Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) AVO against Sam Burgess

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article put in a lot of effort to reassure the reader Sam did nothing wrong.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reiterate my previous comment. Why is this even on the rumors tab of a bulldogs website?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately that is not how the system is set up. No-one know's the circumstances of this case and tbh we shouldn't be even discussing this as it's none of our business and especially the media's to report on. They are less than scumbags and are only making it worse, all so they can get some clicks on the internet. How could any reasonable person sleep at night doing that?

Grandparents could easily make the situation worse thinking in a selfish and one-sided way so whatever they are saying isn't necessarily gospel. I posted in this topic already which I left a link for a great letter of submission to the upcoming Senate enquiry into this topic which is well overdue and is more responsible for taking lives then the actual issue. The current system is covered in blood and is one-sided and has nothing to do with keeping kids safe and more about escalation, alienation and ultimately suicide and murders. No-one reports on the 21 Dad's per week who give up and take their own lives all because they just wanted to see their babies! I just hope that this system is fully overhauled and the feminist agenda taken out of the equation and the real issue of safety and what's best for the kids becomes the actual focal point.

Anyone who has gone through a separation involving kids and the pure heartbreak of not seeing your babies 24/7 anymore and how you have no choice in the matter knows of what I speak and the thoughts of why carrying on that inevitably enters your mind. The easy answer is for your kids, the hard answer is that because you can't see them you no longer can watch or want to feel this stuff anymore. We need to face the problem as a people and not as a woman or man. For way too long it has been one-sided and it must stop!
I read that article GrogDog. Whilst I agree with many points and that the issue and outcome should be based fairly and squarely on fairness and the facts, there is always the "feminist" angle thrown up as a red herring (IMO).

I can only speak as a woman and give my insight and perspective. I don't expect to be insulted for it. If anyone wants to read it, look on. If not interested move on. This is not an issue to abuse someone over.

Suicide is a 2 way street.

I've sympathetically read all your own stories from all those who've shared and learnt a lot.

Most men don't understand women and it's vice versa.

There is usually a long, traumatic journey to marriage breakdown. Worse when children involved.

I don't know why those guys on here marriages broke down and the courts had to become involved. The end result was talked about but why did the woman become so bitter? Maybe there was betrayal?, infidelity? The females seem bitchy and have used the children to "get back" at the bloke.

Please, there is no need to tell your story. All I am trying to say is a female is very emotional. If you play up or humiliate, then they feel betrayed and loose all faith in men. It's wrong to use your children as weapons but I can tell you that because there are so many occasions that men have killed their children or killed their wife and/or her family, that sometimes an unreasonable fear and dread overtakes your rational thinking and you live in fear something like whst ypu see on television could happen to you and your loved ones. A woman already perceives that she has more of a chance of being financially worse off, left on the shelf whilst the bloke gets his younger, or Asian wife.

I've just tried to explain from a female perspective. Don't have a bad ending to a relationship because women are not as practical or as pragmatic. We don't just move on. Some get over the hurt eventually and are rational but some are cruel bitches who want revenge for some real, or, made up in their mind, incident.

Just as some men are decent and some are real thugs and ba$tards, women have the same flaws.

Because there is a much higher percentage of men than women who sexually assault, harm or use violence and murder, I guess that's why we have so many AVO's and why the Courts are making these decisions.

The Courts have to generalise as well unfortunately in making these decisions to protect the general public.

The above in no way dismisses the awful women, or men for that matter. There are always 2 sides to every argument. I know it was bloody hard adjudicating on arguments between my son and daughter as kids, think how hard it must be for judges etc sitting through all this day after day trying to sort out personal relationships for 2 adults and what's best for the children.

Much better if we could amicably work it out ourselves. But that means you have to not give the partner any cause for hating on you.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any parent depriving a father or mother from seeing their kids are low life scums. Any grandparent or relative doing likewise are also scum. To use kids as pawns when all they want is their mum and dad is the lowest of lows and all involved adults need to understand the mental scaring it has on the kids, let alone the parents for the rest of their lives.

Whether you like Burgess or not, this is cutting him with what is happening as I have no doubt all he wants to be is a father to his kids and if the father in-law wants to be a scum and stop him from doing that, wow what a hero!

Personally I think people should back off and separate Burgess the footy player and Burgess the human being because in cases like this it can turn catastrophic.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any parent depriving a father or mother from seeing their kids are low life scums. Any grand parent or relative doing likewise are also scum. To use kids as pawns when all they want is their mum and dad is the lowest of lows and and all involved adults need to understand the mental scaring it has on the kids for the rest of their lives.

If you like Burgess or not, this is cutting him with what is happening as I have no doubt all he wants to be is a father to his kids and if the father in-law wants to be a hero and stop him from doing that, wow what a hero!
It always ends bad when this happens. See it so many times and is hard to see, especially on the kid/s.
We all don't know if he has been violent towards any of them either so hard to really take a side.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I read that article GrogDog. Whilst I agree with many points and that the issue and outcome should be based fairly and squarely on fairness and the facts, there is always the "feminist" angle thrown up as a red herring (IMO).

I can only speak as a woman and give my insight and perspective. I don't expect to be insulted for it. If anyone wants to read it, look on. If not interested move on. This is not an issue to abuse someone over.

I've sympathetically read all your own stories from all those who've shared and learnt a lot.

There is usually a long, traumatic journey to marriage breakdown. Worse when children involved.

I don't know why those guys on here marriages broke down and the courts had to become involved. The end result was talked about but why did the woman become so bitter? Maybe there was betrayal?, infidelity? The females seem bitchy and have used the children to "get back" at the bloke.

Please, there is no need to tell your story. All I am trying to say is a female is very emotional. If you play up or humiliate, then they feel betrayed and loose all faith in men. It's wrong to use your children as weapons but I can tell you that because there are so many occasions that men have killed their children or killed their wife and/or her family, that sometimes an unreasonable fear and dread overtakes your rational thinking and you live in fear something like whst ypu see on television could happen to you and your loved ones. A woman already perceives that she has more of a chance of being financially worse off, left on the shelf whilst the bloke gets his younger, or Asian wife.

I've just tried to explain from a female perspective. Don't have a bad ending to a relationship because women are not as practical or as pragmatic. We don't just move on. Some get over the hurt eventually and are rational but some are cruel bitches who want revenge for some real, or, made up in their mind, incident.

Just as some men are decent and some are real thugs and ba$tards, women have the same flaws.

Because there is a much higher percentage of men than women who sexually assault, harm or use violence and murder, I guess that's why we have so many AVO's and why the Courts are making these decisions.

The Courts have to generalise as well unfortunately in making these decisions to protect the general public.

The above in no way dismisses the awful women, or men for that matter. There are always 2 sides to every argument. I know it was bloody hard adjudicating on arguments between my son and daughter as kids, think how hard it must be for judges etc sitting through all this day after day trying to sort out personal relationships for 2 adults and what's best for the children.

Much better if we could amicably work it out ourselves. But that means you have to not give the partner any cause for hating on you.
I'm hoping the "being abused for your opinion" is certainly not aimed at me as I definitely did not do that. I will be leaving this issue here and speaking no more upon it on this forum other than to say the stats and data reflecting upon women being more abused then men is actually flawed as men being abused when fronting the Police to report is most often laughed at as if they're are "pussies" and therefor data on Men is actually not kept. The real stats are not out there and there is a lot of assumptions made towards the victims and perpetrators in a default way. There is much more to say but I am done with this convo. Peace.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of relationship breakdowns and having kids involved. My counsellor that I was seeing after my relationship ended gave me a good book to read called Poison Parents;

"Poison Parents' is a powerful book, dealing with all aspects of the parental alienation syndrome which tears loving relationships between parents and children apart in the post-divorce and separation environment. It explores the devastating effect that malicious parenting can have on impressionable children, the target parent and extended family and friends. Drawing an interesting parallel between personality disorder and alienating behavior, 'Poison Parents' exposes the syndrome and offers insightful ways of coping with and combating the insidiously destructive campaign of hate. Written by Criminologist, Grace Humphreys"

It also includes true life stories and situations as well.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/grace-humphreys/poison-parents/ebook/product-11057857.html

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm hoping the "being abused for your opinion" is certainly not aimed at me as I definitely did not do that. I will be leaving this issue here and speaking no more upon it on this forum other than to say the stats and data reflecting upon women being more abused then men is actually flawed as men being abused when fronting the Police to report is most often laughed at as if they're are "pussies" and therefor data on Men is actually not kept. The real stats are not out there and there is a lot of assumptions made towards the victims and perpetrators in a default way. There is much more to say but I am done with this convo. Peace.
No def no referring to you, or any one person in particular.

TK is a volatile place at times and I was trying to say, I'll give my take on it as others have but I don't want to be abused for it. Happens with all our views given about the Dogs so I imagined it would happen on a divisive topic like this :grinning:

It should just be an exchange of opinions and experiences without judgement or abuse. Everyone agrees it's all about the kids, or should be.

I have gained a huge insight into guys side of things.

Peace to you too GrogDog.

Banned
Reaction score

To date, more children have died at the hands of maternal domestic violence, than paternal.
Thus statistics strongly suggest that a man is the safer option for children's custody.
Also, I feel you strongly underestimate the ease of a male to find a new partner.
It's far easier for the lady and that is because society has an ingrained belief that the female is more valuable than the male, purely as they bear a child into this world.
If that was reversed, males would be the one's in the dominant position.

To close, I desire to note that I admire your bravery for candidly speaking your conviction respectfully.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
To date, more children have died at the hands of maternal domestic violence, than paternal.
Thus statistics strongly suggest that a man is the safer option for children's custody.
Also, I feel you strongly underestimate the ease of a male to find a new partner.
It's far easier for the lady and that is because society has an ingrained belief that the female is more valuable than the male, purely as they bear a child into this world.
If that was reversed, males would be the one's in the dominant position.

To close, I desire to note that I admire your bravery for candidly speaking your conviction respectfully.
Thanks 086 for being capable of putting a thoughtful reply together without insults. Rare on here lol but it sure is more thought provoking than bagging out posters as usually happens on every topic put up on here.

I don't agree with your figures etc but as someone else said, we each look at issues with our own bias eyes

Take climate change for instance :grinning:

Reactions: 086

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks 086 for being capable of putting a thoughtful reply together without insults. Rare on here lol but it sure is more thought provoking than bagging out posters as usually happens on every topic put up on here.

I don't agree with your figures etc but as someone else said, we each look at issues with our own bias eyes

It’s rare for him too. You’re about the same age, maybe hit him up

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s rare for him too. You’re about the same age, maybe hit him up
Mods...I wouldn't mind if Knatboy had a spell. more and more hysterical and fractious and it would probably be humane to enforce a lay off :grinning:

If it's not ?
It's ?
Or ?
Then thankfully we saw off Go Flogs.
There's always a troll or a more worthy, superior fan than the rest of us... ho hum.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mods...I wouldn't mind if Knatboy had a spell. more and more hysterical and fractious and it would probably be humane to enforce a lay off :grinning:

If it's not ?
It's ?
Or ?
Then thankfully we saw off Go Flogs.
There's always a troll or a more worthy, superior fan than the rest of us... ho hum.
You’ve been calling me Knatboy. Don’t be a hypocrite

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Obviously none of us know whether the AVO was warranted or not.
Having said that it isn't a huge stretch to envisage a bloke who can't control his temper on the field (grabs blokes nuts, pulls hair etc etc) might be an off-tap bully arsehole off the field either.
If it is just someone using his kids against him for the sake of it then that is not on. Low act.
We will probably never know who is to blame here like in most of these instances.

Banned
Reaction score

Apologies for the large image.
Despite differing points of view, I do feel that you also desire what's best for kids and victims.
Hopefully one day, humanity will find a way to overcome the contributing factors towards DV and prevent furthering them.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Apologies for the large image.
Despite differing points of view, I do feel that you also desire what's best for kids and victims.
Hopefully one day, humanity will find a way to overcome the contributing factors towards DV and prevent furthering them.
You mind sharing the link of where you found that image

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to the source and those stats from that image isn't there which is why I asked for the source
So with further investigation the actual dvaa site appears to be government funded. However the Facebook page appears to be privately owned and no affiliation to the web page nor government funded

Which explains why I could not find that picture on the actual page as the statistics in that realm are SIGNIFICANTLY different from the ones presented by the government