News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone else think we wreak of desperation with all these outlandish offers....
No because they aren't outlandish. Just what we'd have to pay.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Which option do you think is better ?
option one
1 Tom T.
12 Fifita
13 Jake T.
option two
4 Mitchell
8 Thompson
12 Fifita
option three
2 Radradra
4 Mitchell
8 Thompson
option four
1 Pepenhuyzen
6 Mitchell
8 Thompson
13 Fifita
Or maybe sign them all :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
option one
1 Tom T.
12 Fifita
13 Jake T.
option two
4 Mitchell
8 Thompson
12 Fifita
option three
2 Radradra
4 Mitchell
8 Thompson
option four
1 Pepenhuyzen
6 Mitchell
8 Thompson
13 Fifita
4 then 2

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is over hyped. Fonua Blake and Tapau (to a lesser extent) give Manly all of their go forward and ruck speed.

The last thing we are going to do is spend big money on a forward when we need a centre and a half back.
I don't think Jake T is overhyped at all. I agree with everything Matthew said (kills it every week and in origin and internationals. He cuts fuckers in half constantly and has the biggest motor and keeps going, he supports all the time, he has ball playing skill he fights for the ball in the air). He also has a massive workrate and always does at least 4 or 5 important, and often subtle, plays a game that wins matches. He's in the right place at the right time and inspires his team-mates. He's not worth as much to a team as Tom, with Tom's shear strike-power, but I'd take Jake anyday. Pity it won't be happening.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
option one
1 Tom T.
12 Fifita
13 Jake T.
option two
4 Mitchell
8 Thompson
12 Fifita
option three
2 Radradra
4 Mitchell
8 Thompson
option four
1 Pepenhuyzen
6 Mitchell
8 Thompson
13 Fifita
Option 2....Option 4 is not affordable...i know this sounds outrageous but I wouldn't resign Jackson if it ment we coukd secure for its or Jake t.....sometimes u have to make the hard decisions ...signing those 2 would offer our team so much more

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Option 2....Option 4 is not affordable...i know this sounds outrageous but I wouldn't resign Jackson if it ment we coukd secure for its or Jake t.....sometimes u have to make the hard decisions ...signing those 2 would offer our team so much more
We're crazy not to resign Jackson for 700k. There is no world where we're not unless a club like the Knights come in with a 900k-1m offer...

Option four is affordable if we also move on two players out of Foran, Tolman, Hopoate and Elliott.

Also just throwing out some other Prop names if we miss out on Thompson. Taukeiaho and the two Junior Kangaroos Flegler and Faasuamaleaui.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will get none of these.

As for Harry Grant....are you Harry Grant? Every post of yours nearly is a love fest of grant .....he has achieved nothing in the game , the way you promote him is as if he is reg gansier .....
You're getting me confused with someone else. I've never seen him play but I've seen plenty of posts from others (or another at least) very keen on him. They were saying he has very big wraps from a lot of people. If that's true and he's a decent young hooker then yes we would be mad not to consider an upgrade in that position. Then again he could turn out to be another Lichaa. I was simply putting faith in what others were saying. I have a bit more faith than you that we'll get one or more big names. Seems the stars might be aligning actually. Turbo brothers still haven't received an offer from Manly so obviously they're having trouble coming up with a competitive offer for both Tom and Jake. Otherwise it's crazy why they would wait this long (so close to Nov 1) If Manly decide they can only afford to keep one of them and the Dogs can upgrade both and afford both which way do you think they're likely go ? From everything I've read and I pretty much read "everything" seems the Roosters are pretty much resigned to the fact they're gonna have to let Mitchell go. He's chasing the biggest pay packet he can get (so he can retire in 10 years) "sky's the limit" he said on Grand Final day about his next contract. They need to upgrade Manu, Verrills, JWH, Friend etc. The Roosters came out and said Friend and JWH won't be leaving. They said nothing about Mitchell though. They would realise they're gonna be about 300K a season short of what the Dogs can offer. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up with both Tom and Jake Turbo and Mitchell OR Manu. If we can pull it off what a team we'll have for 2021 and we'll never be short of a decent fullback anytime soon with 4 options available (5 if we keep Meaney as back up). Personally though I'd rather have David Fifita over Jake Turbo any day of the week.

Tom Trbojevic*@
DWZ*
Latrell Mitchell*#@
Will Hopoate #@
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran*# / Brandon Wakeham
Jack Cogger / Lachlan Lewis
Dylan Napa#@
JMK (Harry Grant maybe even ? LOL)
Renouf Toomaga
CHN*
Josh Jackson*@
Jake Trbojevic*@

RFM*
Joe Stimson
Dean Britt
Ofahiki Ogden

*international (8)
#Premiership winner (4)
@State of origin rep (6)

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paps will stay in Melbourne....storm have too much cash with chambers going who was on a mint and smith pending retirement this year or next.

Ramien will go to Cronulla
Latrell either stay or go to the rabbits
Fafita stay or roosters
Turbo boys stay at manly....nrl will make sure of it as it would be a PR nightmare for them.
Rabbits can't afford Mitchell after buying Roberts plus they already have 2 big name centres in Roberts and Gagai. Roosters can't keep everyone. Got to let go of either Mitchell or Manu. NRL can't do anything but sit on their hands like they always do. Manly will survive. They would still have a decent team even without the Turbos. Maybe they could buy Fifita.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players we should then be going for considering we are a very young side and by all reports missed out on luke Thompson from st Helens.

Warea hargraves to re unite with Napa.
Jake friend .... the front 3 have won some grand finals together right....

If these 2 come who may be on the outer with current club, you might snag manu as well....
Yes I've thought about JWH too. He's very effective and more affordable than Jake. I've read he's only on about 600K at the Roosters. With Friend also even better if we had that front row with Napa,

Manu even better again

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're getting me confused with someone else. I've never seen him play but I've seen plenty of posts from others (or another at least) very keen on him. They were saying he has very big wraps from a lot of people. If that's true and he's a decent young hooker then yes we would be mad not to consider an upgrade in that position. Then again he could turn out to be another Lichaa. I was simply putting faith in what others were saying. I have a bit more faith than you that we'll get one or more big names. Seems the stars might be aligning actually. Turbo brothers still haven't received an offer from Manly so obviously they're having trouble coming up with a competitive offer for both Tom and Jake. Otherwise it's crazy why they would wait this long (so close to Nov 1) If Manly decide they can only afford to keep one of them and the Dogs can upgrade both and afford both which way do you think they're likely go ? From everything I've read and I pretty much read "everything" seems the Roosters are pretty much resigned to the fact they're gonna have to let Mitchell go. He's chasing the biggest pay packet he can get (so he can retire in 10 years) "sky's the limit" he said on Grand Final day about his next contract. They need to upgrade Manu, Verrills, JWH, Friend etc. The Roosters came out and said Friend and JWH won't be leaving. They said nothing about Mitchell though. They would realise they're gonna be about 300K a season short of what the Dogs can offer. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up with both Tom and Jake Turbo and Mitchell OR Manu. If we can pull it off what a team we'll have for 2021 and we'll never be short of a decent fullback anytime soon with 4 options available (5 if we keep Meaney as back up). Personally though I'd rather have David Fifita over Jake Turbo any day of the week.

Tom Trbojevic*@
DWZ*
Latrell Mitchell*#@
Will Hopoate #@
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran*# / Brandon Wakeham
Jack Cogger / Lachlan Lewis
Dylan Napa#@
JMK (Harry Grant maybe even ? LOL)
Renouf Toomaga
CHN*
Josh Jackson*@
Jake Trbojevic*@

RFM*
Joe Stimson
Dean Britt
Ofahiki Ogden

*international (8)
#Premiership winner (4)
@State of origin rep (6)
Paragraphs mate. Reading your monotonous, repetitive dribble is hard enough without it all being in one massive chunk without paragraphs.

Start using them pls

Banned
Reaction score
Paps, Manu, Thommo and if the price is right, Fifita.
Let's chase them, after inflating the market for the Turbo Bro's, Mitchell etc.
I'd rather younger injury free players to build a team around, than seniors that are not going to be around for long.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd rather younger injury free players to build a team around, than seniors that are not going to be around for long.
Completely agree. So many people are focusing on this BIG signings, but agree the younger injury free players you're talking about are a better fit for us. Bring it

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't sign Fifita, the only way he considers us is if we pay overs. Id be happy with Papenhuyzen, Manu and a halfback, actually if that happened I'd probably faint in disbelief.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brent Read reporting Papenhuyzen agreed to a new deal with storm until 2022. Of course....

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't sign Fifita, the only way he considers us is if we pay overs. Id be happy with Papenhuyzen, Manu and a halfback, actually if that happened I'd probably faint in disbelief.
Fifita is possible on unders if his former schoolmates pitch how good Sydney is and we as a club are to players.
Play the emotion card about reuniting and continuing the good times from school.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fifita is possible on unders if his former schoolmates pitch how good Sydney is and we as a club are to players.
Play the emotion card about reuniting and continuing the good times from school.
Correct me if im wrong but the only player we have left who was at school with Fifita is Devontai Seumanutafa and he isn't even close to making our first team at the moment. He has life very easy up in Brisbane, the media is on his side, he lives at home and the Broncos will give him a big contract anyway.

We have enough backrowers and we have three quality junior forwards developing nicely anyway. Lets spend the money on our spine.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
All of them only consider us if we pay overs...

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All of them only consider us if we pay overs...
Yeah but you dont pay overs for a forward when you have so many already.

Would I pay overs for Papenhuyzen? Yeah I probably would if given the opportunity, but that because he is a match winner and someone who'll have the ball in his hands a lot. Mind you I dont think we are actually getting any of the big names anyway.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah but you dont pay overs for a forward when you have so many already.

Would I pay overs for Papenhuyzen? Yeah I probably would if given the opportunity, but that because he is a match winner and someone who'll have the ball in his hands a lot. Mind you I dont think we are actually getting any of the big names anyway.
Yeah I think we're fine in the Second Row and Lock positions.

I'd strengthen Centre (or Winger depending where Latrell plays), Hooker and Prop. Fullback if it meant Latrell (a must signing for me - controversial on these forums). So my ideal signings would be something like Latrell, Manu, Taukeiaho and Grant (Thompson is another option for Prop and the two Junior Kangaroos - Flegler and Faasuamaleaui. Vunivalu is a Winger option if Latrell is playing Centre). Papenhuyzen is a good shout tho. He's done some goal kicking (no idea how good he actually is, definitely not on Latrell's level) in some of Storm's games too which is something we're going to desperately need with Meaney out of the side.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paragraphs mate. Reading your monotonous, repetitive dribble is hard enough without it all being in one massive chunk without paragraphs.

Start using them pls
Yes I'll have to remember that. You remember also not to get me confused with other people on here and accuse me of something I never did