Opinion BankWest or belmore

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please.
Belmore. Absolutely.
Anyone who would rather the we play out of parramatta, is no bulldog fan.
Or just realistic. Belmore is poor for fans unless you are the few thousand in the grandstand. And it’s not like it’s much of a fortress anymore

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or just realistic. Belmore is poor for fans unless you are the few thousand in the grandstand. And it’s not like it’s much of a fortress anymore
That wasn’t the question.
the question was if we had a renovation at belmore. clearly bankwest is better than belmore at the moment.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
With Belmore space too small, and an East West stadium not going to happen, using the Peter Moore reserve (and a number of accommodating residents ;) ), the new Peter Moore Stadium (PMS? ok that needs more work) could look like this...
The one problem we've always had a Belmore is car parking, but if the fans all try to get there either by walking, parking their car in residential streets and then walking, parking at the Leagues club, catching a bus, or catching a train, then it wouldn't be a problem. But the problem is the people are too stupid to realise this, or too lazy to do it.

Banned
Reaction score
The one problem we've always had a Belmore is car parking, but if the fans all try to get there either by walking, parking their car in residential streets and then walking, parking at the Leagues club, catching a bus, or catching a train, then it wouldn't be a problem. But the problem is the people are too stupid to realise this, or too lazy to do it.
WHAT?
I can't park in the middle of the field in my AWD because I'm an entitled fuck?

Last edited:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said ,nightgames my partner and I go have dinner at club walk to ground,5 minutes to get there,go back have a couple of beers,the perfect night,especially if we win

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Spiritually Belmore. Practically BankWest. Biggest issue with Belmore is parking is impossible (although the train is right there) and it needs a fair bit of work. Where are Souths having their games while ANZ is developed? Are we sharing with Eels and Souths? Might mean we will get more "home" games at away grounds. Hope not.

Banned
Reaction score
Spiritually Belmore. Practically BankWest. Biggest issue with Belmore is parking is impossible (although the train is right there) and it needs a fair bit of work. Where are Souths having their games while ANZ is developed? Are we sharing with Eels and Souths? Might mean we will get more "home" games at away grounds. Hope not.
If that's the case, I hope they take games to local grounds.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You'd think Souths would play at the SCG but who knows.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For what is worth I reckon we need a cashed up Sponsor/Supporter to help raise the capital to turn Belmore into a 15000 seat mini stadium that we could fill every home game and have a fortress again. Or look at something like the picture below, its close to Bankstown/Belmore, Railway and the M4, is massively under used these days and has a little Rugby League history..

Lidcombe Oval.JPG

Banned
Reaction score
For what is worth I reckon we need a cashed up Sponsor/Supporter to help raise the capital to turn Belmore into a 15000 seat mini stadium that we could fill every home game and have a fortress again. Or look at something like the picture below, its close to Bankstown/Belmore, Railway and the M4, is massively under used these days and has a little Rugby League history..

View attachment 11745
Is one of the local grounds I was thinking of, when suggesting we play at different local grounds.
Still reckon that O'Neill Park in Yagoona is probably the best site for a brand new stadium, if that's the gameplan.
Holds 3 soccer fields currently, so plenty of room.
In between two stations and one station from Bankstown.
Can go big with a big stadium and complex with training area beyond the stadium.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths are going to Bankwest too.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now there is something interesting to note.

I would argue, that if they could SOMEHOW find a way to fit in a quality stadium in what space they have, then the Leagues might want pitch in. Why? Long term investment. You will have an additional 10-15,000 people within 3 blocks of the leagues club, for 12 weeks of the year, excluding finals.

That's a huge opportunity for them to bring in punters for pre-drinks, post drinks, lunch/dinners - you name it.
I can recall going back when we actually played at Belmore all the time. The leagues club actually loses money or not make as much on game days. Basically what i was told by a credible source was that all the big time pokie players would avoid the club on game day because of the fans coming back to the club after the match.

This was one of the main reasons we decided to start playing away from belmore at the time we moved games to concord oval...

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said previously the club now have an abundance of parking,we got to the club at 12 had lunch couple of beers and walked to the ground,well before the 2 pm kick off,and if memory serves me right I think the crowd that day was around the 14k mark,no hassles parking,just a bit of planning

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can recall going back when we actually played at Belmore all the time. The leagues club actually loses money or not make as much on game days. Basically what i was told by a credible source was that all the big time pokie players would avoid the club on game day because of the fans coming back to the club after the match.

This was one of the main reasons we decided to start playing away from belmore at the time we moved games to concord oval...
Yeah I have heard this too. They amount they make on game day food, drinks and gambling pales into insignificance compared to what regulars put through the place.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even Concord Oval in a joint venture with another club for a new stadium is not to far from home..??