP winning team last year and is now confident in firsts. Runs hard and has an offload. He scored a lot of tries in ISP. Hope he can eventauuly do the same in firsts.
TOLMAN, Aiden (vc) 50/50 Good clubman / worker and reliable in defence but never dominant in attack or defence. Gets in the way still in attack. If we keep him should be as a back up only on average wage. Last game against the Broncos we scored 30 points for the first time this year and part of that was because we finally used Tolman as a decoy rather than passing him the ball every 4th tackle on the opposition tryline. I hope we keep doing the same next year.
WAKEHAM, Brandon KEEPER showed enough during his handful of games this year to warrant a longer look
WATENE-ZELEZNIAK, Dallin DEFINITE KEEPER although needs to improve his passing game or go back to the wing
Cogger - 200k
Elliott - 400k
RFM - 300k
Foran - 500-600k
Hopoate - 500k
Jackson - 700k
Lewis - 300k
Smith - 200k
Reimis - 300k
Toomaga - 200k
Tolman - 400k
Wakeham - 200k
DWZ - 600k

This is going off who I would have in our 13, 17, reserves, etc.

Toomaga wouldn't be in my 17 hence only 200k.

Elliott would be in my 13, if we sign a Lock or push Jackson from the edge then he'd be on the bench and probably on 300k. I wouldn't get rid of him.

No one is going to risk signing Foran. The only reason why I'm keeping him is because there are no Halves on the market. If he has another injury riddled season then he's probably gone anyways.