We can't let the Roosters sign David Fifita

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If the Roosters or Rabbitohs offer Fifita 1m, we'd have to offer 1.2-1.3m. You don't do that. That's paying overs on overs.

Friend, Manu/Latrell, JWH. If the Roosters let go (I don't think some by choice) of 3/4 of these players they could fit Fifita in. I guess they could also offload Crichton to another club. If the Rabbitohs don't resign Walker and Burgess is medically retired they could fit Fifita in.

Anyways Latrell is ripe for the picking.

Last edited:

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly. It's not like he's leaving the club mid-contract, meaning that there never was cash freed-up to begin with.
Contracts these days mean absolutely nothing its all about the money lets face it.
Its a fucking joke

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Distraught? I can think of a lot of words that could describe what fans would be, and indeed already are, so far as the Roosters roster is concerned, but distraught is not one of them.
How about fucked off, ropable, livid, disillusioned and shat off for starters?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hearing our main focus is Turbo bros + UK props...

Surely Fifita and Manu over the Turbo bros
Tom Turbo a bit better than Manu but Fifita heaps better than Jake

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Roosters want him, that’s where he’ll end up.
They're going to have to let at least 1 or 2 players go. Seems most likely it will be Mitchell, if not Manu (We should go for both). We need to upgrade fullback and we need a centre.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tom Turbo a bit better than Manu but Fifita heaps better than Jake
Fifita more explosive. I think it's a little difficult at the moment to say Fifita is heaps better than Jake (depends what you're looking for). In the future it possibly could be clear cut tho with how Fifita is going.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good timing. Seems we might be interested in Ffita after all. We'd be stupid if we weren't

Bulldogs' $14 million swoop for three NRL superstars revealed
By WWOS staff
an hour ago

1:29
/
5:59
Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

It's an absolute joke: Fast 5
FShareTTweetBEmail
The Bulldogs are preparing an historic $14 million swoop for three of the NRL's biggest name off contract players, according to a foxsports.com.au report.

Fox Sports' chief NRL reporter James Hooper is reporting that the Bulldogs have put together a plan to offer the eye-watering sum of money to lure Manly's Trbojevic brothers as well as Broncos young gun David Fifita on long-term deals.

The deal, should it come to fruition, would transform a club that has been mired in salary cap trouble for the last three years.

Trbojevic wins Manly best and fairest

Trbojevic wins Manly best and fairest
All three of the representative stars come onto the open market on November 1, with Manly heroes Tom and Jake Trbojevic the jewels in the crown of a stacked marketplace.

According to the report, Canterbury's bid includes $1.4 million-a-year over four years for the gun fullback and $1.1 million-a-year over the same period for the lock who wears the No.13 jersey for NSW and Australia.

Packaged up it is a stunning $10 million offer for the two brothers who have made public their desire to stay on the northern beaches beyond the 2020 season.

The $1 million-a-season offer to Fifita will also span four years, giving the club three players on seven-figure deals to build around as they chase premierships from 2021-2025.

While the Trbojevic brothers will be very difficult to entice away from Brookvale, Fifita hinted at a willingness to move away from Brisbane when asked about the interest in his services this week as he prepares to captain the Australian U23 side.

Latest NRL Videos

Time for Kangaroos renewal: Cordner
00:38

Papalii in doubt for Kangaroos Test
01:48

It's an absolute joke: Fast 5
05:59

However, the Bulldogs will have their work cut out to convince him to move to Belmore, with the Roosters, Rabbitohs, Eels and Warriors all linked with the Queensland star in recent times.

Whoever winds up securing Fifita's services on a long-term deal will get value for their money, according to Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler, who told Wide World of Sports' Freddy and the Eighth that at the tender age of 19 he wasn't far from the complete package.

Broncos forward David Fifita. (Getty)
"To win a comp, you need a strike back-rower and he's your strike back-rower," Johns said, with Fittler adding just one caveat.

"One thing that hasn't been tested is (his) defence. I know they had a big issue with his defence early on in the season," Fittler said.

"But he's played Origin, he's come out through the other side and that's the sort of stuff that will get better, just as he gets fitter and plays more games. Just from a strength point of view - well, have a look at the (video) clips.

"It's not easy getting yourself up and off the ground, and the amount of work you've got to do off the ball in first-grade to be a great player is a lot. He's just getting used to that, but the sky's the limit."

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn’t want too come to Sydney, he prefers Wollongong and the dragons in an article I read an Will let his mother make the final decision!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We can't win against them in a bidding war as they have no cap... They would just force us to overpay

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can't win against them in a bidding war as they have no cap... They would just force us to overpay
They have a cap. They will force us to overpay because almost every player (literally almost every player, 99%) would rather go to the Roosters over us for the same amount.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Fifita wants to be mentored by SBW he will go to the Rorter$.. If he wants to be coached by Bennet he will go Souths.. if he wants the best garlic chicken he can come to Belmore..
Well, if SBW is mentoring him, he should star for the Roosters, then walk out on them mid season for Rugby Union.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather see Roosters get him than filthy Souffs

if Roosters don't get him they will get either a player just as good, or three marquee 'depth' players and claim to be paying them peanuts....Souffs threw GI money at James Friggn Roberts

Dogs should throw money at JWH for a two year contract... he is the most dominant player in the competition and in that grand final it was man against boys in that first 30 watching Raiders try to contain him
And we wouldn't lose him for SOO.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brisbane are the only other club that can match the Roosters for third party deals, which puts them in a good position to at least go close to matching the Roosters’ offer.
I say a crock of shit to this. Roosters have, over the last few years, claimed to have only around 200k in TPA maintaining they don't need to use them ( the registered ones known to the NRL that is) whilst Broncos and Storm something like 800k. Bronco TPA far outweigh that of the Roosters yet players still sign with the club even with the playing roster they have.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uncle Nick is a billionaire, well done uncle Nick! How can anyone compete with him honestly, he will get who he wants no matter what! This competition has become a farce! :rage::rage::rage:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not with the Politi$ brown paper bags..
Uncle Nick is a billionaire, well done uncle Nick! How can anyone compete with him honestly, he will get who he wants no matter what! This competition has become a farce! :rage::rage::rage:
Be careful guys, you will get the NRL Salary Cap auditor Bradyk fired up with these sort of 'baseless statements' :tonguewink:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Love how all the Rorters fans on FB etc can see how all these people legitimately fit in a salary cap no-where near what the players would actually cost.

Can we start a go-fund me to get a neutral auditor in to have a proper look at the accounts of that club?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love how all the Rorters fans on FB etc can see how all these people legitimately fit in a salary cap no-where near what the players would actually cost.

Can we start a go-fund me to get a neutral auditor in to have a proper look at the accounts of that club?
No, because he'll end up being paid by uncle Nick, to shut up and turn a blind eye!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I suppose it gives journos something to discuss in the off-season, and us something to talk about, but I totally expect Fifita, Mitchell and both turbos to stay where they are. They are all core members at their clubs who aren't likely to let them go easily. I think all we are seeing with all the speculation is some good old fashioned price pumping