Is living in close proximity to power lines no good?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened between natboy ii and maroondog? Both retreated ?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Went underground.

I'll be running subscriptions for the PPV.
One of my friends and my older brother hate each other with a passion.

I keep trying to stir the pot so they want to fight each other like its 1998 all over again but its not working ffs!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One of my friends and my older brother hate each other with a passion.

I keep trying to stir the pot so they want to fight each other like its 1998 all over again but its not working ffs!
Do it, video it and make it viral and make money off the ***** lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one can escape it.
The EMR absorbed by people from the “normal” power poles outside most houses is about the same as the EMR from the large powerlines that connect the grids. that’s why they’re 3 times as high, so the EMR at ground level is the same.
Same with buried lines, they’re buried at a depth that makes the EMR on the surface Negligible.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wind power kills more people each year than nuclear power does.
Same with hydro.
Nuclear power kills no one.
Nuclear accidents do, but are extremely rare.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I strongly suspect statistics are largely based around accidents caused by said power source.
Yea, but it’s an important distinction. some energy sources (such as gas and coal) kill people everyday as part of their “normal” operation.

Banned
Reaction score
Be interesting to see the statistics if catastrophic disasters are removed from the equation.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one can escape it.
The EMR absorbed by people from the “normal” power poles outside most houses is about the same as the EMR from the large powerlines that connect the grids. that’s why they’re 3 times as high, so the EMR at ground level is the same.
Same with buried lines, they’re buried at a depth that makes the EMR on the surface Negligible.
So why is it that houses near or under power lines are significantly cheaper?

Haven’t you heard those things buzzing in the rain? Normal power poles don’t do that.

If you were to measure people born and raised under power poles I’d say they would be on average 1 foot shorter and below average in the looks department

I bet these people water their lawns whilst it’s raining too

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So why is it that houses near or under power lines are significantly cheaper?

Haven’t you heard those things buzzing in the rain? Normal power poles don’t do that.

If you were to measure people born and raised under power poles I’d say they would be on average 1 foot shorter and below average in the looks department

I bet these people water their lawns whilst it’s raining too
Because people think like you do.
All transformers buzz. The higher the input voltage, the louder the buzz.
If people that live under powerlines are on average uglier, that probably has more to do with the fact that good looking people tend to get better opportunities and therefore have more money and don’t have to buy cheap houses.