Bailey Biondi-Odo

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I came across and article saying that we have signed this guy from Parramatta he is a halfback. He is Sg Ball age and played Flegg all year. Anyone seen him play . Sounds promising ?

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Innisfail product Bailey Biondi-Odo has signed a two-year contract with Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

BAILEY Biondi-Odo had a tough decision to make at the end of this year’s rugby league season.

After spending all of 2019 plying his trade with Parramatta Eels’ U20 Jersey Flegg team in the final year of a three-year contract, Biondi-Odo received interest from several NRL clubs all intrigued by the potential of the Innisfail prodigy.

However, a two-year offer from Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and an added incentive of pre-season exposure with the first-grade team was too good to refuse.

“It was a tough decision to leave Parra because at the end of the season I was enjoying where I was, but what Bulldogs offered was too good not to take,” Biondi-Odo said.

Bailey Biondi-Odo playing for Parramatta Eels' Jersey Flegg team during the 2019 season. PICTURE: Parramatta Eels/Supplied
“The opportunity to train with the big boys until Christmas and learn off them will make my game better – I really think it can take my game to the next level.”

The 17-year-old halfback made the move down to Sydney at the beginning of 2019 to play in the Parramatta U18 side but quickly found himself a staple in the U20 outfit.

“I couldn’t go any higher because I was still too young so I stayed with the Jersey Flegg boys all year,” he said.

“When I went down at the start of the year I thought Queensland’s style of footy was a lot faster, whereas in New South Wales it’s a lot more physical, everyone is bigger.

“I didn’t struggle with it but it is a significant change in physicality.”

Biondi-Odo has spent the past few weeks at home in East Innisfail preparing for the biggest two months of his career.

“I’m just keen to rip in,” he said.

Innisfail product Bailey Biondi-Odo has signed a two-year contract with Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. PICTURE: Joshua Davies
“I’m focused on the next eight weeks of training with the big boys. Hopefully I can put in a big effort and extend my time with the first-grade squad and ultimately come out of it a better player.

“If you train hard in pre-season it can make a big impression on everyone at the club leading into 2020.

“I go down to the club next week for the first time and then hit pre-season head-on the week after.”

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/...s/news-story/9ed3743176240e2635bb4203618dba42

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Next JT, probably.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good attitude and I like that he was suppose to play 18's but played the whole season in 20's and could have played higher had he not been too young?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
BBO lol
Bad Body Odour

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like a promising addition !!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting he says in qld it’s a lot faster but nsw a lot more physical due to the size of players. I’m guessing the Caucasian verses the islanders etc

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting take he has on differences between QLD and NSW (at least at his level). I wonder if he figured that out himself (is he a thinker?) or if he is just parroting something he heard someone else say.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Innisfail product Bailey Biondi-Odo has signed a two-year contract with Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

BAILEY Biondi-Odo had a tough decision to make at the end of this year’s rugby league season.

After spending all of 2019 plying his trade with Parramatta Eels’ U20 Jersey Flegg team in the final year of a three-year contract, Biondi-Odo received interest from several NRL clubs all intrigued by the potential of the Innisfail prodigy.

However, a two-year offer from Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and an added incentive of pre-season exposure with the first-grade team was too good to refuse.

“It was a tough decision to leave Parra because at the end of the season I was enjoying where I was, but what Bulldogs offered was too good not to take,” Biondi-Odo said.

Bailey Biondi-Odo playing for Parramatta Eels' Jersey Flegg team during the 2019 season. PICTURE: Parramatta Eels/Supplied
“The opportunity to train with the big boys until Christmas and learn off them will make my game better – I really think it can take my game to the next level.”

The 17-year-old halfback made the move down to Sydney at the beginning of 2019 to play in the Parramatta U18 side but quickly found himself a staple in the U20 outfit.

“I couldn’t go any higher because I was still too young so I stayed with the Jersey Flegg boys all year,” he said.

“When I went down at the start of the year I thought Queensland’s style of footy was a lot faster, whereas in New South Wales it’s a lot more physical, everyone is bigger.

“I didn’t struggle with it but it is a significant change in physicality.”

Biondi-Odo has spent the past few weeks at home in East Innisfail preparing for the biggest two months of his career.

“I’m just keen to rip in,” he said.

Innisfail product Bailey Biondi-Odo has signed a two-year contract with Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. PICTURE: Joshua Davies
“I’m focused on the next eight weeks of training with the big boys. Hopefully I can put in a big effort and extend my time with the first-grade squad and ultimately come out of it a better player.

“If you train hard in pre-season it can make a big impression on everyone at the club leading into 2020.

“I go down to the club next week for the first time and then hit pre-season head-on the week after.”

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/...s/news-story/9ed3743176240e2635bb4203618dba42
Perhaps his potential is Biondi our reach...

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The kid was 17 and playing Flegg this year. . Still few more years to go but this is promising

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It'll be a while before he comes into contention for the NRL. But it's good to get them here young and hopefully develop some loyalty. Getting our junior ranks right is a big part of the way that we'll become a powerhouse team again.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Always good to snare a prospect from Parra, a possible JT? Why not.
Champion name, champion attitude, he will have more fun at Belmore.

Banned
Reaction score
Another Hyphenation member :grinning:
Him and Wakeham building a working relationship around each others plays is an exciting prospect :grinning:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting he says in qld it’s a lot faster but nsw a lot more physical due to the size of players. I’m guessing the Caucasian verses the islanders etc
Assuming most of his footy in QLD was played in Innisfail then most of his opponents would’ve just been skinny aboriginal kids and a few skinny white boys with mullets. Very little access to strength and conditioning resources up there.

Coming down to Sydney he would’ve run straight into plenty of big Polynesian kids and better physically conditioned kids in general.

Big physicality difference but sounds like it hasn’t phased him. Exciting signing.